Replies: 8534
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 05:21:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

• Forum gossip thread 5 0 5 3

Forum gossip thread

Started by Erica Mena, May 20, 2022, 03:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sloan and 10 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=455604 time=1654214959 user_id=2845
Holy shit. Mel is up early

My hours vary, but I can't sleep in until noon anymore.  I have a business to run, and am also in the midst of bathroom reno's.  Completely gutting two bathrooms.  New tiles, new floors, new shitters, new vanities, new mirrows, new lights...

Actually, I have tons of shit to do around the house.  My standards are high.  I have a large yard, so that alone can keep me busy when shit starts to grow, like now.

weebles

Quote from: Mel post_id=455701 time=1654225761
Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=455604 time=1654214959 user_id=2845
Holy shit. Mel is up early

My hours vary, but I can't sleep in until noon anymore.  I have a business to run, and am also in the midst of bathroom reno's.  Completely gutting two bathrooms.  New tiles, new floors, new shitters, new vanities, new mirrows, new lights...

Actually, I have tons of shit to do around the house.  My standards are high.  I have a large yard, so that alone can keep me busy when shit starts to grow, like now.

Do you enjoy having the acreage?

Poppy

Is BF reading PM's?

Is this true??

Will take him a long time to read all those PM's blandscape sent me
I\'m Poppy!

Anonymous

Quote from: weebles post_id=455731 time=1654228027 user_id=2191
Do you enjoy having the acreage?

It's nice to have a little space from the neighbours, although all my neighbours are awesome!  Added bonus is I'm on a dead end street, so not much traffic.  I've probably got close to two acres of grass to mow, so that takes some time, but I don't mind putting around in circles on the ride-on.

Living rural has some advantages, like very few by-laws.  I can burn shit, and can pretty well do whatever I want on my property.  Most property out here is ALR, including mine, so there won't be high rises going up any time soon.

Rural folk are just better.  Everyone waves at each other, and people help each other out.  It's like Mayberry, and it's nice to be around White people also.  Sadly even these properties have skyrocketed in price, especially since Covid...  In southern BC there's almost nowhere that's cheap anymore.  I just lucked out and lowballed a seller before Covid hit.

Dove

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=455511 time=1654198668 user_id=3254
Quote from: Dove post_id=455496 time=1654196049 user_id=3266
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=455487 time=1654194667 user_id=3254
Quote from: Blurt post_id=455486 time=1654194599 user_id=1974
Dovey is the one who hands out gold stars, for sexual favours I believe.

I've got at least two of 'em in my back pocket.

I plan to cash 'em in when Dovey comes to Canada in 2024 for the Rapture.

Is she a dispensationalist?

Nope lol

Preterist. Like a partial preterist.

lol, she's not that..

I'm a follower of covenantalism....I thought you might know.

Oh I am a partial preterist, Fash lol. That's me talking ahahaha.

Yes I know covenantalism. I used to be more dispey but as I studied a bit more that changed. I'm convinced a lot of Revelation has already happened and we are basically waiting for Christ to return.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

weebles

Sorry Dove as an Atheist you live you die and that is it... No one will give a crap about any of us in less then 100 years...  But if religious beliefs help you deal/cope or help you feel safe and comfortable then no problem here.

Also Atheist/Agnostic tops  ac_hithere  :001_tongue:

Frood

The secrets of the universe are not known to us and energy is infinite.... perhaps hedge your bets, Weebs...

We're all probably in a cosmic simulation....
Blahhhhhh...

Dove

Quote from: weebles post_id=455766 time=1654231364 user_id=2191
Sorry Dove as an Atheist you live you die and that is it... No one will give a crap about any of us in less then 100 years...  But if religious beliefs help you deal/cope or help you feel safe and comfortable then no problem here.

Also Atheist/Agnostic tops  ac_hithere  :001_tongue:

I love how the modern day evangelists are all atheist/agnostics.

Does atheism/agnosticism help you cope? I think I would be LESS afraid of death if there was just nothing. So to me....that would be a better coping mechanism.

weebles

Stuff made up by humans over centuries  seems to be BS to me but to each their own.. ac_drinks

Frood

I'm straddling the fence between higher meaning and nothing. My mind rejects various fairy tales but my intuition say all are right, all are wrong, ying is yang and all that jazz.

So to try to be a good person with a belief of what they could earn you or your due is one thing, but so is believing in nothing but still doing what you think is ethical or moral.. The unknown after will judge us. Why judge the unknown in the before?
Blahhhhhh...

Dove

Quote from: weebles post_id=455777 time=1654232096 user_id=2191
Stuff made up by humans over centuries  seems to be BS to me but to each their own.. ac_drinks

Wouldnt those standards apply to everything?

Humans really dont think of things we never thought. There has to be a point of reference.

Plus diving into the depths of scripture and the Being titled "God".....humans cannot even properly explain and conceive of Him.

I find it interesting when people suggest belief in God is a way to cope. I'm drawn to God and I fear Him. To me it was ALWAYS more frightening to think of dying and being face to face with a Being as pure and holy and God. And I really think a lot of people are afraid that the God of scripture might be real. Not everyone....but many.

Frood

Quote from: Dove post_id=455784 time=1654233000 user_id=3266

Humans really dont think of things we never thought. There has to be a point of reference.

Plus diving into the depths of scripture and the Being titled "God".....humans cannot even properly explain and conceive of Him.

I find it interesting when people suggest belief in God is a way to cope. I'm drawn to God and I fear Him. To me it was ALWAYS more frightening to think of dying and being face to face with a Being as pure and holy and God. And I really think a lot of people are afraid that the God of scripture might be real. Not everyone....but many.

I definitely believe that modern humanity has been tinkered with by other realms.... in our fairytales handed down, there's a creation story but no real background.
Blahhhhhh...

Dove

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=455796 time=1654233954 user_id=1676

I definitely believe that modern humanity has been tinkered with by other realms.... in our fairytales handed down, there's a creation story but no real background.

It all kind of ties together.  Like all the Greek and Norse myths. All those "gods".  They all have humanish characteristics and they had sex with humans and created "demi gods".  The Egyptian Gods were very similar as well. And the hieroglyphs showing things that people think are aliens from other planets.

If you look at it.....it goes along with the biblical(and apocryphal) stories about fallen angel's, teaching humans "heavenly knowledge", leading them to war with God, and having children with humans (Nephilum).

That's just an example....there are so many parallels in all of the info from the ancient world.

I like when people claim these stories are "copying" others or the bible "copied" other stories.....as if they just jumped on the internet and ganked eachothers stories and ideas lol. Ancient cultures all have a flood story as well.

Frood

Quote from: Dove post_id=455804 time=1654234588 user_id=3266

It all kind of ties together.  Like all the Greek and Norse myths. All those "gods".  They all have humanish characteristics and they had sex with humans and created "demi gods".  The Egyptian Gods were very similar as well. And the hieroglyphs showing things that people think are aliens from other planets.

If you look at it.....it goes along with the biblical(and apocryphal) stories about fallen angel's, teaching humans "heavenly knowledge", leading them to war with God, and having children with humans (Nephilum).

That's just an example....there are so many parallels in all of the info from the ancient world.

I like when people claim these stories are "copying" others or the bible "copied" other stories.....as if they just jumped on the internet and ganked eachothers stories and ideas lol. Ancient cultures all have a flood story as well.

Even unapproachable cultures have similar stories.... yeah..and a lot of that spoken word/camp-fire stuff later transcribed in still ancient works rotted, died by alleged fires-ransacking, or got buried behind Vatican walls till this day.... as the current pope pontificates about news items and doesn't open up his city state archives for people to get their own opinions.
Blahhhhhh...

Dove

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=455810 time=1654234998 user_id=1676
Quote from: Dove post_id=455804 time=1654234588 user_id=3266

Even unapproachable cultures have similar stories.... yeah..and a lot of that spoken word/camp-fire stuff later transcribed in still ancient works rotted, died by alleged fires-ransacking, or got buried behind Vatican walls till this day.... as the current pope pontificates about news items and doesn't open up his city state archives for people to get their own opinions.

Indeed.

Catholicism genuinely frightens me. If you are gonna believe and devote yourself to the God of the Bible...do that. Theyve created a whole religion that in many ways contradicts the word of the God they claim to follow.

Not slamming Catholics. I've met some that are very genuine and reverent of God that take scripture seriously. But all that ritual...works based salvation....repetitive pre written prayer (except the Lords prayer...that's the words of Christ)....its not just biblical. Praying to dead humans. It freaks me out.