Replies: 8349
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 01:54:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by caskur

• Forum gossip thread 5 0 5 3

Forum gossip thread

Started by Erica Mena, May 20, 2022, 03:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 21 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

DKG

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on June 24, 2024, 10:47:42 AMexactly. And they truly believe they can shut down those of us who are vastly smarter than they are with punchlines like "you don't logic" " you nothing nothing" "it's nuanced" etc etc
And of course, "you dumb gook."

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: DKG on June 24, 2024, 11:07:38 AMAnd of course, "you dumb gook."

Ah yes, from the person who is so utterly opposed to racism in all it's forms being cultivated by those neanderthals in the white supremacist MAGA party

the shameless hypocrisy never ceases to astound does it? 
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Biggie Smiles

Here's the bottom line. To leftist scum of the democrat variety people are commodities who exist only for their value towards the furtherance of whatever goal they are looking to accomplish.

Opportunists of the most vile and despicable manner

Case in point. True story

When Lotusbud openly hated The Pig On Two Feet she was thick as thieves with people like avatar_deport_liberals  and holiday. But when her and that angry pig formed their alliance based on Mutual hatred of Dove and I all of the sudden these people didn't mean jack shit to her any more.

I am very observant folks... and saw this as it was playing itself out.
Winner Winner x 1 View List

DKG

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on June 24, 2024, 11:16:27 AMHere's the bottom line. To leftist scum of the democrat variety people are commodities who exist only for their value towards the furtherance of whatever goal they are looking to accomplish.

Opportunists of the most vile and despicable manner

Precisely.

formosan

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on June 24, 2024, 10:27:28 AMIt's nothing more than a PONZI scheme

and watching people like LotusButtcrack support this shit, or at the very least turn a blind eye to it, after YEARS of pontificating about all the money spent on the "industrial war complex" at a period of time when there were no wars, just someone she didn't like personally, is a most disgusting display of absolute and untamed hypocrisy
In my opinion from the brief times that we posted together, Lotusbus seemed very angry..

I suppose total allegiance to any ideology can make a person unhappy.
too old to be a fashionista

Dove

Quote from: DKG on June 23, 2024, 11:19:15 AMSo, the federal government lowered the bar?

This is not something I have read about. It is not something I would expect CNN or WaPo to report either.

I know it was here in Michigan. A lot of people I know were impacted...and now struggle very hard to afford their medications and coverage.

What they do get is like a reduced rate for insurance. So like if you buy a policy, and let's say it costs 600 some dollars a month....the state will pick up a percentage of it based on your income.

It's something at least but it's still awful for seniors on fixed incomes.

I absolutely believe we need to have changes here but I'm not down with suddenly cutting people off who are relying on it and too old or sick to get back on their feet. Leave them alone and implement changes for the future.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Dove

Quote from: caskur on June 23, 2024, 04:39:36 PMWhy did your elderly get booted out of Medicaid?

Just this year.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Brent

Quote from: Dove on June 24, 2024, 12:56:06 PMI know it was here in Michigan. A lot of people I know were impacted...and now struggle very hard to afford their medications and coverage.

What they do get is like a reduced rate for insurance. So like if you buy a policy, and let's say it costs 600 some dollars a month....the state will pick up a percentage of it based on your income.

It's something at least but it's still awful for seniors on fixed incomes.

I absolutely believe we need to have changes here but I'm not down with suddenly cutting people off who are relying on it and too old or sick to get back on their feet. Leave them alone and implement changes for the future.
I hate the way American health care is deleivered. It is so expensive and lets so many people fall through the cracks.

Not that Canada's expensive health care is much better. We have people dying waiting for life saving procedures.

Garraty_47

Quote from: Brent on June 24, 2024, 01:42:43 PMNot that Canada's expensive health care is much better. We have people dying waiting for life saving procedures.

In a universal health care system that is 100% a failure of the government to provide a sufficient number of facilities or capacity within those facilities to serve the public need. It's not a health care system problem... it's a government mismanagement of resources problem, likely due to greed and corruption.

It wouldn't be the first time a bunch of rapacious capitalist pigs intentionally broke a government service as a pretext to move forward with privatizing it for the benefit of themselves and their corporate cronies.

Lokmar

Quote from: Brent on June 24, 2024, 01:42:43 PMI hate the way American health care is deleivered. It is so expensive and lets so many people fall through the cracks.

Not that Canada's expensive health care is much better. We have people dying waiting for life saving procedures.

It was fantastic before government intervention and price controls.

Brent

Quote from: Garraty_47 on June 24, 2024, 01:54:54 PMIn a universal health care system that is 100% a failure of the government to provide a sufficient number of facilities or capacity within those facilities to serve the public need. It's not a health care system problem... it's a government mismanagement of resources problem, likely due to greed and corruption.

It wouldn't be the first time a bunch of rapacious capitalist pigs intentionally broke a government service as a pretext to move forward with privatizing it for the benefit of themselves and their corporate cronies.
I am no free marketeer, but I don't think we can seriously blame capitalism for Canada's health care failures.

The provinces run our no private competition health care delivery. They have guidelines under the The Canada Health Act they must follow. Health care costs are soaring and straining provincial budgets.

I don't know what the answer is. But, I know it cannot continue as is without collapsing. We have to make reforms soon, lower costs, and get people the treatment they need when they need it. No more dying while waiting.

Garraty_47

Quote from: Brent on June 24, 2024, 02:09:40 PMI am no free marketeer, but I don't think we can seriously blame capitalism for Canada's health care failures.

The provinces run our no private competition health care delivery. They have guidelines under the The Canada Health Act they must follow. Health care costs are soaring and straining provincial budgets.

I don't know what the answer is. But, I know it cannot continue as is without collapsing. We have to make reforms soon, lower costs, and get people the treatment they need when they need it. No more dying while waiting.

To determine where the problem lies simply find out who's profiting from those soaring costs and limited access, and who those people are funding/supporting in your government.

'Follow the money' isn't just a cliche... it can also be a major component of a battle plan.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Lokmar on June 24, 2024, 01:58:31 PMIt was fantastic before government intervention and price controls.

remember when peepoll who couldn't afford health care insurance were fined by the IRS at approximately 80% of the purchase price  of the shitty health insurances providers on that stupid exchange which never worked?

So essentially you either found a way to pay for shitty health care which you couldn't afford OR you had the very benevolent courtesy of paying 80% of that cost to Uncle Sam for absolutely NOTHING instead

wasn't that awesome? 
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Brent

Quote from: Garraty_47 on June 24, 2024, 02:18:05 PMTo determine where the problem lies simply find out who's profiting from those soaring costs and limited access, and who those people are funding/supporting in your government.

'Follow the money' isn't just a cliche... it can also be a major component of a battle plan.
Since our health care system does not allow private competition, we do not need to look too far.

One thing that is unusual about Canadian health care is all the appointed civil servants making $300,000 a year and up who are on local health care boards. None of them are medical professionals. Usually they are NDP party insiders.

Do we really need that many overpaid politically appointed administrators? Whenever cuts are made in recession times, their jobs are never affected. 

Biggie Smiles

Could anyone who despises the free market approach to health care explain why Lasik Eve Surgery costs an average 2,000.00 per eye on the open market while the tax payer is billed through the medicare Ponzi an average of 15,000 to take someone's blood pressure in an ER?

hint: The government is completely incompetent in EVERYTHING they do