The best topic

Replies: 10408
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 05:56:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Can someone post a FAQ for this subforum

Started by Poppy, May 25, 2022, 12:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Breakfall

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=453116 time=1653564147 user_id=3254
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=453105 time=1653553603 user_id=3358
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=453037 time=1653526185 user_id=1676
Many forums are cracking the whip on politics....like a canary in the coal mine for real life.

The future of discourse looks bleak and the smell of civil war lingers.

As I mentioned  before...it's the relentless petty American politics, particularly regarding the Libs vs the Cons. I realise it's an American-based forum, but for fuck sake's, it's a load of drivel with a handful of blowhards rinsing and repeating daily. And not to mention a complete nutter that wants to write essays of tripe. * Tripe~ Cow stomach dish from Pommyland.

Shit behaviour!

BF's politics sub didn't discuss politics.

It wasn't so much as a discussion, but rather snippets of distorted and bastardised waffle, piss and wind.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=453132 time=1653568585 user_id=3358
Many forums are cracking the whip on politics....like a canary in the coal mine for real life.

As I mentioned  before...it's the relentless petty American politics, particularly regarding the Libs vs the Cons. I realise it's an American-based forum, but for fuck sake's, it's a load of drivel with a handful of blowhards rinsing and repeating daily. And not to mention a complete nutter that wants to write essays of tripe. * Tripe~ Cow stomach dish from Pommyland.

Shit behaviour!

It wasn't so much as a discussion, but rather snippets of distorted and bastardised waffle, piss and wind.

That's kind of what I meant..

They spin a headline.

Breakfall

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=453133 time=1653568714 user_id=3254
Quote from: Bonkerfist post_id=453132 time=1653568585 user_id=3358

Shit behaviour!

That's kind of what I meant..

They spin a headline.

Always...and all in an effort to keep open that divide of a struggling nation. Poor show.

Erica Mena

Let's not go that direction. That shit will infect this forum if I let it slide even once.
<t></t>

Poppy

BF would be wise to turn his forum into a blog like Bra1in did. He aint ever getting new members with that giant clusterfuck going on.
I\'m Poppy!

Erica Mena

Quote from: Poppy post_id=453171 time=1653576393 user_id=3287
BF would be wise to turn his forum into a blog like Bra1in did. He aint ever getting new members with that giant clusterfuck going on.

He knows what he needs to do if he wants his forum back.
<t></t>

Anonymous

If BF completely stamped out politics being discussed, at least half of the active posters would leave and the board post count, which he always seems to be concerned about, would drastically plummet.

Poppy

People do know there are other, more mature political boards out there, even redit has well moderated and civil political subredits.

BF's politics is not political discussion, it's the trolling and flaming equivalent of Meltdown. Even Stormfront 2.0 does not allow the racist crap that Lokmar can post at BF, probably because Stormfront 2.0 is under 24 hour NSA monitoring.

BF is a niche forum that lost most of it's core base when all the CBT blow ins blew into BF. He is stuck babysitting people of "the community" that are not capable of posting anywhere else. Where do Flynn, Lokmar and Benzo go if BF closes?
I\'m Poppy!

Anonymous

Quote from: Poppy post_id=453178 time=1653577995 user_id=3287
People do know there are other, more mature political boards out there, even redit has well moderated and civil political subredits.

BF's politics is not political discussion, it's the trolling and flaming equivalent of Meltdown. Even Stormfront 2.0 does not allow the racist crap that Lokmar can post at BF, probably because Stormfront 2.0 is under 24 hour NSA monitoring.

BF is a niche forum that lost most of it's core base when all the CBT blow ins blew into BF. He is stuck babysitting people of "the community" that are not capable of posting anywhere else. Where do Flynn, Lokmar and Benzo go if BF closes?

All three of them have handles here.

Anonymous

That's why the board is closed to lurkers and only registered members can view threads.

Reddit is garbage and has a massive lefty bias. BF is a good forum in my opinion. It obviously isn't to everybody's taste and is far from perfect, but in this day and age where forums are going the way of the dodo, it's in pretty good standing in terms of daily traffic.

Blazor

Quote from: Guest post_id=453189 time=1653580087

That's why the board is closed to lurkers and only registered members can view threads.

Reddit is garbage and has a massive lefty bias. BF is a good forum in my opinion. It obviously isn't to everybody's taste and is far from perfect, but in this day and age where forums are going the way of the dodo, it's in pretty good standing in terms of daily traffic.

BF recently opened thread viewing to lurkers this week.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Dove

I do try but people just want to be insulting and fight. It's really pretty futile.

I have to agree with Frued. Discourse is dead. Even on more "mature" boards.....people are just more polite in their dismissiveness and biases.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

deport_liberals

Moar and moar stories are open to comments on yahoo.

Oak

Shit behaviour!

Absolutely.  They use politics as a vessel to vent their grievances about their own internal dysfunction.  Easy to point and say "them, those people..." when it's really about themselves.

Oak

Funny that you singleout CBT as the problem forum, but none of the posters you call out by name are CBT posters.  The problem got worse when the conservative echo chamber had liberals join.