Last post: Today at 05:21:48 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Over-Zealous Flynn

Started by caskur, June 04, 2022, 07:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

Quote from: Trauma post_id=456846 time=1654436040
I thought you were having a match here.

Well we might, we might not... you have Blandscape now... your life cycle is complete.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

cw_

Quote from: caskur post_id=456815 time=1654410046 user_id=2156

I suspect its coming from the inside of me though like an infected internal haemorroid or a dying infected uterine cyst... as soon as I am better 100% I have questions I want answers to.

My diabetes was off the charts..... and that didn't help.

Sounds like there could well be a nutritional component to it.  Esp. with the diabetes.  There may be an auto immune prob similar to HS.. It's good you are taking zinc, make sure to get vit D and K2.  Happy Recovery.

caskur

Quote from: cw_ post_id=456854 time=1654438387 user_id=3226

I suspect its coming from the inside of me though like an infected internal haemorroid or a dying infected uterine cyst... as soon as I am better 100% I have questions I want answers to.

Sounds like there could well be a nutritional component to it.  Esp. with the diabetes.  There may be an auto immune prob similar to HS.. It's good you are taking zinc, make sure to get vit D and K2.  Happy Recovery.

I don't get any vitamin D... I avoid the sun... umm and I don't know anything about vit k so I will look that up. I think I have got MS myself... I have needles and pins on both hands.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Dove

Quote from: Dove post_id=456802 time=1654405599 user_id=3266
 Yeah that's common if you get wounds anywhere around your business. People who get coccyx pressure ulcers are very vulnerable to that as well.

SO glad you got care in time. That first picture of the wound was not not looking good at all.  The dark under the skin like that is bad sign.

Thanks for showing me though....I love that kinda shit lol. Not the suffering part....just gross medical stuff gets me going lol. I'm liscenced to do wound care and I've done a lot of it.  I've seen A LOT of unstageable pressure ulcers where you sometimes see BONE. And people with diabetes and some other conditions that impact blood flow are very vulnerable to infections like this. They heal very slowly as well so the whole time they are healing they could get reinfected easily. Usually they stay on a vancomycin drip for that reason. Then they end up with C.Diff.

I had a mentally disabled patient who had diabetes....she was younger in her late 30s but so over weight she wasnt mobile. This poor womans entire back....was covered in pressure ulcers because the home she was in just left her laying. Didnt even turn her or put pillows under her....nothing.  Just let her lay there in her own urine and feces. It was fucking horrible. So all the bed sores were infected with E. Faecalis. She also had a VERY large wound in the fold between her belly and her pubic area. This facility she came to us from was only doing her wound care ONCE a day at the end of the day.  And all they did was shove gauze in it. They didn't flush it. Didnt use the silver alginate. NOTHING. And this wound was serious.

She had so much necrotic tissue you could smell it in the hallway. Me and the nurse who assessed her were looking at eachother and tearing up while we were measuring, photographing, and swabbing each wound on this poor womans back. Worse rehab facility negligence I've personally ever seen. She was in so much pain. She suffered terribly through the entire assessment and the wound cleaning. We couldn't even give her a quick morphine push because we didnt have any orders from her doctor yet.

And yeah we can report this stuff and we do....unfortunately that doesnt always mean something will happen.  And yeah she was full of fucking MRSA. It was truly the worst IVE personally seen. That wound on her belly/pubic area looked like a deep stab wound. And the tissue was so damaged she had to be surgically cleaned. Full of slough and necrotic tissue. She was very over weight so the gash wound was UNDER the belly fold right where yeast and bacteria build up.

She SHOULD have been septic but she wasnt.

we had a woman die in her wheelchair after being left in it for a year.... all her career did was steal all her jewelry. Its an Australian scandal.

After every shower I sloth hand sanitizer gel between any folds ....under boobs, in the groin area (not my crack) but last summer the heat and sweating was relentless and obviously I wasn't clean enough. I will make sure I shower with chlorhexide now.

Yeah the culprit is almost always bacteria we naturally have on our skin that builds up into wounds and gets into the blood stream. The faecalis is bacteria we have in our feces. Its group B strep.

Our bodies are teaming with bacteria and we actually need it. It's our normal flora....but when it gets into places it's not supposed to be it becomes infection. We have staph on our skin too.....that one causes MRSA and all kinds of nasty infections.

I was gonna ask if you had any underlying conditions that impact your blood flow. Diabetes is a biggy....a lot of wound care patients I saw were diabetics.

There are medicated powders you can get to put in any folds you have where moisture builds. It's really easy to get yeast all built up in there because if it's hot and you are sweating... it cant dry. Powder is great for that. You really gotta wipe it out and reapply though because the powder does get pasty in there. It absorbs all that moisture.  It wont really "feel" like its dry....but it's doing the job. All that moisture that would be causing problems is just getting absorbed. It's hard if the wound is in your crack....that area is so full of bacteria no matter how frequently you wash or how clean you are. Chlorhexide is perfect for that.

Yeah have them check you out for cysts and make sure you dont have any infections stewing anywhere.....I dont think that would bother your wound but it can definately slow your healing and make you more vulnerable to reinfection(immune system is compromised while you have an infection).

Definately avoid covid right now. Avoid viruses all together. Nutrition and hydration and good wound care. And yeah get the diabetes under control and keep it controlled. I cant tell how many diabetic people I saw on our floor who had everything from severely infected wounds to all out amputations. Most all of these patients were somewhat noncompliant with their care plans and were paying the price. Its kind of amazing how many diabetic people dont take their condition seriously until they are septic from a wound or getting their foot amputated.  I'm not saying you weren't taking serious...just that many people really dont.

I guess diabetes isnt "uncomfortable" on a daily normal basis so patients will push it because they dont "feel" like it's bad. That's the thing with diabetes though.....yeah you are comfortable and you dont nessesary FEEL sick. Up until you do feel sick and now it's a whole cascade of serious medical issues.  Do not neglect your diabetes!  That disease is so so serious and can do so much damage.  Dont ever be like "yeah I'm feeling really good and healthy so I must not have anything to worry about and I can get away with *fill in the blank*".  Dont eat like shit and neglect your care.  It's so not worth what can happen.  If you were not on a good solid care plan for your diabetes now is the time to get on one and be devoted to it. Dont think because you feel good you are good.....think like "I feel really good and healthy. And I'm gonna stay that way by being proactive with my conditions".

Dont be a paranoid wreck either.....just take it seriously(if you arent already). You can be doing everything right and shit can go south. Get checked out for anything you feel needs to he looked at. You can get internal hemorrhoids....and the boogie man with that is peritonitus.  Have the doctor check all that and make sure there is no infections. Kinda whine and say its irritating you.... if you complain theyll give it more attention. If you dont whine and say its NOT bothering you, they wont take it seriously at all....theyll just tell you it's fine and not to worry about it. It's perfectly okay to make up a little fuss over some things for the sake of getting them to look more critically at it.

Once you are all healed you are gonna want to lay off the antiseptic washes....we do need that bacteria on our skin. If you over do that you can start getting skin problems. You wanna keep a good balance of flora in your gut. Really pay attention to that because you can get really bad yeast infections from killing off too much bacteria. Not only that....you can get C.Diff and you do not want C.Diff. Its burning and painful diarrhea that smells like chemicals. It's very uncomfortable and contagious. Its ghoulishly difficult to get rid of once you have it....its literally caused by antibiotics.

You probably wanna get a probiotic so you keep a good balance in your gut. I dont know about that right now but ask your doctor. Meanwhile eat live culture yogurt once a day. Doctors usually dont even talk about this UNTIL you either have C Diff or a raging yeast infection and then theyll be like "Oh yeah, that's normal and it's from the antibiotics. Here have this pill/cream and eat some yogurt".  They really do not even think about it.

Our American doctors will flat out wait for easily treated....albeit uncomfortable as fuck....issues to crop up before doing fuck all to PREVENT it. I dont think its intentional but it sure does suck when you end up with a raging yeast infection and your business is all swollen and burning and itching nonstop and you find out it was easily prevented if you had just popped some probiotics or ate some silly yogurt....but no one told you  ac_unsure.

Me and my husband are so used to telling friends and family all the shit they dont get told by the doctor that we know because we have seen it all over and over.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Dove

Quote from: caskur post_id=456863 time=1654439989 user_id=2156
Quote from: cw_ post_id=456854 time=1654438387 user_id=3226

I don't get any vitamin D... I avoid the sun... umm and I don't know anything about vit k so I will look that up. I think I have got MS myself... I have needles and pins on both hands.

Cascur! You NEED VIT D.  Right now, order some good liquid vit D that you can spray in your mouth and if you avoid the sun get 3k IU at least.  You need that. A Vit D deficiency can feel horrible.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/vitamin-d/#:~:text=It%20is%20a%20fat%2Dsoluble,control%20infections%20and%20reduce%20inflammation">https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritions ... flammation">https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/vitamin-d/#:~:text=It%20is%20a%20fat%2Dsoluble,control%20infections%20and%20reduce%20inflammation.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.