Replies: 8456
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:49:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

A

St. Patrick's Day

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2014, 07:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
There isn't a whole lot of difference nowadays but years ago as bad as British food can be, Irish food was way worse. Lots of bland boiled meats with cabbage, potatoes and parsnips, BLEECH! For many years boiled potatoes were a staple because they were cheap and can feed large families.

But there are some decent dishes like Dublin Coddle, steak and Guinness pie and lamb stew. Good soda bread is one of my faves as well. Some of the desserts aren't bad either. My mom makes an Irish whiskey cake that's very good.

Also I like a good hard Irish cheddar with a few beers.

I had Steak and Guinness pie at the Irish owned pub in Edmonton. It was alright. Not my kind of food.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Yeah, bad food.

That and when I was 17 I got may ass pinched about a dozen times by drunks at the parade in NYC. That left a lasting impression.  ac_rollseyes

We have a pub in Edmonton owned by people from Ireland. To be honest, I don't know the diff between Irish and British food.

Ass pinched eh? Reminds of my days riding the LRT in my first year of uni before my parents bought me my first car.

Yeah, ain't it a real treat?

I don't know about you but I bruise real easy. My husband always says I'm like a piece of overripe fruit.  ac_rollseyes

It's my golden/yellow flesh. Bruises aren't as visible on me as they are on you pasty types. ac_razz

Renee

We have a pub in Edmonton owned by people from Ireland. To be honest, I don't know the diff between Irish and British food.

Ass pinched eh? Reminds of my days riding the LRT in my first year of uni before my parents bought me my first car.

Yeah, ain't it a real treat?

I don't know about you but I bruise real easy. My husband always says I'm like a piece of overripe fruit.  ac_rollseyes

It's my golden/yellow flesh. Bruises aren't as visible on me as they are on you pasty types. ac_razz

So if you get punched in the face you won't get raccoon eyes?  ac_toofunny

You're a wife beaters dream. Odie really missed out when you told him to fuck off. ac_lmfao
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

You're a wife beaters dream. Odie really missed out when you told him to fuck off. ac_lmfao

That idiot is ALL talk. Rambling, idiotic bullshit and nothing more. I'm about as scared of that clown as I am of Fash.

Renee

That idiot is ALL talk. Rambling, idiotic bullshit and nothing more. I'm about as scared of that clown as I am of Fash.

Don't worry, Odie wants me; but sometimes he want's RW, or Inky, or evs or mimi......or Blurt.

But you're safe.  ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

It is always pleasant to see everyone wearing something green on St. Patrick's Day.

ac_smile

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"It is always pleasant to see everyone wearing something green on St. Patrick's Day.

ac_smile

Even if it's their teeth.  ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"It is always pleasant to see everyone wearing something green on St. Patrick's Day.

ac_smile

Oh my, I have never seen that Renee..

They must be following their doctor's advice to eat their greens.

ac_toofunny

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"

ac_smile

ac_toofunny

You'll usually smell it before you see it. ac_wot

Anonymous

ac_toofunny

Do you mean alcohol Renee?

Renee

ac_toofunny

No , it's a bad breath joke.

People with green teeth usually have rotten breath.

Renee

Anonymous

No , it's a bad breath joke.

People with green teeth usually have rotten breath.

I haven't been around many people with green teeth Renee..

I assumed you meant green beer..

Toothpaste is still very cheap, so there's no excuse for foul breath.

Rambo Wong

Holy Angelina Jolie ! Canadians celebrating St. Patricks day smacks of colonial mentality ! Why isn't there Dr San Yat Sen day ?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Rambo Wong"Holy Angelina Jolie ! Canadians celebrating St. Patricks day smacks of colonial mentality ! Why isn't there Dr San Yat Sen day ?

Because this is not Taiwan Rambo.