Replies: 8456
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:49:33 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

A

St. Patrick's Day

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2014, 07:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Trades is where it's at.

My husband is a master electrician, so I agree with you Real Woman.

Anonymous

In Alberta, Saskatchewan, Newfoundland and parts of BC, the demand for most journeymen tradespeople far exceeds the supply. Many are able to negotiate perks almost unheard of in other occupations.

What needs to change is the perception of the trades. East Asian parents in particular view the trades as unacceptable occupations for their kids.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"

In Alberta, Saskatchewan, Newfoundland and parts of BC, the demand for most journeymen tradespeople far exceeds the supply. Many are able to negotiate perks almost unheard of in other occupations.

What needs to change is the perception of the trades. East Asian parents in particular view the trades as unacceptable occupations for their kids.

i know...we had a lot of asian trades people years ago but they came from a lower status as far as they were concerned.......you know i heard something on one of the radio talk shows last week that i found hard to believe...the commentator stated that the average wage in the Fort Mcmurray oil sands industry had hit $100 per hr........can you believe that.....and people still frown upon going to trade school..

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

i know...we had a lot of asian trades people years ago but they came from a lower status as far as they were concerned.......you know i heard something on one of the radio talk shows last week that i found hard to believe...the commentator stated that the average wage in the Fort Mcmurray oil sands industry had hit $100 per hr........can you believe that.....and people still frown upon going to trade school..

The study that says that the oilsands pays $100/hr vs. $50/hr in auto manufacturing includes more than just base hourly wages.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/03/18/canada-should-prioritize-exporting-natural-resources-report">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/03/18/c ... ces-report">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/03/18/canada-should-prioritize-exporting-natural-resources-report

Obvious Li

The study that says that the oilsands pays $100/hr vs. $50/hr in auto manufacturing includes more than just base hourly wages.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/03/18/canada-should-prioritize-exporting-natural-resources-report">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/03/18/c ... ces-report">http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/03/18/canada-should-prioritize-exporting-natural-resources-report

thx for the read...it is unbelievable....in a good way

Anonymous

Will anyone do anything special for St. Patrick's Day tomorrow?

Any special food you will eat or perhaps go to a parade or bar?

Will you wear green?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"Will anyone do anything special for St. Patrick's Day tomorrow?

Will you wear green?

Not me, I celebrated on Saturday. Fuck, did I celebrate. :stupid:

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"Will anyone do anything special for St. Patrick's Day tomorrow?

Will you wear green?

oh boy.....any cameras around this time ?????? lordy lordy.... ac_lmfao  ac_toofunny  ac_wub  acc_devil  :howdy:

Anonymous

Will you wear green?

oh boy.....any cameras around this time ?????? lordy lordy.... ac_lmfao  ac_toofunny  ac_wub  acc_devil  :howdy:

I'll never tell. ac_razz  ac_dance

Renee

Will you wear green?

Yeah, I got the impression you were pretty celebrated. ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Will you wear green?

You have some Irish ancestry don't you Renee? The day mean anything to you?

Renee

Yeah, bad food.

That and when I was 17 I got may ass pinched about a dozen times by drunks at the parade in NYC. That left a lasting impression regarding my heritage.  ac_rollseyes
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Yeah, bad food.

That and when I was 17 I got may ass pinched about a dozen times by drunks at the parade in NYC. That left a lasting impression.  ac_rollseyes

We have a pub in Edmonton owned by people from Ireland. To be honest, I don't know the diff between Irish and British food.

Ass pinched eh? Reminds of my days riding the LRT in my first year of uni before my parents bought me my first car.

Renee

Yeah, bad food.

That and when I was 17 I got may ass pinched about a dozen times by drunks at the parade in NYC. That left a lasting impression.  ac_rollseyes

We have a pub in Edmonton owned by people from Ireland. To be honest, I don't know the diff between Irish and British food.

Ass pinched eh? Reminds of my days riding the LRT in my first year of uni before my parents bought me my first car.

There isn't a whole lot of difference nowadays but years ago as bad as British food can be, Irish food was way worse. Lots of bland boiled meats with cabbage, potatoes and parsnips, BLEECH! For many years boiled potatoes were a staple because they were cheap and can feed large families.

But there are some decent dishes like Dublin Coddle, steak and Guinness pie and lamb stew. Good soda bread is one of my faves as well. Some of the desserts aren't bad either. My mom makes an Irish whiskey cake that's very good.

Also I like a good hard Irish cheddar with a few beers.

Renee

Yeah, bad food.

Yeah, ain't it a real treat?

I don't know about you but I bruise real easy. My husband always says I'm like a piece of overripe fruit.  ac_rollseyes