Replies: 8486
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

They/them?

Started by Erica Mena, June 16, 2022, 09:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erica Mena

I know I call Poppy that and we clown but what exactly is it?

My daughter informed me her new therapist goes by "they".

Why does my child need to know that? I'm legit confused.
<t></t>

Breakfall

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRb0TtEBs5R4HhgHzOYVIxWsKYi2j6ygJ5OmA&usqp=CAU">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=459986 time=1655385737 user_id=2845
I know I call Poppy that and we clown but what exactly is it?

My daughter informed me her new therapist goes by "they".

Why does my child need to know that? I'm legit confused.

So, am I.

Erica Mena

I hope someone can come along and explain.lol
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=460019 time=1655390279 user_id=2845
I hope someone can come along and explain.lol

Blurt might have an opinion about this.

cw_

Google says:  What does it mean when someone's pronouns are they them?

It is normal in the English language to use they/them pronouns when we don't know the gender of the person to which we're referring, or if we want our sentence to be applicable to all genders. This isn't new – the saying "Everybody loves their own mother" has been used since around late 1300.

Erica Mena

So the therapist doesn't feel they are male or female? I told my daughter to call them they and if she has questions, ask politely.
<t></t>

cw_

Perhaps.  Or perhaps the therapist thinks they can do a better job for anyone if they are gender neutral?

cw_

The more malicious senario is;  Perhaps this therapist is training your daughter in the way of woke to convert her.

Erica Mena

Quote from: cw_ post_id=460029 time=1655391369 user_id=3226
Perhaps.  Or perhaps the therapist thinks they can do a better job for anyone if they are gender neutral?

Maybe. I just don't understand the point of it. This whole "woke" agenda is so extra.
<t></t>

cw_

Indeed.  Imagine if all this 'change' energy was applied to things more tangible.  But I think the argument there would be - we can't fix any problem until we fix bias problems.

cw_

In any case, I can't imagine an instance where your daughter would be talking about her therapist in the third person.  Wouldn't she just say my therapist said, or Dr. Therapistname said, anyway?

Erica Mena

She just told me this morning. She said " I have a new therapist and she goes by they." I kind of got quiet cuz I didn't want to say the wrong thing.
<t></t>

cw_

Heh  If she were a smart ass, when Therapist person greets her at sessions she could say "Hello They".

Erica Mena

Quote from: cw_ post_id=460046 time=1655394811 user_id=3226
Heh  If she were a smart ass, when Therapist person greets her at sessions she could say "Hello They".

That's her to the tee lol. I can only imagine the convos that will be had in summer school. Today is her last day.
<t></t>