Last post: Today at 05:56:24 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

happy birthday Zetsu, Erica Mena, Bricktop, Blazor, Berry Sweet, and Priscilla

Started by Anonymous, June 30, 2022, 11:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=462594 time=1656900851 user_id=1560
Thanks, Fash.

71 years young, but my knees are but a mere three weeks old. Memo to all members...LOOK AFTER YOUR KNEES. You don't want to go through what I'm having to endure at the moment. A double knee replacement is a nightmare.

But I shall be back in ballet class soon enough.

I've also shed 16kg...because there is a maximum body weight that is applied for dual replacements. I look like a scarecrow now.

On the upside...there is no carbs in whisky.

Jesus H, look what the cat dragged in.  Happy birthday old timer.

What causes a person's knees to give out like that. It cannot be just normal wear and tear?

Thiel

Thanks, Fash.

71 years young, but my knees are but a mere three weeks old. Memo to all members...LOOK AFTER YOUR KNEES. You don't want to go through what I'm having to endure at the moment. A double knee replacement is a nightmare.

I've also shed 16kg...because there is a maximum body weight that is applied for dual replacements. I look like a scarecrow now.

I could imagine it is a nightmare. Is it the pain or the lack of mobility or both?
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Thanks, Fash.

:ohmy:

Get well soon Bricktop.

Anonymous

Thanks, Fash.

I recommend a bottle of Glendronach eighteen year old highland single malt Scotch. It's a treatment for anything.

Bricktop

Quote from: Herman post_id=462596 time=1656901128 user_id=1689

What causes a person's knees to give out like that. It cannot be just normal wear and tear?

It's caused by decades of abuse through sport, distance running and working in a gym with concrete floors.

Ain't nobodies fault but mine...as the song goes.

I guess we just didn't know what we were doing to our bodies back then. Sports footwear was useless and did nothing to absorb impact.

The knee joint wore down to bone on bone and the only option to remedy the situation was to replace them. But modern medical technology is astonishingly effective, if not miraculous. I may not be doing any marathons, but I shall be pain free and be able to do normal things with my legs in around 3 to 6 months.

But that 3 to 6 months is a real bitch!!!

Bricktop

Quote from: Thiel post_id=462599 time=1656901590 user_id=1688

I could imagine it is a nightmare. Is it the pain or the lack of mobility or both?

It's both.

One of the principles of joint replacement surgery is that you have to get up and about within a day. Considering what has been done to the leg bones and the soft tissue above and below the knee, that is a very very difficult thing to do. Even more so when you have both done simultaneously. The standard procedure for people with both knees worn out is to do one at a time, but that has its own problems.

It's around 6 weeks on strong pain killers, and you must religiously undertake your rehab exercise plan to ensure the knee doesn't atrophy and lock up again.

So look after those knees, kids. Replacement is something you would wish to avoid at all costs.

Bricktop

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=462646 time=1656945563 user_id=114

I recommend a bottle of Glendronach eighteen year old highland single malt Scotch. It's a treatment for anything.

See, if you truly cared, you'd send a bottle or three.

ac_sothere

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=462739 time=1656986476 user_id=1560

It's caused by decades of abuse through sport, distance running and working in a gym with concrete floors.

I guess we just didn't know what we were doing to our bodies back then. Sports footwear was useless and did nothing to absorb impact.

The knee joint wore down to bone on bone and the only option to remedy the situation was to replace them. But modern medical technology is astonishingly effective, if not miraculous. I may not be doing any marathons, but I shall be pain free and be able to do normal things with my legs in around 3 to 6 months.

I don't have to worry. I aint into running. A lot of pro athletes have had knee replacement surgery.

Anonymous

QuoteIt's around 6 weeks on strong pain killers, and you must religiously undertake your rehab exercise plan to ensure the knee doesn't atrophy and lock up again.

That would be a bitch for me if I ever had to have that surgery. I would get addicted to them in a real hurry.

Anonymous

You are right about footwear. A lot of running trades employees who spend their careers hopping off moving cars into ballast to pull air valves, pins and throw switch get conductors knees as we call it on the railway. And the most comfortable workboots do not save their knees.

Nad knees was one of the main reasons early on in my career I wanted to get qualified as a locomotive engineer. I did not want what you are going through and so many career conductors have gone through. That and the money is better as an engineer.

Zetsu

I hear ya old Bricktop as it pains us to hear this  :sad: , one of my mom's close friend just had knee surgery too, and she said the pain and stress was so hard on her she didn't wanted to do surgery on the other knee, at least until she finally did, which will take months for rehabilitation.  Hope you can at least get good rest and recover soon.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=462746 time=1656989839 user_id=61

I hear ya old Bricktop as it pains us to hear this  :sad: , one of my mom's close friend just had knee surgery too, and she said the pain and stress was so hard on her she didn't wanted to do surgery on the other knee, at least until she finally did, which will take months for rehabilitation.  Hope you can at least get good rest and recover soon.

Bricktop's knees must have been very bad if they did both knees at the same time.

Zetsu

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=462748 time=1656990170 user_id=3254
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=462746 time=1656989839 user_id=61

Bricktop's knees must have been very bad if they did both knees at the same time.

Yea  :sad: , I must give Bricktop credit for having the balls to both at once.  From what my mom's friend had said, she rather have one functioning leg than doing surgery for the other one, she waited a year and a half later until she finally decided to fix the other knee.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=462740 time=1656986764 user_id=1560
Quote from: Thiel post_id=462599 time=1656901590 user_id=1688

It's both.

One of the principles of joint replacement surgery is that you have to get up and about within a day. Considering what has been done to the leg bones and the soft tissue above and below the knee, that is a very very difficult thing to do. Even more so when you have both done simultaneously. The standard procedure for people with both knees worn out is to do one at a time, but that has its own problems.

It's around 6 weeks on strong pain killers, and you must religiously undertake your rehab exercise plan to ensure the knee doesn't atrophy and lock up again.

So look after those knees, kids. Replacement is something you would wish to avoid at all costs.

I am surprised you can stand without crutches or a walker let alone exercise your knees/legs.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview