Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

A

Biggest Transfer Of Wealth Is Coming

Started by Anonymous, March 16, 2015, 12:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"I'm in a continuous state of shock that people will retire with mortgage debt.  Crazy.

Unbelievable eh reel.

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"I'm in a continuous state of shock that people will retire with mortgage debt.  Crazy.

We are looking forward to the day that we can retire our mortgage..

Less than three years to go now.

ac_smile

reel

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Unbelievable eh reel.

Yes.  I know a few people who were "waiters", received less than anticipated, and blew through it in a few years.  They are now massively in debt.  I guess all their children can expect is a call from the bill collectors.

reel

Quote from: "Fashionista"

ac_smile

In my experience, it's best not to tell people that.  Perhaps it's different in Alberta, but if you tell people in Vancouver you have no mortgage debt they look at you like you just told them you live on the moon and/or murdered your parents for inheritance.

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"

ac_smile

In my experience, it's best not to tell people that.  Perhaps it's different in Alberta, but if you tell people in Vancouver you have no mortgage debt they look at you like you just told them you live on the moon and/or murdered your parents for inheritance.

Thanks for the advice reel..

I did not know that..

I am looking forward to that day, but maybe my husband and I will keep it to ourselves.

ac_umm

reel

ac_smile

I did not know that..

I am looking forward to that day, but maybe my husband and I will keep it to ourselves.

ac_umm

Have a little party.  It's a big achievement and something you should be proud of.  Just don't expect that everyone will see it that way.  A lot of people live lives of quiet financial desperation and will view your accomplishment as a threat or a snub, rather than as a personal achievement.

Anonymous

Quote from: "reel"[

Have a little party.  It's a big achievement and something you should be proud of.  Just don't expect that everyone will see it that way.  A lot of people live lives of quiet financial desperation and will view your accomplishment as a threat or a snub, rather than as a personal achievement.

Yeah, they are the same fucking ones that failed to plan. They need to get over their fucking jealousy. If they want someone to blame for their financial misfortune they should take a fucking selfie.

Anonymous

I did not know that..

ac_umm

I'm so surprised about that reel..

I don't understand how it is a threat or a snub, but if it makes other people unhappy I will not do that.

reel

I don't understand how it is a threat or a snub, but if it makes other people unhappy I will not do that.

Well, it's not actually either one.  That's just the perception they will have.  You were wise and careful with your money and they were not.  When people get themselves into that sort of situation, they want the comfort of imagining that their peers are in the same situation and that through common experience everything will be ok for them.  You take away that illusion by forcing them to recognize their own foolishness.

Or like Shen says, it's just straight up jealousy.

Anonymous

Well, it's not actually either one.  That's just the perception they will have.  You were wise and careful with your money and they were not.  When people get themselves into that sort of situation, they want the comfort of imagining that their peers are in the same situation and that through common experience everything will be ok for them.  You take away that illusion by forcing them to recognize their own foolishness.

Or like Shen says, it's just straight up jealousy.

Oh some of my girlfriends and their husband's are addicted to debt reel..

Some of them have higher incomes than we do and only one child yet they are always living paycheque to paycheque..

They won't even keep track of their spending..

They will never be able to retire.