The best topic

Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 02, 2024, 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Welcome Treasurer

Started by Erica Mena, July 15, 2022, 09:42:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Poppy

Quote from: KM post_id=465632 time=1658270993 user_id=3370
You never heard the expression "cold cocking" somebody and think it's some sort of sexual act?

Wtf planet are you on and is Flametruth there with you?

KM, dude!

The community has slowed down more than TWAPS urine stream.

A lot of these people are more liable to break a hip than to post "content".

It's not like at BH when you had a new post every 2 minutes and plenty of action.  

People are pretty chill now. Even when Vitriol is playing Guild Wars, he is wearing pajamas and combining gems and troll snot to craft things he can sell at the in game tag sale. If he tried to use one of those new PS5 haptic feedback joysticks he would probably snap off one of his fingers.

I heard Bonesaw is still playing the text only game, ZORK.

Been wasting time till next JRPG soul hackers 2 is  due aug 25 and god of war ragnorack in nov. Or we are at the literature club site where you got at least 30 new content contests a day and a member base in the thousands.

Waiting for a new, readable post to show up anywhere  in the community is like waiting in line for the best rollercoaster ride at Six Flags, you are slow walking for hours in a line so long that it reaches the bathrooms. Then you have to watch as the retards all get to jump the line because they are retarded and get special treatment, then they end up losing control of their bowels and shitting in the ride, causing a 20 minute delay to clean their mess up.

I would recommend you take some photos of birds or chipmunks and post those up or maybe share your latest purchase with the community.
I\'m Poppy!

Anonymous

As old Bricktop said flaming had a shelf life and it expired. Or something like that.

Garraty_47

Quote from: Herman post_id=465642 time=1658275348 user_id=1689
As old Bricktop said flaming had a shelf life and it expired. Or something like that.

This is only my opinion but the primary reason flaming lost its ability to engage and entertain a community is that the community itself changed.

The people who came along after flaming became "a thing" had different objectives, scruples, styles, and boundaries than what had been the norms before.

It's like calling both stream panning and mountain-top strip-mining "resource extraction" and pretending there's no difference, even though one is undeniably more destructive and unsustainable.

I suppose the attitudes of the audience changed as well but I don't know for sure which happened first: the shift in what was provided or the shift in what was acceptable. It seemed to me at the time the shift first happened in what sort of material was being presented as "flaming" and the audiences, perhaps out of an overabundance of patience or maybe just nostalgia, either acceded to the new paradigm or wandered off in search of other amusements.

Flaming as it was practiced back when it earned the right to call itself a phenomenon could break out again any time, anyplace.

That's because it wasn't reliant on formulaic techniques or meeting specific benchmarks... it was the organic result of people who sometimes only had their love for tactical syntax in common with each other and *that was enough*.

You can't force something like that into existence.

It just happens.

Or doesn't.

Anonymous

From what I've observed, flamers have rose coloured glasses on when they talk about the past glories of defunct flame boards. I came from a different type of forum, but the sentiment would likely be the same if we held a reunion. It was busy and we had fun. I guess the difference is we know there is no going back.

KM

Well, Poppy, I'm gonna level with you.

If the stupidity level is that high that "cold cocking" a phrase that's used in MMA, is considered a sexual act, I'm pretty much done here.

There's stupid, then there's Blue Cashew stupid.
https://i.postimg.cc/y6gBFGdL/A89-FA05-C-1505-4346-BF4-E-6-B8-F04-BE1824.jpg\">

Poppy

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=465647 time=1658279768 user_id=3381
Quote from: Herman post_id=465642 time=1658275348 user_id=1689

This is only my opinion but the primary reason flaming lost its ability to engage and entertain a community is that the community itself changed.

The people who came along after flaming became "a thing" had different objectives, scruples, styles, and boundaries than what had been the norms before.

It's like calling both stream panning and mountain-top strip-mining "resource extraction" and pretending there's no difference, even though one is undeniably more destructive and unsustainable.

I suppose the attitudes of the audience changed as well but I don't know for sure which happened first: the shift in what was provided or the shift in what was acceptable. It seemed to me at the time the shift first happened in what sort of material was being presented as "flaming" and the audiences, perhaps out of an overabundance of patience or maybe just nostalgia, either acceded to the new paradigm or wandered off in search of other amusements.

Flaming as it was practiced back when it earned the right to call itself a phenomenon could break out again any time, anyplace.

That's because it wasn't reliant on formulaic techniques or meeting specific benchmarks... it was the organic result of people who sometimes only had their love for tactical syntax in common with each other and *that was enough*.

You can't force something like that into existence.

It just happens.

Or doesn't.

You say that the community has fallen apart

never to be put back together

things have changed between us

and things can never be the same

And I said, "What about Breakfast at Tiffany's?"

You said, "I think I remember the film

And as I recall, I think we both kinda liked it"

And I said, "Well, that's the one thing we've got"
I\'m Poppy!

cw_

Oh ffs, cold cocking wasn't the only thing you typed in that post.

cw_

Quote from: Poppy post_id=465653 time=1658282494 user_id=3287

things have changed between us

and things can never be the same

And I said, "What about Breakfast at Tiffany's?"

You said, "I think I remember the film

And as I recall, I think we both kinda liked it"

And I said, "Well, that's the one thing we've got"

^ Charming

Poppy

Quote from: KM post_id=465651 time=1658282043 user_id=3370

If the stupidity level is that high that "cold cocking" a phrase that's used in MMA, is considered a sexual act, I'm pretty much done here.

Did you take a screen shot like Caskur always did when her posts were deleted at TRF?  

I know KOCH's pic of some woman laying in a bathtub expelling a volcano of liquid shit onto her face got through and was up in Erica Mena's forum for over a day before I posted that I had gotten sick after viewing it and threatened a lawsuit, only then was it taken down.

I can't believe cold cocking was thought to be worse than that?
I\'m Poppy!

cw_

He could try to post that shit in rejected and see how it flies there.  
">

Garraty_47

Quote from: Poppy post_id=465653 time=1658282494 user_id=3287

Two lines in and you've already misrepresented what I said?

Tsk. I expected better from you.

"Never to be put back together" is a far cry from "Flaming as it was practiced back when it earned the right to call itself a phenomenon could break out again any time, anyplace."

Just sayin'.

cw_

Poetry isn't logical, it's evocative.

KM

Quote from: cw_ post_id=465654 time=1658282525 user_id=3226
Oh ffs, cold cocking wasn't the only thing you typed in that post.

What did I post, barfly?

Bonesaw punched a kid in the face and Bonesaw jumped in a pool ass first with a dildo up his ass?

Are you this fucking stupid?

Just admit you made a mistake like a drunk dolt who has no grasp of common phrases like some unread, uncouth, miserable old bag who's trying to act holier then tho in a community that consists of around 20 ppl tops.

Just remember nobody went to your board unless I posted there. And the only hot thread you have in that toilet plunger you call a forum you were gifted here is a trophy thread about yours truly.

Context.

Or do you need a link for that one too?

KM

Quote from: Poppy post_id=465656 time=1658282931 user_id=3287
Quote from: KM post_id=465651 time=1658282043 user_id=3370

Did you take a screen shot like Caskur always did when her posts were deleted at TRF?  

I know KOCH's pic of some woman laying in a bathtub expelling a volcano of liquid shit onto her face got through and was up in Erica Mena's forum for over a day before I posted that I had gotten sick after viewing it and threatened a lawsuit, only then was it taken down.

I can't believe cold cocking was thought to be worse than that?

Cdub is probably so drunk she forgot to close one of her eyes so she can see straight.

Cold cocking is now sexual assault sayeth CDub the glutton for punishment and panel abuse

Garraty_47

Quote from: cw_ post_id=465659 time=1658283329 user_id=3226
Poetry isn't logical, it's evocative.

It certainly evoked a feeling of "WTF, that's exactly the opposite" in me.

Well done that boy.