Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:33:05 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Garraty_47

Forty Years of Alcohol and Drug Addiction

Started by Anonymous, July 16, 2022, 12:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: SCOUSE post_id=464746 time=1658024625 user_id=1728
Do you get hammered every day/night? It must cost a bit, booze and drugs are definitely not cheap.

Supposedly drinking every night, but in moderation, is not as bad as binging hard on a weekend.

It's binges that do the most damage.

I was making three hundred grand a year US tax free. Booze is cheap in Asia. Drugs are cheap in the Middle East.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=464744 time=1658024293 user_id=1689
Quote from: SCOUSE post_id=464742 time=1658023753 user_id=1728
Nothing wrong with the occasional sniff. Opiates are a bad idea though, especially if you get the taste for them.

I assume you pop oxy pills or something? Can't imagine you going full junkie and gouching out with a heroin needle hanging from your arm.

I was an alcoholic and a speed freak before I finished high school. I quit drinking for seven years in the Middle East because there are serious consequences for boozing. Strangely enough they don't take drugs as seriously. I was a full blown coke head and taking perkies by the handfull. When I worked in SE Asia I gave up the drugs and drank like a fish. Here in Saskatchewan I do drugs and booze. I haven't been straight since I was fourteen. I am fifty four.

Herm. I've heard about your situation and I sympathize and I mean that. However, nobody needs to know the dark details of your life. These people will use your own words against you.

Anonymous

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=464600 time=1657997733 user_id=3382
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=464591 time=1657997164 user_id=56
I've never tried anything besides pot. I didn't like pot. I hate smoking period.

I tried a pot brownie a few years ago.  I didn't know what the fuck was going on for hours.  I probably won't try that again.

If I'm going to be in a confused stupor, I'd rather let it happen naturally.

I have had acquaintances tell me how great edibles are. No thank you.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=464748 time=1658025018 user_id=56Herm. I've heard about your situation and I sympathize and I mean that. However, nobody needs to know the dark details of your life. These people will use your own words against you.

Most won't.  But not everyone is magnanimous like me.

There was a time way back when I'd have done so just because I thought it was a good angle, but even if I were that much of a dickhead trying to impress strangers, I still think it's lazy flaming.

Garraty_47

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=464749 time=1658025655 user_id=56
I have had acquaintances tell me how great edibles are. No thank you.

I've never tried an edible but if Virginia goes through with fully legalizing marijuana in 2024 I'll probably try them at least once.

I've also never dabbed or vaped weed... those techniques came about while I had been taking a loooong break from such substances.

Hydroponic weed was just getting fully mainstream in this area when I started my abstinence.

Now I do enjoy a toke now and then but nothing like how much I smoked in my late teens and twenties.

The weed today is a whole different animal and I've found that I'm a two-toke-joke at best now.

I'll probably never again build up the same tolerance I had for it back in the day and that's fine.

I wouldn't want to be stoned half the time anyway.

Anonymous

We used to have a poster here who got angry if anybdy said marijuana was used recreationally insted of medicinally.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Two of my step brothers drank themselves to death. My nephew and three friends of mine died from meth and/or oxi use. My mom was a hard core oxi addict for the last years of her life.

I gave up drinking and drugging some years ago. I still smoke weed but it's only for medicinal purposes...  :wink:
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Garraty_47

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=464757 time=1658027821 user_id=3254
We used to have a poster here who got angry if anybdy said marijuana was used recreationally insted of medicinally.

He got mad that someone would use it recreationally or because in his mind any use was by definition medicinal?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=464758 time=1658028094 user_id=3349
Two of my step brothers drank themselves to death. My nephew and three friends of mine died from meth and/or oxi use. My mom was a hard core oxi addict for the last years of her life.

I gave up drinking and drugging some years ago. I still smoke weed but it's only for medicinal purposes...  :wink:

Of course.

:laugh:

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=464760 time=1658028212 user_id=3254

Of course.

:laugh:

I makes me feel better so it must be working!
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Anonymous

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=464759 time=1658028158 user_id=3381
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=464757 time=1658027821 user_id=3254

He got mad that someone would use it recreationally or because in his mind any use was by definition medicinal?

It was a lady..

She got angry if anybody posted that marijuana was used to get high.

Garraty_47

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=464762 time=1658028324 user_id=3254
She got angry if anybody posted that marijuana was used to get high.

Interesting.

I'm not sure exactly why someone would even try to convince themselves marijuana use is always without exception medicinal but I kinda feel sorry for her... that particular point of view is practically begging to get stirred up on a regular basis.

Did she use it herself to combat glaucoma or something?

Maybe she was afraid (or ashamed) of seeing herself as using weed simply for pleasure?

Anonymous

https://pics.me.me/person-with-tattoos-going-about-their-day-old-white-women-57836063.png">

Erica Mena

My cousin made weed brownies. My dumb ass was hungry and ate three even tho he warmed me not to.

I thought people in black coats were shooting at me outside my grandmas house.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=464766 time=1658033252 user_id=2845
My cousin made weed brownies. My dumb ass was hungry and ate three even tho he warmed me not to.

I thought people in black coats were shooting at me outside my grandmas house.

ac_toofunny