Replies: 8486
Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Smoking and cancer

Started by Erica Mena, August 10, 2022, 10:34:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erica Mena

So I went to visit my in laws yesterday.

My FIL is dying of lung cancer. He was a smoker.

This man was the ONLY individual other than my nino that I never disrespected. That's how much I respected him. He's a man that loves knowledge, one of the smartest people I know. It hurt my soul to see him so sick and frail. He is the voice of reason of the family.

He says he regrets smoking sooooo bad cuz now my MIL will be alone.
<t></t>

Dove

My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Erica Mena

I love how he set her up and made sure she's taken care of.
<t></t>

Anonymous

My dad is dying of lung cancer too. He has weeks left. He is over eighty and smoked for over sixty years. Though in the last fifteen he would only bum them from other people.

I smoked for twenty seven years. I am going into my sixth year nicotine free. I wish I had quit a lot earlier. Better yet, never started.

Anonymous

I'm so sorry Erica and Seoul.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=469991 time=1660151456 user_id=3254
I'm so sorry Erica and Seoul.

We knew this was coming. My dad has had a good long life. He has no regrets.

Blazor

I smoked for 5 years. Then my favorite family member on my Dad's side, my Uncle, who looked like a real Santa, got lung cancer and died at the age of 52. He was on a respirator the last month and a half, and he had to write what he wanted to say. Made me quit smoking when he died.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Dove

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=469982 time=1660149913 user_id=114
My dad is dying of lung cancer too. He has weeks left. He is over eighty and smoked for over sixty years. Though in the last fifteen he would only bum them from other people.

I smoked for twenty seven years. I am going into my sixth year nicotine free. I wish I had quit a lot earlier. Better yet, never started.

To me, quitting smoking was harder than quitting heroin. I'm not even kidding.

And quitting heroin is not a joke. That was probably the worst thing I've ever been through. Self inflicted.

But it has been easier for me to abstain from heroin. Smoking is a struggle. I think it's because it's so easy to smoke. You can just go in a gas station and buy them. Smokers are everywhere. It's mostly socially accepted. Being tempted to just take a few hits.

Where as heroin you have to look for it, find it, meet up with a drug dealer.  Buy the needles and go through a whole process. You just hit it....you have to prepare it and everything. It's a whole ritual.

I think if heroin were just as normal and easy to get as cigarettes.....it would be vastly harder to stay clean.  I would take cigarette withdrawls over the heroin ones any day.

Better not have to deal with any of it. My attitude towards alcohol was also altered. I'll still have a drink on occasion but I limit it to a few drinks at most the rare times I do drink.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

My mother died at 80 from lung cancer and she hadn't smoked a cigarette since she was in her 30's. Seems kind of strange that she would develop it after such a long time.

My father on the other hand died from lung cancer at 79 but he smoked a pack a day of Kool menthols since he was 16 years old and on top of that he smoked about a half ounce of pot every week for most of his adult life. We weren't surprised when he was diagnosed, in fact we thought he lived a remarkably long time considering all the puffing he did.

I smoked cigarettes for about a year and a half but quit when they hit a dollar a pack. I refused to pay a dollar and quit instead. Sometimes being a tightwad is a good thing.

Good luck all.
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Garraty_47

When I was around 18 and kicking the chewing tobacco habit a friend got tired of hearing me whinge about it and handed me a Marlboro menthol.

Not long after I stopped smoking menthols 'cuz they gunked up my throat but I kept the habit.

Never smoked more than a pack a day and it's something less than that now... I don't keep count.

No cough or any other obvious signs that it's getting to me yet.

I might or might not quit eventually, probably more "might" than "might not".

Still it's not something I spend a lot of time worrying about.

If it kills me it kills me. Something better do it eventually or I'm gonna be piiiisssed.

/shrug

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=469964 time=1660142075 user_id=2845
So I went to visit my in laws yesterday.

My FIL is dying of lung cancer. He was a smoker.

This man was the ONLY individual other than my nino that I never disrespected. That's how much I respected him. He's a man that loves knowledge, one of the smartest people I know. It hurt my soul to see him so sick and frail. He is the voice of reason of the family.

He says he regrets smoking sooooo bad cuz now my MIL will be alone.

Jesus H, sorry about your FIL kid. I quit smoking when I was thirty three. My current health problems aint related to my smoking twenty one years ago.

Anonymous

Quote from: Blazor post_id=470015 time=1660156092 user_id=2221
I smoked for 5 years. Then my favorite family member on my Dad's side, my Uncle, who looked like a real Santa, got lung cancer and died at the age of 52. He was on a respirator the last month and a half, and he had to write what he wanted to say. Made me quit smoking when he died.

He was only fifty two.

:ohmy:

caskur

I am sorry to hear your favourite relative is dying flea. It's horrible all round.

If anyone here is still smoking, please give it up. you'll richer and happier if you do.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=470052 time=1660165813 user_id=3381
When I was around 18 and kicking the chewing tobacco habit a friend got tired of hearing me whinge about it and handed me a Marlboro menthol.

Not long after I stopped smoking menthols 'cuz they gunked up my throat but I kept the habit.

Never smoked more than a pack a day and it's something less than that now... I don't keep count.

If it kills me it kills me. Something better do it eventually or I'm gonna be piiiisssed.

/shrug

That isn't the problem though... It doesn't kill you quick, it kills you slow.  Slow is a HUGE painful problem.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=470052 time=1660165813 user_id=3381

/shrug

Chewing tobacco can qucikly cause oral cancer .