Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Welcome kiebers

Started by Anonymous, March 31, 2014, 10:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiebers

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "kiebers"Hey Shin, doing fair to middlin. Doing a lot of riser work. Got an exclusive with JFE. Just starting but it is going to do good. Quoting some pipeline. Little over 400 miles of pipe. Projects in the middle east. About 3 pipe dream jobs and it looks like at least one is going to happen. But you know how that pipe dream stuff is. Almost never happens. But we are busting our asses off trying to get it. Really sweet deal if it happens. Never touch the material and make a huge commission.

Hello kiebers, I don't understand what you mean, but it sounds like you have a very important job.

Just a sales job Fash. Selling steel to the oilfield industry. Not that it wouldn't be nice to get one of those orders. Other wise I just sell to job shops and oil tool manufacturers. Not that its not in the blood. My mother went to work in the steel business the year I was born. Guess you could say I have been in the business in one form or fashion for 60 years. Otherwise been in the actual business for 35 years. At this point its an end to the means. Hopefully retiring in 5-7 years. We shall see.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "kiebers"Hey Shin, doing fair to middlin. Doing a lot of riser work. Got an exclusive with JFE. Just starting but it is going to do good. Quoting some pipeline. Little over 400 miles of pipe. Projects in the middle east. About 3 pipe dream jobs and it looks like at least one is going to happen. But you know how that pipe dream stuff is. Almost never happens. But we are busting our asses off trying to get it. Really sweet deal if it happens. Never touch the material and make a huge commission.

Hello kiebers, I don't understand what you mean, but it sounds like you have a very important job.

Just a sales job Fash. Selling steel to the oilfield industry. Not that it wouldn't be nice to get one of those orders. Other wise I just sell to job shops and oil tool manufacturers. Not that its not in the blood. My mother went to work in the steel business the year I was born. Guess you could say I have been in the business in one form or fashion for 60 years. Otherwise been in the actual business for 35 years. At this point its an end to the means. Hopefully retiring in 5-7 years. We shall see.

I am sure it is more than just sales kiebers..

You must know a lot about the industry and it seems like your knowledge is inherited..

My husband is an electrician for a specialty oilfield service company..

His job has taken him all over the world.

Romero

Hey, kiebers! Nice to see you here!

kiebers

Thanks Romero. Appreciate it.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Thanks Romero. Appreciate it.

We appreciate having you here kiebers.

:)