Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

has anybody seen

Started by weebles, November 17, 2022, 12:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weebles

All Quiet on the Western Front on Netflix it is dang good flick based off the book IMO

">

DKG

Quote from: weebles post_id=482228 time=1668664155 user_id=2191
All Quiet on the Western Front on Netflix it is dang good flick based off the book IMO

">

I don't watch a lot of shows, but I watched that.

JOE

I met a man who fought on the Western front in the First World War.

he was a pilot in the British Air Force

Of course, he's dead now. He was one of the few people I ever met who was born in the 19th century. He was the only one I knew who actually saw combat in the First World War.

It was interesting to hear his story.

Berry Sweet

I use to read massive books on WW2 in my 20s.  Lots of what people went thru....the suffering...some people risked their lives and did some incredible things.

Anonymous

I do incredible things Berry.

And yes even tho I am older than DWG, I still have a full head of hair & I look young.

Even by those who dislike me, I have been called that "Handsome Brute"

I seem to attract a great deal of violence yet have managed to escape threats to my well-being and life. I've won every major battle I've faced in life whether it was in the court, on the street or in the Wild/Wilderness. No one has yet taken me down yet or killed me not even Nature. I even survived cancer of the knee as a child after which when I was grown up I outran a bear in the wilderness on that leg. I am a testament to the dictum "Survival of the Fittest" Although many of you caught it, COVID hasn't reached me yet.

While I don't like to admit it publicly, I believe only the strong survive.

And that if you cannot save yourself, you will not be able to save others either.

Hence that belief enabled me to save a woman from serious injury and sexual assault.

I believe a key to my survival has been that I am more of a savage and certainly not a Saint.

Yet that savagery enabled me to survive.

Like Billy Joel has uttered many times, "Only the Good Die Young" Erica.

">

I will probably outlive many of you in this forum.

Erica Mena

Quote from: weebles post_id=482228 time=1668664155 user_id=2191

">

Thank you, Weebles. I've been needing something to watch other than The First 48  :laugh:
<t></t>

Print
User actions