The best topic

Replies: 10548
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:15:04 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Politics/Religion Consolidated Megathread Extravaganza

Started by Blazor, November 15, 2022, 12:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 7 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Dove

I ordered the whole Tuttle Twins set a while ago and decided to store it as a Christmas gift (my kids love getting books) so we started reading them last night

https://i.ibb.co/sVSs1rP/20221224-223502.jpg">

This one was about the law and why taxation is theft. It's good stuff.

And she is into it. I was a bit worried that lessons about the US government, laws, the economy and all that would be difficult to get her engaged with, as a I found these topics intensely boring... but nope. She is super about it lol  

Everyone with children should get these books. They are excellent.  There are 13 of them, and you get a work book and a monthly "news" book.  All the books are cited with the sources the info comes from.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Blazor

https://media.gab.com/cdn-cgi/image/width=700,quality=100,fit=scale-down/system/media_attachments/files/123/540/629/original/75e37f86a35b6ee5.png">
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Herman

Quote from: Blazor post_id=489125 time=1672118200 user_id=2221
https://media.gab.com/cdn-cgi/image/width=700,quality=100,fit=scale-down/system/media_attachments/files/123/540/629/original/75e37f86a35b6ee5.png">

My hand is up.

Herman

Biden puts feelings of small group of progressives ahead of American needs with border chaos

https://nypost.com/2022/12/23/biden-puts-feelings-of-small-group-of-progressives-ahead-of-american-needs/">https://nypost.com/2022/12/23/biden-put ... can-needs/">https://nypost.com/2022/12/23/biden-puts-feelings-of-small-group-of-progressives-ahead-of-american-needs/

President Biden was "furious" about the situation at the southern border, and was "dropping f-bombs" at the lack of solutions, a new book claims.

Oh spare us.

We imagine whoever leaked this anonymous tidbit to author Chris Whipple for "The Fight of His Life: Inside Joe Biden's White House" thought he or she was humanizing the president, or demonstrating that he cares.

Instead it proves two things: Biden keeps lying to the American people. And he is too afraid of his own political party to do what is necessary.

On the first point, the administration keeps claiming the border is under control, and that, as White House spokeswoman Karine Jean-Pierre said earlier this month, "the president has done the work to deal with what we're seeing at the border since day one."

But Biden's private tantrum shows that isn't true. He understands what a problem it is, both for the country and as a political liability. Besides putting Vice President Harris in charge of the "root causes," a portfolio she's ignored, he hasn't done anything to fix it. Every time Biden waves it away as "not a big deal," he's lying.

As for being mad over the "lack of solutions," give us a break. There are plenty of solutions. The most obvious one is telling asylum seekers at the border that they are not allowed to come in. The law says they must apply for asylum in the first safe country they enter. Biden could make diplomatic deals with Mexico to stop the caravans. If the images on the news were people being turned away, how long before they stopped coming?

But these were all things that the Trump administration did, and Biden knows that left-wing activists control the Democratic Party and hate any sensible immigration plan. On his first day in office, in fact, Biden halted construction on the border wall, stopped deporting illegal immigrants and erased every deterrent we had.

He was then shocked, apparently, that migrants would rush the open border. According to the book, an adviser said, "It's like, 'How would you feel if you were me and these were the solutions you had?' It's the weight of the presidency, right?'"

It is the weight of the presidency, but Biden has made his choice. He knows what the solution to the southern border is, he just doesn't want to implement it. He put the feelings of a group of progressive lawmakers over the needs of the American people.

Blazor

https://media.gab.com/cdn-cgi/image/width=700,quality=100,fit=scale-down/system/media_attachments/files/123/612/964/original/e83debf60501f99d.jpeg">

Blazor

Hahahaha, this girl!!!! Her end line reminded me of my sig lol.

">https://media.gab.com/system/media_attachments/files/123/618/624/playable/f96d7408047340e3.mp4

Link in case video dont post...

">https://media.gab.com/system/media_atta ... 7340e3.mp4">

Herman

The Supreme Court sided with a group of Republican states asking that the Title 42 immigration policy remain in place until the court can hear the full arguments from the litigants.

The ruling was issued Tuesday afternoon after a vote of five to four, with Justice Neil Gorsuch siding with the liberal wing.

The lawsuit was filed by Republican attorneys general from 19 states, led by Texas, that were protesting the end of the Trump era policy on the basis that it would result in a massive wave of illegal crossings at the border.

Title 42 has been called the "Remain in Mexico" policy as it allows the U.S. government to deport migrants who are applying for asylum to Mexico rather than allow them to remain the U.S. while their applications are processed. Critics say that migrants whose applications are rejected often ignore orders from law enforcement and stay in the U.S. illegally.

Herman

DeSantis petitioned the state's supreme court earlier this month for an order to impanel a statewide grand jury to probe any wrongdoing related to COVID-19 vaccines. The court gave him the green light on Thursday.

This has a number of health officials and so-called experts worried about the impact that this truth-finding mission may have on vaccine hesitancy and the public's faith in the medical establishment. I really like that guy.

Oerdin

Herman

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=489185 time=1672201738 user_id=3374
We need more people like DeSantis.

Damn straight.

DKG

London's Birkbeck university banned fossil fuel industry recruiters from their Careers Service. The terms 'sustainability' and 'climate crisis' are politically ideological partisan terms, not scientific terms.

It's clear that the university has crossed the Rubicon and gone into the territory of being a brazen, overt, politically-biased, climate alarmist activist organisation, which will happily sabotage the career prospects of its own students.

Herman

They are always lying about how bad a changing climate it is supposed to get some day after we all freeze to death in the dark.

Liberal media pushed climate alarmist claims that 'clashed with reality and science,' fact-check report finds

https://www.theblaze.com/news/liberal-media-pushed-climate-alarmist-claims-that-clashed-with-reality-and-science-fact-check-report-finds?utm_source=theblaze-7DayTrendingTest&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Afternoon%20Auto%20Trending%207%20Day%20Engaged%202022-12-28&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%207%20Day%20Engagement">https://www.theblaze.com/news/liberal-m ... Engagement">https://www.theblaze.com/news/liberal-media-pushed-climate-alarmist-claims-that-clashed-with-reality-and-science-fact-check-report-finds?utm_source=theblaze-7DayTrendingTest&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Afternoon%20Auto%20Trending%207%20Day%20Engaged%202022-12-28&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%207%20Day%20Engagement

According to a year-end fact-check report, "climate alarmists" and corporate media outlets made a "slew of claims" about man-made climate change that "clashed with reality and science," Fox News Digital reported.

The Competitive Enterprise Institute, the Heartland Institute, the Energy & Environmental Legal Institute, the Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow, and the International Climate Science Coalition recently presented the "Climate Fact Check 2022" report, which argued that members of the media pushed false stories that human-related climate change was directly responsible for natural disasters.

"Climate alarmists and their media allies once again made a slew of claims about natural disasters being caused by manmade emissions in 2022," the report stated. "And once again, these claims clashed with reality and science."

The report debunked climate-related claims published by the Associated Press, the Washington Post, the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and others.

The Associated Press "accepts donations specifically to fund its climate coverage," the report stated.

In February, the AP published an article explaining that it would dedicate more than 24 journalists to covering "climate issues" after accepting $8 million in donations from the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Quadrivium, the Rockefeller Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation.

The fact-check report claimed that a recent AP article by reporter Seth Borenstein, "New abnormal: Climate disaster damage 'down' to $268 billion," demonstrated the outlet's bias.

The article blamed climate change for several natural disasters, including flooding in Pakistan, droughts in Europe, China, and Africa, and heat waves worldwide. Borenstein claimed that many weather disasters in 2022 were "turbocharged by human-caused climate change."

"But are damages from those disasters really attributable to 'climate change' or are climate activists and their media mouthpieces just trying to surf human tragedy to advance their very political cause?" the fact-check report questioned.

AP News Vice President Brian Carovillano stated that the news outlet accepts funding to cover certain areas but does so "without strings attached." He noted that donors do not influence articles.

The year-end climate report provided nine other examples of media outlets making false climate-related claims in 2022.

The report stated that flooding in Pakistan, which was also attributed to climate change by the Washington Post, was a result of a monsoon season that was within the "range of natural variability and the wettest since 1961." However, it also noted that deforestation may have worsened the monsoon flooding.

According to the report, Hurricane Ian also fell within natural variability, despite news outlets claiming it resulted from man-made climate change.

The fact-check report also presented arguments debunking claims that other natural disasters, including droughts in Europe, China, and Africa, the heat wave in the United Kingdom, flooding of the Yellowstone River, and Lake Mead water levels, resulted from human-caused climate change.

"There is not a single natural disaster, nor trend in any type of natural disaster that can be credibly linked with emissions or whatever gradual 'climate change' may be occurring for whatever reason, including natural climate change," the report stated. "Attributing natural disaster damages to emissions and climate change is without a factual or scientific basis."

DKG

Scientific studies have since revealed the adverse impact that masks have on toddlers, particularly on their communication skills; the relative unlikelihood of children becoming severely ill from the virus; and the potential inefficacy of masks as a means to directly stop transmission. Neither the World Health Organization nor the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control recommend that kids mask up.

A majority of Democrats (56%) reckon masking kids under the age of 5 is a good idea. Only 24% of Republicans and 31% of independents thought it was a worthwhile endeavor.

On the flip side, 58% of Republicans and 38% of independents think masking toddlers is a bad idea, whereas only 24% of Democrats think that to be the case.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

[size=150]I'll just leave this here...[/size]

">
Life is too short to be in a hurry