Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

The reason I stopped using Social Media

Started by Anonymous, November 19, 2022, 01:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dove

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=482815 time=1668894951 user_id=3382
Quote from: Dove post_id=482812 time=1668894149 user_id=3266
You're on socail media right now, Joe.

I like to think of this community as antisocial media.

Fair point.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Breakfall

Quote from: "Joe Ho Ho" post_id=482785 time=1668884386
....was boredom.

It had nothing to do with fears of privacy or run ins with their site owners.

Just that I found their sites lacked interactivity, too static, their content too canned.

Im not sure what it would take to make these websites or mediums more interesting. Maybe an entirely new technology which could bump it up to another level?

Aside from poor organization, layout and usability there's something terribly lacking about them.

Little wonder that ordinary people start forums like these because they want to produce their own content. Plus you seem to get quicker user responses than a platform like Facebook which is very static.

The only value I can see in today's social media is for business & to advertise your service or product. Now that - is what its good at and where it seems to excel and what it was meant for.

Any thoughts?

Boredom and the inability to say faggot, cunt or muzzie goat fucker without copping a ban.

ac_dunno

Shen Li

Quote from: Dove post_id=482833 time=1668904850 user_id=3266
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=482826 time=1668897310 user_id=3389
I hate English language social media media. Too many baizuo. I don't have to walk on eggshells on Chinese WeChat.

Insult me in Chinese, Shen.

Please  ac_wub

[size=200]BAIZUO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

Just kidding. Unlike most whites, you are not a libtard sheeple.

Whites are evil leftists. I hate them more than Scouser hates Jews.

Dove

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=482936 time=1668965614 user_id=3389
Quote from: Dove post_id=482833 time=1668904850 user_id=3266

Insult me in Chinese, Shen.

Please  ac_wub

I would genuinely die before submitting to marxist ideology.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Shen Li

Quote from: Dove post_id=482987 time=1668970526 user_id=3266
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=482936 time=1668965614 user_id=3389

I would genuinely die before submitting to marxist ideology.

UR a credit to ur race.

Blazor

I never joined any social media, because I saw that shit show from a mile away. Jus' like the vax lol.

Free speech forums for me, or nothing at all!!!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Herman

Liberal news outlets and leftist organizations joined poet Amanda Gorman in falsely claiming that a Florida school had banned her book.

The school and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis were roundly denounced. The Biden White House rolled out a declaration of solidarity with the poet. Gorman's book sales skyrocketed.

At no point has anyone come forward with any evidence that a single student attempted to access the book and was denied.

The school had in fact deemed the book valuable and historically significant. It has made clear that, while the book was moved from one shelf to another shelf in the library, it remains available to access for all students, regardless of grade level.

Furthermore, contrary to insinuations by the liberal media, Gov. Ron DeSantis had nothing to do with the relocation of the book, the complaint, or the school's decision — a fact that Snopes has acknowledged.

While the Bob Graham Education Center in Miami Lakes and representatives from Miami-Dade County Public Schools confirmed the initial reports were malicious fabrications earlier this week, many publications, including the Daily Beast, the Associated Press, Variety, the Guardian, Rolling Stone, and People magazine, have yet to issue corrections or account for their misleading claims.

Lokmar

Quote from: "Joe Ho Ho" post_id=482785 time=1668884386
....was boredom.

It had nothing to do with fears of privacy or run ins with their site owners.

Just that I found their sites lacked interactivity, too static, their content too canned.

Im not sure what it would take to make these websites or mediums more interesting. Maybe an entirely new technology which could bump it up to another level?

Aside from poor organization, layout and usability there's something terribly lacking about them.

Little wonder that ordinary people start forums like these because they want to produce their own content. Plus you seem to get quicker user responses than a platform like Facebook which is very static.

The only value I can see in today's social media is for business & to advertise your service or product. Now that - is what its good at and where it seems to excel and what it was meant for.

Any thoughts?

I enjoy the friendship and exchange of opinions. I dont think I'll ever get tired of them.

caskur

I have over 900 on 1 of my facebook groups a few hundred on the others and getting people to talk amongst themselves is like extracting teeth and I am sick of entertaining them...

so they can disappear for all I care anymore...  they are passengers. I want them to contribute.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: Blazor post_id=483276 time=1669055112 user_id=2221
I never joined any social media, because I saw that shit show from a mile away. Jus' like the vax lol.

I was a late adopter, I had a Fecesbook account from around 2015, ended up admin of a number of political channels and moderator of a few more. Ironically it was that involvement that turned me away from liberalism and towards libertarianism. Rand Paul occupies the overlap between our political beliefs.

I never registered at the Twatters and I barely look at my Gab or Minds. I was active on Parler prior to AWS kicking them off their servers, these days I don't look at that either. I do have a presence on Locals (two accounts) which I'll show the occasional interest in. And I did Discord three years ago, but quickly determined it to be an AIDS riddled shithole and honeypot with leftie fingers on the scales.

And Fecesbook? The last time I tried logging in (3 years ago), they wanted government ID from me to access my account. Huge red flag, I won't even give them the option of licking the sweat off my balls.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: caskur post_id=501930 time=1685154770 user_id=2156
I have over 900 on 1 of my facebook groups a few hundred on the others and getting people to talk amongst themselves is like extracting teeth and I am sick of entertaining them...

so they can disappear for all I care anymore...  they are passengers. I want them to contribute.

How many are bots do you think?
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Herman

Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=501940 time=1685165907 user_id=3409
Quote from: Blazor post_id=483276 time=1669055112 user_id=2221

I was a late adopter, I had a Fecesbook account from around 2015, ended up admin of a number of political channels and moderator of a few more. Ironically it was that involvement that turned me away from liberalism and towards libertarianism. Rand Paul occupies the overlap between our political beliefs.

I never registered at the Twatters and I barely look at my Gab or Minds. I was active on Parler prior to AWS kicking them off their servers, these days I don't look at that either. I do have a presence on Locals (two accounts) which I'll show the occasional interest in. And I did Discord three years ago, but quickly determined it to be an AIDS riddled shithole and honeypot with leftie fingers on the scales.

And Fecesbook? The last time I tried logging in (3 years ago), they wanted government ID from me to access my account. Huge red flag, I won't even give them the option of licking the sweat off my balls.

I quit Facebook in 2022 after a ban. I don't have Twitter, but I am thinking about registering.

caskur

Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=501941 time=1685166025 user_id=3409
Quote from: caskur post_id=501930 time=1685154770 user_id=2156

How many are bots do you think?

None.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: Herman post_id=502011 time=1685234961 user_id=3396
Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=501940 time=1685165907 user_id=3409

I quit Facebook in 2022 after a ban. I don't have Twitter, but I am thinking about registering.

You have to pay for twitter I think...
- Andy Warhol

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: caskur post_id=502050 time=1685260185 user_id=2156
Quote from: Herman post_id=502011 time=1685234961 user_id=3396

You have to pay for twitter I think...

Only for the blue checkmark last I heard. Kinda like throwing money at Bitchtits Faptardery really, only you get the fruity lil birdshit on your account instead of someone else's.

- Biggie Smiles