News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 8379
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 01:20:46 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

So I followed this lady today for a bit...

Started by Melson Gibson, June 14, 2023, 12:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melson Gibson

...and although it's a very shitty pic, it just made me think.  That sidecar on her motorcycle is holding her wheelchair.  Her legs don't work at all, because she was using all hand controls to operate that bike (I know, since I'm a licensed rider as well).

A storm blew in, and the weather turned shitty fast.  She didn't appear to mind at all.  Almost seemed like she was just thankful that she could still enjoy her hobby as a paraplegic.

I don't even know what my point is...  Maybe 'living' is more a state of mind than anything else.  You have a cripple here out enjoying her motorcycle ride, and then you have others that are physically able not doing fuck all, moping, and complaining.

https://i.ibb.co/HxXrWRC/Capture1.png">

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

caskur

I am in middle of dealing with organizing someone's death.... yay me.

The last thing I would do is run around legless in  the rain puting lives at risk.

1 ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure and all that....
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

DKG

Quote from: Frood post_id=503315 time=1686726159 user_id=1676Cool chick...

Indeed.

Thiel

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=503313 time=1686717150 user_id=3397
...and although it's a very shitty pic, it just made me think.  That sidecar on her motorcycle is holding her wheelchair.  Her legs don't work at all, because she was using all hand controls to operate that bike (I know, since I'm a licensed rider as well).

A storm blew in, and the weather turned shitty fast.  She didn't appear to mind at all.  Almost seemed like she was just thankful that she could still enjoy her hobby as a paraplegic.

I don't even know what my point is...  Maybe 'living' is more a state of mind than anything else.  You have a cripple here out enjoying her motorcycle ride, and then you have others that are physically able not doing fuck all, moping, and complaining.

The photo is blurry, but you can still see the sidecar and mobility chair.
gay, conservative and proud

caskur

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Shen Li

You got some rain. We need it here.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=503354 time=1686778101 user_id=3389
You got some rain. We need it here.

Ya, the Koots is a region I like, because we get just enough rain to keep things nice and green here.  It's what I'm used to growing up in the GVRD.  Even the Okanagan gets brown in the summer, but here we don't get six months of rain like Van does.  Winters are usually fairly mild, by Canadian standards.

Fun fact:  The Koots has more varieties of native trees than any other region in Canada.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: caskur post_id=503353 time=1686777153 user_id=2156
Nah... it isn't cool...

It's foolhardy.

Foolhardy is the bad perm in your Av...

Cool is doing what you desire, even if you're a fucking cripple.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Thiel post_id=503346 time=1686760945 user_id=1688
The photo is blurry, but you can still see the sidecar and mobility chair.

Ya.  So I watched her, and her left hand (non throttle hand) has two controls to operate (normally left hand just operates clutch).  In the pic, you can see her left hand on the lower control.  At speed, she rides the regular bars with left hand.

I will assume front/back braking is integrated (bikes typically have independent front and rear brakes), so what she's doing is shifting through the gears, since that's typically done with your left foot.

caskur

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=503424 time=1686819260 user_id=3397
Quote from: caskur post_id=503353 time=1686777153 user_id=2156
Nah... it isn't cool...

It's foolhardy.

Foolhardy is the bad perm in your Av...

Cool is doing what you desire, even if you're a fucking cripple.

I like that perm tyvm.

You know very well driving on bikes is dangerous under the best of circumstances.... if she was involved in an accident... the other party has to live with it for the rest of their lives. Fuck the old selfish cripple.
- Andy Warhol

Adolf Oliver Bush

Inspirational, make no mistake. I'd often heard that the disabled by and large simply wanted to be treated the same as any "regular folk", but I see stories like these and I have to cheer the resolve of someone that's overcome obstacles and hurdles most others will never know.

Good on her. She has more than earned to right to ride our roads.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles