Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Bar Rescue

Started by Anonymous, May 04, 2014, 08:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I gotta admit I kinda like the show. Jon Taffer comes across as a bit of a douche, but he knows the business inside and out. Some of these bar owners I tell ya, I just shake my head and wonder what bank lent these incompetent morons money?

I was just watching the episode where Taffer walked out on a bar owner that was physically abusing his staff.

A new episode is coming on right now.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"I gotta admit I kinda like the show. Jon Taffer comes across as a bit of a douche, but he knows the business inside and out. Some of these bar owners I tell ya, I just shake my head and wonder what bank lent these incompetent morons money?

I was just watching the episode where Taffer walked out on a bar owner that was physically abusing his staff.

I have never seen it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Shen Li"I gotta admit I kinda like the show. Jon Taffer comes across as a bit of a douche, but he knows the business inside and out. Some of these bar owners I tell ya, I just shake my head and wonder what bank lent these incompetent morons money?

I have never seen it.

It's addicting!!

Renee

I actually prefer "Restaurant Impossible" with Robert Irvine. Irvine is hilarious when he is ripping apart these burnt out restaurant owners and their staff. Not only does he tell them point blank that they and their restaurant absolutely suck, he looks like a big rat while he is doing it.

In our house we refer to him a Rodent Irvine.  :lol:

That show along with "Chopped" are addicting as well.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"I actually prefer "Restaurant Impossible" with Robert Irvine. Irvine is hilarious when he is ripping apart these burnt out restaurant owners and their staff. Not only does he tell them point blank that they and their restaurant absolutely suck, he looks like a big rat while he is doing it.

In our house we refer to him a Rodent Ervine.  :lol:

How is that different from what Jon Taffer does?

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"I actually prefer "Restaurant Impossible" with Robert Irvine. Irvine is hilarious when he is ripping apart these burnt out restaurant owners and their staff. Not only does he tell them point blank that they and their restaurant absolutely suck, he looks like a big rat while he is doing it.

It's probably not all that different it's just that I think "Restaurant Impossible" predates the "Bar Rescue" thing so I look at BR like a copycat show.

Plus Irvine has a nice bod so looking at all those man muscles in those tight shirts he wears never really gets old.  :D
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

It's probably not all that different it's just that I think "Restaurant Impossible" predates the "Bar Rescue" thing so I look at BR like a copycat show.

Plus Irvine has a nice bod so looking at all those man muscles in those tight shirts he wears never really gets old.  :D

I didn't know it was rip-off. If the host has a hawt bawd, I should definitely check it out. ;)

Renee

I didn't know it was rip-off. If the host has a hawt bawd, I should definitely check it out. ;)

He has a hawt bod but his face is another story. As I said, he looks like a big rat.

http://img.poptower.com/pic-35427/robert-irvine.jpg?d=600">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"He has a hawt bod but his face is another story. As I said, he looks like a big rat.

He definitely has a better bawd than Taffer. Just have to imagine Robert Pattinson's face on his body.

http://img.allw.mn/content/www/2011/05/robert-fin.jpg">

Anonymous

He has a hawt bod but his face is another story. As I said, he looks like a big rat.

He doesn't look like he has been pigging out in restaurants. Unless of course they serve protein shakes.

Anonymous

I have watched Restaurant Impossible on occasion..

Robert Irvine is married to Korean Canadian Gail Kim.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I have watched Restaurant Impossible on occasion..

Robert Irvine is married to Korean Canadian Gail Kim.

I had no Idea who he was married to or if he even was married, thanks for the info Fash.

Aside from his marital status I just like to watch him swing his sledge hammer while he is wearing those tight shirts and jeans.  :D  

Food and guys with hawt bodies;  my kinda TV show.

Also you can pick up a lot of recipe tips. He usually explains to the chef and owner how to change the menu of the restaurant they are saving. It's surprising how simple and quick some of his recipes are considering how elegant and appealing they turn out.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Aside from his marital status I just like to watch him swing his sledge hammer while he is wearing those tight shirts and jeans.  :D  

Swing a sledge hammer?? Is he in the restaurant or railway biz?

Renee

Quote from: "Renee"Aside from his marital status I just like to watch him swing his sledge hammer while he is wearing those tight shirts and jeans.  :D  

They renovate an entire restaurant in 3 days. They are given a limited budget and they bring in designers and construction workers and totally make the place over. They do anything from just decor to ripping out entire kitchens. It depends on the condition and cleanliness of the place and how much they can salvage. Sometimes during demolition things aren't going fast enough for Irvine so pitches a bitch and he picks up a 12 or 15 pound sledge and wrecks the place. It's freaking hilarious.  :lol:

Anonymous

They renovate an entire restaurant in 3 days. They are given a limited budget and they bring in designers and construction workers and totally make the place over. They do anything from just decor to ripping out entire kitchens. It depends on the condition and cleanliness of the place and how much they can salvage. Sometimes during demolition things aren't going fast enough for Irvine so pitches a bitch and he picks up a 12 or 15 pound sledge and wrecks the place. It's freaking hilarious.  :lol:

OK, unlike Taffer he gets involved with reno crews. I thought maybe the physique was not enough and he was using a sledge to intimidate non-compliant restauranteurs. ;)