Replies: 7846
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 15, 2024, 12:42:17 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Brent

Walmart and productivity

Started by DKG, December 15, 2022, 09:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKG

Is there anything that puts us more in the spirit of the season than shopping at Walmart.

Normally, I would commend any company for improving productivity. But, it's having unfortunate consequences for the world's largest brick and mortar retailer.

Walmart rolled out self-checkout to streamline operations and reduce labor needs — but employees and customers say it's causing a surge in theft

Walmart CEO Doug McMillon said stores could close if the rising tide of theft wasn't stemmed.

Customers and employees blame self-checkout, which Walmart has increasingly relied on, for theft.

A loss-prevention expert said automation "means there's going to be less eyes on a transaction."

Walmart's CEO has said the retailer may need to close down stores because of theft — and many of the company's customers and employees blame one growing feature of the chain for enabling shoplifting: self-checkout.

Walmart's CEO and president, Doug McMillon, told CNBC earlier this month that theft "is higher than what it has historically been" and there would be consequences "if that is not corrected over time." Since McMillon made those comments, more than 100 Walmart customers and former and current employees have reached out to an Insider reporter to say the retailer must rely less on self-checkout.

"They need to hire cashiers again and do away with so many self-checkout," Mindy Stanley, a Walmart customer from Ashland, Kentucky, said. "I'd say they are losing so much due to that."

To be sure, Walmart still uses cashiers at stores across the US. But the Bentonville, Arkansas-based retail giant, like so many other retailers, has increasingly relied on automation as a means of improving customer experience and reducing labor costs.

Walmart declined to answer questions on its ratio of self-checkout kiosks to traditional checkout lanes staffed by cashiers, which surveillance tools it used to prevent theft, whether self-checkout had posed additional risks of theft, and how much Walmart had lost via theft this year. Reuters reported in 2015 that the world's largest retailer was likely losing about 1% in US revenue — or roughly $3 billion — every year to customer and employee theft.

https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-employees-and-customers-blame-self-checkout-shoplifting-rising-theft-2022-12">https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart ... ft-2022-12">https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-employees-and-customers-blame-self-checkout-shoplifting-rising-theft-2022-12

Blazor

Quote from: DKG post_id=487839 time=1671115539 user_id=3390
Walmart declined to answer questions on its ratio of self-checkout kiosks to traditional checkout lanes staffed by cashiers, which surveillance tools it used to prevent theft, whether self-checkout had posed additional risks of theft, and how much Walmart had lost via theft this year.

They refused to comment, because they are in on it with the Biden Administration. WalMart meets with them.

This is all part of the NWO plan to go to digital currency, fact.

Think about it, the self checkout, is card only. Less cashiers, means less cash payments. The Biden Admin has told WalMart to limit cashier lines. I know this, cause my friend was pissed, that only ONE line was open for cash. He went to customer service, demanding to know why there was only one lane open. Ya know what they told him? "Sorry, the government makes us, so more folks pay with a card".

:oeudC:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

DKG

Quote from: Blazor post_id=487848 time=1671118799 user_id=2221
Quote from: DKG post_id=487839 time=1671115539 user_id=3390
Walmart declined to answer questions on its ratio of self-checkout kiosks to traditional checkout lanes staffed by cashiers, which surveillance tools it used to prevent theft, whether self-checkout had posed additional risks of theft, and how much Walmart had lost via theft this year.

They refused to comment, because they are in on it with the Biden Administration. WalMart meets with them.

Think about it, the self checkout, is card only. Less cashiers, means less cash payments. The Biden Admin has told WalMart to limit cashier lines. I know this, cause my friend was pissed, that only ONE line was open for cash. He went to customer service, demanding to know why there was only one lane open. Ya know what they told him? "Sorry, the government makes us, so more folks pay with a card".

You can use cash at Walmart self checkouts. It's not a conspiracy, it's about saving money and improving productivity. Walmart employees are far less productive than Costco which doesn't have self checkouts.

Blazor

Quote from: DKG post_id=487852 time=1671119394 user_id=3390
Quote from: Blazor post_id=487848 time=1671118799 user_id=2221

You can use cash at Walmart self checkouts. It's not a conspiracy, it's about saving money and improving productivity. Walmart employees are far less productive than Costco which doesn't have self checkouts.

Yes yes, and the jab is good for you, got it. I have no idea what Im talking about, and I just shove the lil green bills into the machine, no matter how many times it rejects it and tells me CARD ONLY  :crazy:

weebles

My worse Wal-Mart experience was when they went to all reusable bags and they trying to force me  to buy a bunch of theirs so I just left my shopping cart and assume they had to put it all away.

DKG

Quote from: Blazor post_id=487855 time=1671120058 user_id=2221
Quote from: DKG post_id=487852 time=1671119394 user_id=3390

Yes yes, and the jab is good for you, got it. I have no idea what Im talking about, and I just shove the lil green bills into the machine, no matter how many times it rejects it and tells me CARD ONLY  :crazy:

You can use cash at a Walmart checkouts. In fact I did it Monday night when I realized I had no windshield washer fluid in the trunk of my car. I had a five dollar bill on me and I wanted  to get rid of it.

DKG

Quote from: weebles post_id=487856 time=1671120325 user_id=2191
My worse Wal-Mart experience was when they went to all reusable bags and they trying to force me  to buy a bunch of theirs so I just left my shopping cart and assume they had to put it all away.

That is the law in most provinces.

Blazor

Quote from: DKG post_id=487857 time=1671120406 user_id=3390
Quote from: Blazor post_id=487855 time=1671120058 user_id=2221

You can use cash at a Walmart checkouts. In fact I did it Monday night when I realized I had no windshield washer fluid in the trunk of my car. I had a five dollar bill on me and I wanted  to get rid of it.

But you're in Canada. I dont think the Biden Admin has jurisdiction there  :laugh:

Oh wait, he did phone up Justin, and told him to squash the truckers.

Im serious dude, no cash accepted at self checkout, and its only ONE lane open with a cashier to accept cash. This is a fact, not a conspiracy theory.

DKG

All self-checkout registers accept cash, but they also accept Walmart gift cards, most major credit cards, debit cards, and EBT cards. If using a check, go through a regular checkout lane, since there is no option for check payment at the self-checkout.

https://www.wikihow.com/Use-the-Walmart-Self%E2%80%90Checkout#:~:text=All%20self%2Dcheckout%20registers%20accept,payment%20at%20the%20self%2Dcheckout">https://www.wikihow.com/Use-the-Walmart ... 2Dcheckout">https://www.wikihow.com/Use-the-Walmart-Self%E2%80%90Checkout#:~:text=All%20self%2Dcheckout%20registers%20accept,payment%20at%20the%20self%2Dcheckout.

Blazor

A wikihow link is not the same as a real experience either  :laugh:

Dove

I accidently stole from the self checkouts twice.

And I was mortified each time.

When I was still buying cat litter at miejer.....I'd get large boxes and I'd stick it on the bottom of the cart.  I get so flustered if the store is busy and Squish is there talking nonstop about chips or whatever it is she wants....I've walked right out with a box of litter I forgot I had and did not pay for lol. Just walked out with it.  I can steal large items from a self check out without even knowing I'm doing it....that's how easy it is.

And yeah i realized it both times when I'm loading the car.....and I run back in and pay.  Just principle. Plus my kids are always there when I do super retarded shit so....gotta follow through and correct it.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

DKG

Quote from: Blazor post_id=487861 time=1671120964 user_id=2221

I can find other links if you want me to. Here is another.

Fact check: Walmart is not banning cash from its stores

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/07/27/fact-check-walmart-not-banning-cash-its-stores/5517244002/">https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 517244002/">https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/07/27/fact-check-walmart-not-banning-cash-its-stores/5517244002/

I gave anecdotal evidence from three days ago. Cash is accepted at Walmart self checkouts. I do not know what else to tell you. You can still use cash, although most people use plastic. Just live every other retailer.

Blazor

Quote from: Dove post_id=487864 time=1671121709 user_id=3266
I accidently stole from the self checkouts twice.

And I was mortified each time.

When I was still buying cat litter at miejer.....I'd get large boxes and I'd stick it on the bottom of the cart.  I get so flustered if the store is busy and Squish is there talking nonstop about chips or whatever it is she wants....I've walked right out with a box of litter I forgot I had and did not pay for lol. Just walked out with it.  I can steal large items from a self check out without even knowing I'm doing it....that's how easy it is.

And yeah i realized it both times when I'm loading the car.....and I run back in and pay.  Just principle. Plus my kids are always there when I do super retarded shit so....gotta follow through and correct it.

We got the WalMart TSA here. Lil Asian dude stops everyone, for anything not in a bag, and demands to "see your papers!" lol.

Wasnt like that before, when everyone had to wear a mask, they gave no fucks.

Blazor

Quote from: DKG post_id=487869 time=1671122054 user_id=3390
Quote from: Blazor post_id=487861 time=1671120964 user_id=2221

I can find other links if you want me to. Here is another.

Fact check: Walmart is not banning cash from its stores

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/07/27/fact-check-walmart-not-banning-cash-its-stores/5517244002/">https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 517244002/">https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/07/27/fact-check-walmart-not-banning-cash-its-stores/5517244002/

I gave anecdotal evidence from three days ago. Cash is accepted at Walmart self checkouts. I do not know what else to tell you. You can still use cash, although most people use plastic. Just live every other retailer.

Buddy, you can provide all the links you want, dont mean shit if I know what the fuck is happening in my neck of the woods  :laugh:

I stated facts, plain and simple.

Lots of folks, when it started happening, said fuck it, left their buggies right there and walked out.

DKG

Quote from: Blazor post_id=487873 time=1671122354 user_id=2221

Buddy, you can provide all the links you want, dont mean shit if I know what the fuck is happening in my neck of the woods  :laugh:

I stated facts, plain and simple.

I am sorry, but you have been given false information. As I said, I burned a five dollar bill at a Walmart on Monday.

Walmart Pay with Cash Option

• Allows customer to shop and purchase online items at Walmart.com and pay for them with cash at all

Walmart stores in the U.S. including Neighborhood Markets.

• Walmart is the first major retailer to offer online purchases without the need for banking services or credit,

debit or prepaid card.

">https://cdn.corporate.walmart.com/5e/73 ... r_5170.pdf">