Replies: 8462
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 01:31:15 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Marvin

Opinions please

Started by Erica Mena, December 20, 2022, 02:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erica Mena

Should a couple go halves on mortgage/rent and bills or is it only right that the man pay for everything?

I feel it's only right since he's the "man" of the house.
<t></t>

Herman

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=488376 time=1671566356 user_id=2845
Should a couple go halves on mortgage/rent and bills or is it only right that the man pay for everything?

I feel it's only right since he's the "man" of the house.

Every relationship I was in before the old lady, I was the breadwinner. My old lady has a masters degree, and earns a professional salary. She insists on paying half for everything. It took a while for me to get used to this kind of fifty-fifty relationship, but I am okay with it now.

Erica Mena

I pay for all the "extras". Extras as in anything for the kids, grandkids, household. We split grocery bill
<t></t>

Buck

I do it by how much money we earn.I earn a bit more than the old women,so let's say for example the monthly bills come to £1200.

I pay £800 and she would pay £400.

Doing it this way leaves us both with about the same spare cash to spend as each other (we don't combine wages).We then both have the same amount of money to do with as we wish.

Blazor

Well, I paid for everything with my first Wife. She eventually got a job that she could work while the Son was in school. That money went towards her lifestyle stuff, such as cigarettes, gas for her car, and any extras.

I've lived on my own since she passed.

To me, the Man should pay for everything, he is the provider. BUT, if bills are not able to be paid from those wages, the Woman should be able to help, so long as the household is not affected. By that, I mean that she should be able to be there for the kids, and also be there in the evening when the Man is home, instead of out working a night job. Even then, the Man should work harder and more hours than the Woman. By this standard though, she cant be lazy either, and should at least try and keep the house somewhat clean too lolol. The Man can help, with trash and stuff, but shouldnt have to bust his ass after already busting his ass all day.

I've never got to experience "coming home to a meal" either lol. I've always been the damn cook hahaha.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Erica Mena

Quote from: Blazor post_id=488384 time=1671567506 user_id=2221
Well, I paid for everything with my first Wife. She eventually got a job that she could work while the Son was in school. That money went towards her lifestyle stuff, such as cigarettes, gas for her car, and any extras.

I've lived on my own since she passed.

To me, the Man should pay for everything, he is the provider. BUT, if bills are not able to be paid from those wages, the Woman should be able to help, so long as the household is not affected. By that, I mean that she should be able to be there for the kids, and also be there in the evening when the Man is home, instead of out working a night job. Even then, the Man should work harder and more hours than the Woman. By this standard though, she cant be lazy either, and should at least try and keep the house somewhat clean too lolol. The Man can help, with trash and stuff, but shouldnt have to bust his ass after already busting his ass all day.

I've never got to experience "coming home to a meal" either lol. I've always been the damn cook hahaha.

Exactly!!
<t></t>

Biggie Smiles

If she's a stay at home mom/wife then yes, the husband should pay for everything.

If she's working then her contributions to the finances should be commensurate with her income.

Blazor

Of course Im considered Old Fashioned these days lol.

I miss the days of Traditional Women....... the ones without penises  :laugh:

Herman

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=488386 time=1671567680 user_id=3214
If she's a stay at home mom/wife then yes, the husband should pay for everything.

If she's working then her contributions to the finances should be commensurate with her income.

That is the way it has been with me. I made good coin in my working career and all of the gals I was with before the old lady did not. So, I paid for everything.

Erica Mena

We both make good money. He still should pay the bills tho :laugh:
<t></t>

Buck

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=488386 time=1671567680 user_id=3214

Yep,that's pretty much what me and the old women do.

Herman

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=488392 time=1671568323 user_id=2845
We both make good money. He still should pay the bills tho :laugh:

That is what I thought would happen with my old lady when we first started living together. But, like most highly educated Oriental gals these days, she values her independence. She thinks she loses that if she lives off a man.

It aint no big deal. We have no kids together. I have a grown son, but she aint the mom.

Biggie Smiles

That would t fly in my house. As a matter of principle she'd be paying something

Herman

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=488397 time=1671568685 user_id=3214
That would t fly in my house. As a matter of principle she'd be paying something

You are a more modern guy than I am. It is the way I have always done it since I first lived with a gal when I was nineteen and working as a roughneck on the rigs. The relationship I am in now seemed weird to me at first.

Blazor

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=488397 time=1671568685 user_id=3214

Paying wit' dat ass!!!  :laugh: