Last post: June 30, 2024, 10:21:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Happy New Year

Started by Erica Mena, January 01, 2023, 03:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erica Mena

<t></t>

Frood

I love your big bouncy boobies.... (Solely as an onlooker, not as a sexual or romantic interest)   :tease:
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Happy New Year everyone, hope the war in Ukraine will be over soon and COVID ends as soon as possible.
Permanently off his rocker

Garraty_47

DKG

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=489791 time=1672596374 user_id=61
Happy New Year everyone, hope the war in Ukraine will be over soon and COVID ends as soon as possible.

The war in Ukraine will continue as long as the US taxpayers continue to pay for it. But, even then the US will find a new proxy war to fight. I see tensions are rising again between Serbia and Kosovo. An opportunity for the American military-industrial complex.

As for COVID, it will not end either. The virus itself is done, but the martial law response will be the new norm moving forward. The powerful left would like to use lockdowns for the climate emergency.

Herman

What does this year mean to old Herman. I turn fifty five on Wednesday. That means I can roll my RRSP's over into a RIF and start collecting monthly payments if I want to.

Blazor

Happy New Year from Virginia!!!!

https://scontent-iad3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/323056379_3278027252464744_6611222162071009171_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p552x414&_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=IfyhmkXgidUAX-mfCuN&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-2.xx&oh=00_AfDO-bacofE02IcDB8zdE1b_aClL1dATVxnu1Ulg-SNDfA&oe=63B70FDA">

Tonight I'll be eating the traditional meal of the South on New Years..... fried pork chops, greens, and black eyed peas.

You may of heard the tale, of eating black eyed peas on New Years is considered lucky, but in case you didnt know why, let me tell you. It originated in the South.......

Why do Southerners eat Black Eyed Peas on New Year's Day?

The story of the Southern tradition of eating black-eyed peas as the first meal on New Year's Day is generally believed to date back to the winter of 1864 - 1865.

When Union General William T. Sherman led his invading troops on their destructive march through Georgia, the fields of black-eyed peas were largely left untouched because they were deemed fit only for animals.

The Union foragers took everything, plundered the land, and left what they could not take, burning or in shambles.

But two things did remain, the lowly peas and good Ol' Southern salted pork.

As a result, the humble yet nourishing black-eyed peas saved surviving Southerners - mainly women, children, elderly and the disabled veterans of the Confederate army - from mass starvation and were thereafter regarded as a symbol of good luck.

The peas are said to represent good fortune. Certainly the starving Southern families and soldiers were fortunate to have those meager supplies.

According to the tradition and folklore, the peas are served with several other dishes that symbolically represent good fortune, health, wealth, and prosperity in the coming year.

Some folks still traditionally cook the black-eyed peas with a silver dime in the pot as a symbol of good fortune.

Greens represent wealth and paper money. Any greens will do, but in the South the most popular are collards, mustard greens, turnip greens, and cabbage.

Cornbread - a regular staple among Southerners in the absence of wheat - symbolizes gold and is very good for soaking up the juice from the greens on the plate.

You should always have some cornbread on hand in your kitchen anyway. Good for dinner and in the morning with syrup.

Pork symbolizes bountiful prosperity, and then progressing into the year ahead. Ham and hog jowls are typical with the New Year meal, though sometimes bacon will be used, too. Pigs root forward, so it's the symbolic moving forward for the New Year.

Tomatoes are often eaten with this meal as well. They represent health and wealth.

ac_drinks
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Oerdin

Happy new year, everyone.

Berry Sweet

Happy 2023!

I woke up sober this morning...we went out for a late lunch/dinner....we walked down the street to a restaurant and had a nice meal....I was looking out the window checking out all the businesses down the street and I see a sign for cannabis....when did that get there???  I went there after dinner and got THC cookies and chocolate....im soo excited!!!  It's literally right down block from me!!  Now I have a reason to go for a walk down that way!!  :thumbup:

JOE

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=489766 time=1672560068 user_id=2845
I love you guys!

Que Te Quiero, Erica!

">

..and Happy New Year!