Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

A

Seriously...

Started by Anonymous, January 24, 2023, 07:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKG

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=492915 time=1674935424 user_id=61
Quote from: Herman post_id=492905 time=1674933788 user_id=3396

Most of the American movies and shows seem to have the same damn problem. I know on Netflix, I watch more foreign shows and movies than American.

Hollywood seems to be hit really hard by the leftwing political correct/woke stuff, I enjoyed some of the Marvel remakes, but can't help but notice some limitation/restrictions.  ac_unsure

Netflix has a move called Colin in Black and White. I will not be watching it.

Zetsu

Quote from: Guest post_id=492951 time=1674953796
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=492945 time=1674944971 user_id=61

Now that you've mentioned Ghost in the Shell, have only heard good comments from it.  Surprisingly I've never got the chance to watch it, which I kind of regretted as an old school anime addict myself.

From someone whose exposure to anime was exceedingly limited, I enjoyed it. I've caught the live action version as well, both versions have their plusses and the plot itself was engaging. Yify has both available for torrenting if you can't get them via more legitimate means, just be sure to saddle up the proxies before you go after it. There's no telling when some piece of garbage up in Ottawa will suspend the privacy laws protecting pirates out your way.

I guess not everyone is into anime like myself, but they have some hidden gems worth checking out every few years.  Like Treasurer has mentioned, with so much subscription sources, we'd have to apologize to ourself for not making use to it (old asian saying).
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Quote from: Dove post_id=492981 time=1674985089 user_id=3266
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=492904 time=1674933594 user_id=61

:thumbup:

I enjoyed FMA Brotherhood and DBZ, definitely got my blood flowing and warmed up.

Below is a few other old anime I like and would recommend to most ppl

Rebuild of Evangelion

BERSERK

Gunnm Battle Angel

Guyver

I actually know and love Evangelion. I smashed through that whole series and finished with the movie.

And I really couldnt get into the rebuild. I wanted to....I just couldnt lol

I'm didn't know you like Evangelion too, I tried recommending to my cousin but she didn't seem to like it and thought it would be wise to stop shoving it in everyone's face I talk to, lol.  Have to admit too Rebuild wasn't as good as the original series, but on the good side the story was much more self-explanatory than 1997 movie lol, (which I believe was the main reason for doing another remake).

Zetsu

Quote from: DKG post_id=492993 time=1675006241 user_id=3390

Hollywood seems to be hit really hard by the leftwing political correct/woke stuff, I enjoyed some of the Marvel remakes, but can't help but notice some limitation/restrictions.  ac_unsure

Woke/PCness productions will be put on my not-interested list too, sadly those shows provide no gain or any kind enjoyment.  ac_unsure

Thiel

Quote from: DKG post_id=492993 time=1675006241 user_id=3390

Colin Kaepernick makes me laugh. I cannot take him seriously.
gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=492994 time=1675009198 user_id=61
Quote from: Guest post_id=492951 time=1674953796

From someone whose exposure to anime was exceedingly limited, I enjoyed it. I've caught the live action version as well, both versions have their plusses and the plot itself was engaging. Yify has both available for torrenting if you can't get them via more legitimate means, just be sure to saddle up the proxies before you go after it. There's no telling when some piece of garbage up in Ottawa will suspend the privacy laws protecting pirates out your way.

I guess not everyone is into anime like myself, but they have some hidden gems worth checking out every few years.

Agreed. I stumbled upon Ghost In The Shell while watching the first instalment of Indigo Gaming's Cyberpunk documentary. I'm not averse to anime or anything, to me it's simply another format to appreciate a story in. If the story piques my interest it could be in flash cards for all I care.

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=492994 time=1675009198 user_id=61 Like Treasurer has mentioned, with so much subscription sources, we'd have to apologize to ourself for not making use to it (old asian saying).

Mmmmm, I believe Jeremy of The Quartering expressed it best almost a week ago...

https://www.bitchute.com/video/5G67avec3IM/">https://www.bitchute.com/video/5G67avec3IM/

with so many subscription services, you could be paying as much or more than a cable package and still be getting stiffed for content.

Besides, I am morally opposed to paying some wokel top dollar for a cloud service which they can revoice, re-edits or simply delete on a whim whenever a voice actor puts a foot wrong on Facebook. Pretty much most of what I download (paid or otherwise), I store locally. Because of this, I have copies of various films, tv series and music that would be impossible to find nowadays.

Aylana

I like anime with good stories...The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Belle, Your Name, Weathering With You, Wolf Children, A Silent Voice...Perfect Blue.

Dove

Demonslayer is being enjoyed in my house these days.

So much so my 6 year old has a Nazoku(?) cosplay costume. The wig. The bamboo. All of it.

She wears this get up EVERYDAY.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Anonymous

Quote from: Aylana post_id=493015 time=1675024323 user_id=3385
I like anime with good stories...The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Great movie.  Very moving with just a dash of sci-fi.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=492351 time=1674574818 user_id=3214
Could this be why Pig has a sudden fixation with potatoes ?

Skippy aka Pork Chop, likes to dress up in drag, shove potatoes up his ass and shoot them out....he's been arrested several times doing this on the street corner in dtes

Odinson

Quote from: Odinson post_id=492897 time=1674932094 user_id=136
Full metal alchemist.

Fist of the north star.

Ginga nagareboshi gin.

Dragonball Z.

I enjoyed FMA Brotherhood and DBZ, definitely got my blood flowing and warmed up.

Rebuild of Evangelion

BERSERK

Gunnm Battle Angel

Guyver

These shows were pretty heavy when you were less than 10 years old.

Kids shows back then, age rating 16 and 18 now.

Grandpa Gohei chopping off his busted leg inorder to feed it to his weakened dog.

Zetsu

Quote from: Odinson post_id=493563 time=1675734907 user_id=136

Rebuild of Evangelion

BERSERK

Gunnm Battle Angel

Guyver

These shows were pretty heavy when you were less than 10 years old.

Kids shows back then, age rating 16 and 18 now.

Grandpa Gohei chopping off his busted leg inorder to feed it to his weakened dog.

I must say a few scenes were pretty scary to watch when I was 6, but you gotta admit the protagonists were just too cool to ignore, beats watching those puppet shows, lol.

Frood

I haven't bought a TV since 2009 and have never plugged an aerial into it except for natural disasters since then (maybe 5-6 events).

As a consequence, we don't watch crap and our minds are clean.

I enjoy having one of the least worn out TV's from the 2000's which is good enough to be a movie prop asset.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Frood post_id=493757 time=1675933092 user_id=1676
I haven't bought a TV since 2009 and have never plugged an aerial into it except for natural disasters since then (maybe 5-6 events).[/quote

Yes, you seriously need to get out of watching John Farnham farewell concerts and give that TV a rest.

Frood

Quote from: Guest post_id=493762 time=1675936940
Quote from: Frood post_id=493757 time=1675933092 user_id=1676
I haven't bought a TV since 2009 and have never plugged an aerial into it except for natural disasters since then (maybe 5-6 events).

Yes, you seriously need to get out of watching John Farnham farewell concerts and give that TV a rest.

Ughhhh... the voice has got to be the worst song of all time....

Unless revamped... but even then, marginally not as bad.

">
Blahhhhhh...