The best topic

Replies: 8528
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:05:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

Where do you get your “News”

Started by Erica Mena, February 13, 2023, 10:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Erica Mena

<t></t>

DKG

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=494042 time=1676302249 user_id=2845
For me these days, it's Twitter.

Almost all large media providers now editorialize instead of report news, so I'm done with them. Postmedia is my number one source. I also use Epoch Times, Blaze, Daily Caller, Rebel News and Twitter.

Garraty_47

I get  mine from various sources.

Very little is from any broadcast legacy media (CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc.) although at one time I had all the "news" channels programmed into my Favorites so I could easily skim up and down the channel list to see what they were all talking about. Then they blacklisted RT America and dumped Newsmax; after that I rarely bothered any more.

Now I dip my toe into social media (Twitter and Facebook), watch a few independent YouTube clips (Jimmy Dore, Revolutionary Blackout Network, Glenn Greenwald, Sabby Sabs, The Grayzone, Bad Faith, etc.), and look up the source materials for things I've seen mentioned that look interesting (like Seymour Hersh's recent Substack article) so I can get as much context as possible.

The important thing is to never place blind faith in any source.

People get things wrong sometimes. People change.

People can be compromised or let their masks slip and reveal they were bullshitting all along.

Be passionate about issues, not the people talking about the issues.

Treat information like a buffet... try a bit of everything; don't just fill your plate from one dish.

Blazor

Quote from: DKG post_id=494044 time=1676303574 user_id=3390
I also use Blaze

ac_dance
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=494046 time=1676303757 user_id=3381
Treat information like a buffet... try a bit of everything; don't just fill your plate from one dish.

Well said!  :thumbup:

Blazor

I dont trust ANY of the mainstream fucks.

My fave is Gab, followed by Stormfront and Bitchute.

I do the same, take every bit of info with a grain of salt, and digest it from there.

Biggie Smiles

Like Garraty I use a rather wide variety of news sources as I do not believe any one agency is 100% truthful at all times

Easier question for me would be - what news agencies do you avoid like the plague

that would be CNN, MSNBC, NPR and any agency focusing a good 60% or better of their production on the Jan 6th witchhunt or Muller fiascos

Shen Li

Quote from: Blazor post_id=494049 time=1676316792 user_id=2221
Quote from: DKG post_id=494044 time=1676303574 user_id=3390
I also use Blaze

ac_dance

Smartass :laugh:

Shen Li

I do not watch, read or listen to any North American news. It's more biased than any editorial in the People's Daily. Singapore Straits Times and South China Morning Post are my primary news sources.

Herman

I check a variety. For opinions I like Jericho Greene, Turning Point USA, Mark Levin, Prager U, and Turning Point USA. I also read The Blaze, New York Post, Fox- Harris Faulkner, Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, and Laura Ingraham. Rebel is the only Canadian news I will read.

Odinson

I get my news from multiple sources.. And I take it all with a grain of salt.

I never blindly believe or follow anything.

Shen Li

Quote from: Odinson post_id=494071 time=1676340619 user_id=136
I get my news from multiple sources.. And I take it all with a grain of salt.

I never blindly believe or follow anything.

In Canada, you need a salt mine.

Berry Sweet

I generally see things on social media. I'll look further online if the story is big enough.   Canadian news sources suck...they report squat, I dunno why they do this?  I check out other countries sources for Canadian stories as they give more info.

My dad watches a European news channel.. when I go over to visit, I watch sometimes and they give a full out report of whatever er story is happening in Canada... I think to myself....why can't Canada tell us Canadians this? Why do I need to hear about it in depth from another country? They even have pictures and videos that Canada doesn't offer.

It makes me wonder about the Canadian government and how stupid they are and if they think controlling the media coverage will stop people from looking further?  I don't get this?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=494042 time=1676302249 user_id=2845
For me these days, it's Twitter.

:oeudC:

Nothing is newsworthy now.  I file it all under c for 'crap I'll just waste time being angry about'.

Frood

Anything except CNN, ABC, MSBNC, NPR, Drudge, BBC, all Australian outlets except for Rebel News Australia or Sky News Australia (occasionally).

I've been quite partial to Breitbart in years past but they've become partisan ostriches with their heads up their sandy arseholes. Same with Tim Pool... he panders for his fence sitting empire.

I used to read the front page of Hal Turner and occasionally tune into his terrestrial broadcasts, but fuck me running that guy is annoying as fuck... with his woe is me and personal tragedy issues.

Twitter as of late is the best place to find news and new dimensions of news.

There are nuggets of newsy newsy goodness everywhere (even Rense and Jones) except in the MSM, bar perhaps Tucker Carlson's show... his points generally resonate to the mentally sane and drive all others even more bat shit crazy.

To be fair to the non Liberty minded sources.... Jimmy Dore and Bill Maher are starting to go the way of Dave Rubin on some issues, and that's promising.
Blahhhhhh...