The best topic

Replies: 8527
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 12:52:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

I think the government is trying to kill OH

Started by Dove, February 23, 2023, 01:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=494864 time=1677269792 user_id=3389
Quote from: Blazor post_id=494862 time=1677269049 user_id=2221

Everything. Put Biden on that list too.

Huh?? My Dad was a division engineer for CN when we first came to Canada. Derailments happen everyday across North America. Most are minor and happen in yards. Canada has more derailments than the US in winter due to pull-aparts(contraction). The US has more in the summer due to track buckling(heat expansion).

The derailment in Ohio was not caused by either of these. However, it was caused by people not doing their jobs. If what I'm hearing is true, that the hot box detector failed to send messages to the conductor and hoghead, then signals maintainers did not do their inspections/maintenance. If the hot box detector did send messages to the train crew, it's their fault for not stopping. The latter is the more likely cause. We've had at least one derailment because of this in Canada, but the cars that derailed were not carrying dangerous goods.

I don't like any of the companies and people you mentioned, but they didn't derail this train. It was employees of NS that fucked up. Blaming Trump for cancelling expensive braking systems would not have kept cars between the rails. Blaming Biden's libtard paymasters would not have done anything either.

All valid points, but then so was training Derek Chauvin how to restrain fentanyl addicts. I seem to recall that going south rather quickly for all concerned too. I'm not saying "don't hold the employees accountable"; we should hold them accountable for their part in it, along with anyone who may have encouraged or even coerced them in to that course of action.

Right up to the CEO level if appropriate. If the job is to get a bunch of dangerous chemical from A to B on substandard rail lines unfit for the purpose, improperly disposing of any spills that might occur, it kind of suggests there's plenty of culpability to go around.

Anonymous

Quote from: Guest post_id=494879 time=1677277336
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=494864 time=1677269792 user_id=3389

Huh?? My Dad was a division engineer for CN when we first came to Canada. Derailments happen everyday across North America. Most are minor and happen in yards. Canada has more derailments than the US in winter due to pull-aparts(contraction). The US has more in the summer due to track buckling(heat expansion).

The derailment in Ohio was not caused by either of these. However, it was caused by people not doing their jobs. If what I'm hearing is true, that the hot box detector failed to send messages to the conductor and hoghead, then signals maintainers did not do their inspections/maintenance. If the hot box detector did send messages to the train crew, it's their fault for not stopping. The latter is the more likely cause. We've had at least one derailment because of this in Canada, but the cars that derailed were not carrying dangerous goods.

I don't like any of the companies and people you mentioned, but they didn't derail this train. It was employees of NS that fucked up. Blaming Trump for cancelling expensive braking systems would not have kept cars between the rails. Blaming Biden's libtard paymasters would not have done anything either.

All valid points, but then so was training Derek Chauvin how to restrain fentanyl addicts. I seem to recall that going south rather quickly for all concerned too. I'm not saying "don't hold the employees accountable"; we should hold them accountable for their part in it, along with anyone who may have encouraged or even coerced them in to that course of action.

Right up to the CEO level if appropriate. If the job is to get a bunch of dangerous chemical from A to B on substandard rail lines unfit for the purpose, improperly disposing of any spills that might occur, it kind of suggests there's plenty of culpability to go around.

If the tracks that train derailed on were substandard that also means people were not doing their jobs. In  Canada, Transport Canada is the agency that mandates how all tracks must be built and maintained according to frequency and weight of loads going over them. In the States, The Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) looks after that.

It is not federal agents in Canada or the States that travel the tracks in hi-rail trucks looking for defects. That is the job of STI's(supervisors of track inspection) in both countries. STI's are employed by all class one railways. Trains hauling a certain number of cars carrying dangerous goods require an  inspoection within four hours of the train travelling on the same tracks. If any defect is discovered including as little as two missing bolts in one joint bar, the train is delayed and a section crew is immediately dispatched to fix the problem. Only after the section foreman signs off that the job is complete is the train allowed to continue on it's trip.

None of that matters because the NS train did not derail due to faulty tracks. Much like Lac Megantic tragedy in Quebec, this tragedy occurred because running trades employees did not do their jobs. No amount of new regulations can fix a problem caused by employees not following old regulations.

Anonymous

Quote from: Brent post_id=494882 time=1677282285
Quote from: Guest post_id=494879 time=1677277336

If the tracks that train derailed on were substandard that also means people were not doing their jobs. In  Canada, Transport Canada is the agency that mandates how all tracks must be built and maintained according to frequency and weight of loads going over them. In the States, The Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) looks after that.

It is not federal agents in Canada or the States that travel the tracks in hi-rail trucks looking for defects. That is the job of STI's(supervisors of track inspection) in both countries. STI's are employed by all class one railways. Trains hauling a certain number of cars carrying dangerous goods require an  inspoection within four hours of the train travelling on the same tracks. If any defect is discovered including as little as two missing bolts in one joint bar, the train is delayed and a section crew is immediately dispatched to fix the problem. Only after the section foreman signs off that the job is complete is the train allowed to continue on it's trip.

None of that matters because the NS train did not derail due to faulty tracks. Much like Lac Megantic tragedy in Quebec, this tragedy occurred because running trades employees did not do their jobs. No amount of new regulations can fix a problem caused by employees not following old regulations.

Dude, again; all vaild points, yet I feel like I'm going to have to reaffirm what I said before. By all means, prosecute and appropriately punish the workers for their failure to adhere to safety first. And yes, supervisors as well, they allowed it to happen. HR for not hiring more competent/qualified staff, upper management for not providing the requisite oversight to ensure protocol was followed under pain of whatever (garnished wages, suspension et al before it got to this pass).

Right now the only accountability on the table is offering up a few sacrificial lambs lambs. A good start, but with the admission that trains are derailing all the time, it is abundantly clear (to me at least, I should hope you as well) that there are problems that need addressing elsewhere in the chain. And that goes for the decision to conduct the impromptu burnoff off the spilled chemicals with little or no thought to the effect it might have past getting the line reopened too.

I'm smelling a "profit margin" excuse on offer here, hence the desire to pin the tail on the donkeys downstairs and heaven forbid we look any further. Not that I'm expecting holding all responsible to account is going to make much difference to the people and wildlife of East Palestine and everything downstream of it, but if the best you can manage out of this are a couple of operators and a supervisor or two, there is ZERO incentive for businesses to tidy up their act and every reason to expect these "accidents" to keep on happening.

Potentially at the cost of what you eat, drink and breathe, my friend. That's your stake in this and I imagine it is one that is compelling for you if you stop to consider it. If you have family, you might want to advocate on their behalf too, because shutting the gate after the horse has bolted fixes nothing. You need to hold all to account and hope that it serves as a cautionary to anyone else whose cavalier attitudes to what they can get away with would lead them to following in the example currently set.

My advice? Don't rely on the government to do it for you, they are by and large inefficient structures who'll write a bunch of bullshit legalese and tax you up the yin-yang for a job half-assed. Just saying.

Herman

Sum Cunt, you are talking to a fella that has ran freight trains for over thirty years. Non railroaders do not stand much of a chance debating rail safety with old Jock. Blurt tried after the Quebec disaster and Brent wiped the floor with Blurt's ignorant ass.

This Ohio accident reminds me of Deepwater Horizon. There was all kinds of shit excuses about profits over safery, and more regulations would have prevented it. But, if BOP shut in procedures were followed it would not have happened. We can point fingers all we want, but sometimes workers do not follow rules one hundred percent of the time. What prog politicians think new rules four, five, and six will be followed when rules one, two, and three are ignored.

caskur

Quote from: Guest post_id=494848 time=1677256598
Quote from: DKG post_id=494839 time=1677252907 user_id=3390

It could possibly get into lakes, rivers, and the ocean, but it shouldn't get into water that goes to homes.

If it's in the lakes and rivers, that doesn't leave a lot of sources to draw clean water for homes. All the Australian capitals water supplies are tainted to some degree because of willful mismanagement. Caskur and Bricktop's cities happen to be two of the worse affected. Granted it's not as dire as that faced by East Palestine residents and their neighbours, but still...

It was estimated that two thirds of the underground aquifers in Perth were unfit for human consumption two decades ago. Now the government there are saying they need to up the usage of ground water to 50% in the coming years. I've got money on the authorities redefining what is considered "healthy" and "potable" in order for them to achieve their goals. Caskur would be well advised to invest in a point of consumption water filter if she hasn't already done so, potentially a point of entry filter as well if she wants to avoid poisoning her garden and washing her clothes in the liquified chemical shit set to be pumped about her city.

we don't drink ground water and we have 2 desalinators and a 3rd one being built.

We have 4 big dams servicing Perth, and of those, of which is Mundaring, services Kalgoorlie as well... Our dams are Mundaring, Canning, Wungon, Serpentine....

We will invest in a rainwater tank.

And I am sure WA water is better than drinking stinking muddy water from NSW floods....christ knows whats in that?

you are always trying to knock WA,... the richest state that pays your dole.... you are not a WA expert.

Ps... no fresh water on the planet is fit for human consumption.... it all has to be treated before drinking..... duh.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Rainwater/snow are the first things that toxic and persistent chemicals which were intentionally lit on fire get a free ride on...

East Palestine residents and Virgina/Maryland residents are now finding that out.

This is worse than Chernobyl or Fukushima...

At least nuclear materials have a half life.
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

3 fires in Mexican petro units (1 of which was based in Texas) break out in one day....

Are we getting it yet, people?

Everything is burning up

Food plants, petro plants, food manufacturing/warehousing, et cetera...

This has been going on for awhile now.

They are taking back all the gains the last couple of hundred years have given us "common" people.

No fuel, no food, no fertilisers, no products.... we will own nothing and we will worship our new global government overlords... or perish.

I say.... fuck that. I will always find a way out of their shit-leading.
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

We have 2 desalination plants.... one 10 minutes south of me... they are building a third one north of the river... sum cunt is not up to date about Perth Water... he is like decades behind.... lol

https://www.watercorporation.com.au/Our-water/Desalination">https://www.watercorporation.com.au/Our ... salination">https://www.watercorporation.com.au/Our-water/Desalination
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: Frood post_id=494901 time=1677309850 user_id=1676
Rainwater/snow are the first things that toxic and persistent chemicals which were intentionally lit on fire get a free ride on...

East Palestine residents and Virgina/Maryland residents are now finding that out.

We get our clean air straight off the Indian Ocean.... people on Ohio are landlocked.... ie fucked
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: caskur post_id=494905 time=1677311213 user_id=2156
Quote from: Frood post_id=494901 time=1677309850 user_id=1676

We get our clean air straight off the Indian Ocean.... people on Ohio are landlocked.... ie fucked

And if a manufacturing or storage plant in your area goes up, will it simply blow to your neighbours, or will it become embedded in in the agricultural products which you eat and recirculate in your town?

These chemicals lit on fire in Ohio... Vinyl Chlorides and many others... they don't lesson in severity over our lifetimes... and in fact get taken up in plants which are eaten by livestock which are eaten by us.

Getting a rainwater tank won't do much if anything...
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: Frood post_id=494903 time=1677310919 user_id=1676
3 fires in Mexican petro units (1 of which was based in Texas) break out in one day....

Everything is burning up

They are taking back all the gains the last couple of hundred years have given us "common" people.

No fuel, no food, no fertilisers, no products.... we will own nothing and we will worship our new global government overlords... or perish.

Everything ages, hence crumbles...all your American highrises are doing that right this minute.... a grass hut looks like a livable dwelling atm.
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: caskur post_id=494907 time=1677311845 user_id=2156
Quote from: Frood post_id=494903 time=1677310919 user_id=1676

Everything is burning up

Everything ages, hence crumbles...all your American highrises are doing that right this minute.... a grass hut looks like a livable dwelling atm.

You're being nationalistic wise, an obtuse person.

Same way you once announced that Aussie meat pies were the best in the world despite not ever visiting the UK or elsewhere to sample others.  

New and old stuff are going up in flames atm and in a never seen before rate.

It's a controlled demolition.... totally intentional...
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

I definitely am a one eyed WA person, colour me guilty.

If things are going up it'll be wogs burning their businesses down for the insurance money.

my cousin and 5 of her 6 kids are relocating to NSW.... one is staying to go to John Curtin High....

I'm not happy they going.....
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: caskur post_id=494911 time=1677317934 user_id=2156

If things are going up it'll be wogs burning their businesses down for the insurance money.

my cousin and 5 of her 6 kids are relocating to NSW.... one is staying to go to John Curtin High....

These aren't small businesses going up... they're extremely large companies losing an asset or having it hobbled indefinitely.
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: Frood post_id=494932 time=1677390218 user_id=1676
Quote from: caskur post_id=494911 time=1677317934 user_id=2156

These aren't small businesses going up... they're extremely large companies losing an asset or having it hobbled indefinitely.

They are lighting up plenty of businesses in WA at the moment... serious criminal activity going on that is for sure.

Yesterday a recycled paper place...

I want to track them down and disable them.
- Andy Warhol