The best topic

Replies: 8527
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 12:52:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

I think the government is trying to kill OH

Started by Dove, February 23, 2023, 01:39:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=495125 time=1677795468 user_id=3389
@Blazor

Involved with trains unless you are on track in CTC, OCS or yard tracks means nothing. It's an apples to oranges comparison. Anybody working on track is governed by CROR or it's American equivalent. You were not.

The point is that hot box detectors are there for a reason. It is fail safe technology. Either it failed to issue a warning or much more likely the running trades ignored 2 safety. Bill Gates is an asshole, but he didn't ignore 2 warnings to stop. The conductor and the hoghead did.

What you and Freud are talking about are irrelevant to a cardinal rule violation that lead to a major derailment. We all hate the same people,  but again they are not responsible for the train crew's inaction. MSM is ignorant of railway operating rules as you are.

I still dont think you understand either.

If they ignored warnings, they are liable, plain and simple, I get that. But if they refute it, then surely something more sinister is at play.

All Im saying, is I highly doubt this is a simple open/shut case, where a couple conductors ignored some warnings on purpose. Keep an open mind about all this, is all Frood and I are sayin'. WAY too many unusual things going on with this one.... my Blaze senses are tingling off the charts  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: Frood post_id=495126 time=1677796851 user_id=1676
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=495125 time=1677795468 user_id=3389
@Blazor

Involved with trains unless you are on track in CTC, OCS or yard tracks means nothing. It's an apples to oranges comparison. Anybody working on track is governed by CROR or it's American equivalent. You were not.

The point is that hot box detectors are there for a reason. It is fail safe technology. Either it failed to issue a warning or much more likely the running trades ignored 2 safety. Bill Gates is an asshole, but he didn't ignore 2 warnings to stop. The conductor and the hoghead did.

What you and Freud are talking about are irrelevant to a cardinal rule violation that lead to a major derailment. We all hate the same people,  but again they are not responsible for the train crew's inaction. MSM is ignorant of railway operating rules as you are.

Shush, pancake butt.

Don't misrepresent the point I was making.

This is interesting, a train car was there several months before the incident......

https://www.bitchute.com/video/4ABxIrJMZ6vM/">https://www.bitchute.com/video/4ABxIrJMZ6vM/

Blazor

And why did the CDC just update the effects of the chemical a month ago?

Surely a couple conductors that ignored warnings didnt do that too?

Frood

Everything is burning down... Blackstone just defaulted on a 560 million bond.
Blahhhhhh...

Herman

Quote from: Blazor post_id=495132 time=1677805724 user_id=2221

This has got nothing with why cars went on the ground. You keep confusing the derailment with unrelated things.

Anonymous

Quote from: Herman post_id=495090 time=1677727651 user_id=3396
Quote from: Frood post_id=495088 time=1677725868 user_id=1676

But if an accident wasn't unintentional?

If organisations or government organisations are intentionally lighting shit on fire and derailing trains, wouldn't you want to hear every side before passing judgement?

Look... I can accept that numerous operators might not have followed protocols... but I can also accept that these people, even if they exist, are suspect one way or another, just as the official government statements.

What has this got to do with the train crew that disobeyed safety rules. If the train crew had followed the rules, it would have been a case of Norfolk Southern losing some money because a train came to a stop and delayed other trains.

The spill was intentionally lit on fire, the reason offered was to get the lines open again as quickly as possible. That's the docemented reason, and the clearest indicator we have that someone was willing to cut whatever corners they could to keep the money rolling in.

Not a train engineer's call I don't think, and while I agree the train staff should shoulder blame for their part in the derailment and subsequent poisoning of the countryside and its inhabitants, it is abundantly clear they were encouraged if not coerced into ignoring safety protocols.

Clear thinking... do they even teach that in schools any more?

Odinson

The cart was burning 20 miles before the derailment.

They were near their destination and they were thinking that its gonna hold until then.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=495136 time=1677810276 user_id=136
The cart was burning 20 miles before the derailment.

They were near their destination and they were thinking that its gonna hold until then.

That's because they blew past the hot box detectors without stopping. If they had stopped after the first detector's warning, nobody would have heard of East Palestine.

The NTSB report stated the train was traveling at less the maximum authorized speed before the derailment.

This is from the NTSB's preliminary report.
QuoteNow we know the hot bearing detectors along the track, three of them, were all working right before the train derailed in East Palestine. According to the NTSB, the three detectors caught an overheated wheel bearing and provided real-time warnings to the crew of the train.

At the first detector they examined, the wheel bearing from the 23rd car had a recorded temperature of 38 degrees above the outside air temperature.

At the next detector, the bearing's recorded temperature was up to 103 degrees. And at the third detector, the bearing was 253 degrees above ambient temperature.

Norfolk-Southern has alarm thresholds for overheating like this.

Between 170 and 200 degrees, rail workers are to stop and inspect the train. And if the bearing is greater than 200 degrees, which it was at the last detector, they are to "set out the railcar" which means it needs to be set aside for repairs.

According to the NTSB, the hot bearing detector at the last point before the derailment transmitted a critical alarm instructing the crew to slow and stop the train to inspect a hot axle.

https://www.cleveland19.com/2023/02/22/east-palestine-train-derailment-cause-could-be-released-thursday-morning/">https://www.cleveland19.com/2023/02/22/ ... y-morning/">https://www.cleveland19.com/2023/02/22/east-palestine-train-derailment-cause-could-be-released-thursday-morning/

The question is whether the train ignored the transmitted warnings or were they told by their direct supervisor to ignore the warning. That will come out in the future. A trainmaster or a train crew will be fired.

Anonymous

Quote from: Guest post_id=495135 time=1677809011
Quote from: Herman post_id=495090 time=1677727651 user_id=3396

What has this got to do with the train crew that disobeyed safety rules. If the train crew had followed the rules, it would have been a case of Norfolk Southern losing some money because a train came to a stop and delayed other trains.

The spill was intentionally lit on fire, the reason offered was to get the lines open again as quickly as possible. That's the docemented reason, and the clearest indicator we have that someone was willing to cut whatever corners they could to keep the money rolling in.

Not a train engineer's call I don't think, and while I agree the train staff should shoulder blame for their part in the derailment and subsequent poisoning of the countryside and its inhabitants, it is abundantly clear they were encouraged if not coerced into ignoring safety protocols.

A call like that is not in any unionized railway employees' responsibilities. But, what Herm is getting at is the train crew is responsible for the derailment. Without the derailment there is no fire. At CP and CN, hot box detectors and dragging equipment are covered under the Canadian Rail Operating Rules   inspections portion. This is a quote, When, an overheated bearing or other defect is suspected by other than an HBD inspection,

item 22.0:

• stop the train immediately, and

• make a close inspection.

The inspection is done by the conductor as he is responsible for the train and the hoghead is responsible for the power(locomotives).

What we are hearing at CP is that the train crew will do statements, but a trainmaster and a general superintendent could be the employees looking for new jobs. If it is revealed they told the train crew to ignore the first two warnings, they could face criminal charges as well as being terminated.

Anonymous

Quote from: Brent post_id=495138 time=1677816793

A call like that is not in any unionized railway employees' responsibilities. But, what Herm is getting at is the train crew is responsible for the derailment. Without the derailment there is no fire. At CP and CN, hot box detectors and dragging equipment are covered under the Canadian Rail Operating Rules   inspections portion. This is a quote, When, an overheated bearing or other defect is suspected by other than an HBD inspection,

item 22.0:

The inspection is done by the conductor as he is responsible for the train and the hoghead is responsible for the power(locomotives).

What we are hearing at CP is that the train crew will do statements, but a trainmaster and a general superintendent could be the employees looking for new jobs. If it is revealed they told the train crew to ignore the first two warnings, they could face criminal charges as well as being terminated.

So you're fine with the people who employed them getting off scot free, I get that. You've made it abundantly clear that you think all the responsibility rests with the train operator, and that anyone in a higher position is utterly exempt from any recourse, even should they coerce the aforementioned operator under threat of negative performance review, their job or anything else we might care to name. These people are utterly beyond reproach and are at perfect liberty to employ any random yahoo they like and metaphorically whip them into cutting any and all corners, safe in the knowledge that when things fuck up, it's the operator's ass on the line, not the management, yes?

This is where I'd announce "don't call us, we'll call you." And file your job application in the round file the minute you were out the door.

Blazor

Quote from: Herman post_id=495134 time=1677806635 user_id=3396
Quote from: Blazor post_id=495132 time=1677805724 user_id=2221

This has got nothing with why cars went on the ground. You keep confusing the derailment with unrelated things.

Keep an open mind brother. Shady shit been going on for a while now. Time to "put your glasses on". "Could" be unrelated, but why the sudden change, after around 30 years of not changing it. If it smells fishy, odds are its either fishy, or its SeaQueens asshole  :laugh:

Shen Li

item 22.0:

What gets me is that this train travelled 30 miles with a hot wheel. Rule 110 in CROR states all employees doing track work are required to inspect passing trains and let the train crew know the results. There wasn't 1 assistant roadmaster, track maintenance crew or signal maintainer working for 20+ miles. That's impossible. I'm sticking with the conductor and hoghead ignored multiple warnings from more than 1 source. Can their asses.

Shen Li

Quote from: Guest post_id=495148 time=1677830993

item 22.0:

So you're fine with the people who employed them getting off scot free, I get that. You've made it abundantly clear that you think all the responsibility rests with the train operator, and that anyone in a higher position is utterly exempt from any recourse, even should they coerce the aforementioned operator under threat of negative performance review, their job or anything else we might care to name. These people are utterly beyond reproach and are at perfect liberty to employ any random yahoo they like and metaphorically whip them into cutting any and all corners, safe in the knowledge that when things fuck up, it's the operator's ass on the line, not the management, yes?

This is where I'd announce "don't call us, we'll call you." And file your job application in the round file the minute you were out the door.

So you're fine with train crews who knowingly break federal inspection rules. Expect more East Palestines and Lac Megantics.

Shen Li

Quote from: Blazor post_id=495168 time=1677861805 user_id=2221
Quote from: Herman post_id=495134 time=1677806635 user_id=3396

Keep an open mind brother. Shady shit been going on for a while now. Time to "put your glasses on". "Could" be unrelated, but why the sudden change, after around 30 years of not changing it. If it smells fishy, odds are its either fishy, or its SeaQueens asshole  :

Does shady shit include cowboy running trades crews who blatantly break federal rail rules and cause deadly derailments? I know, they got a scumbag union that will protect their lazy, incompetent asses. All will be well for them.

caskur

Doh.... I will drink rain water from my rain water tank...

Water has ALWAYS concerned me. PERTH IS ON WATER RESTRICTIONS 365 DAYS A YEAR AND HAS BEEN FOR A DECADE.

Alcoa needs to be sued.... a bloody fucking American was their spokesperson the other night on the news... Americans don't give a shit ABOUT  their own country let alone ours.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol