Replies: 8416
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:46:34 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

TRAGIC Mass Shooting near Lokmeer's home state

Started by JOE, April 11, 2023, 11:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Odinson

He was probably forced to kneel to blacks and attend a inclusivity seminar... He refused and got fired.

He then decided to do some firing of his own.

JOE

Quote from: DKG post_id=497867 time=1681677219 user_id=3390
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=497832 time=1681654780 user_id=3389

Wrong about pensions. You can collect CPP and OAS abroad. You can't collect GIS abroad.

This is true. There are tens of thousands of Canadians retired abroad and collecting CPP and OAS. With OAS you had to have lived in Canada for forty years to get the full six hundred plus per month.

As for heath care:

If you plan to be outside Canada for more than seven months in any 12-month period you can keep your OHIP coverage for up to two years if you:

have a valid health card

make Ontario your primary home

will be in Ontario for at least 153 days a year in each of the two years immediately before you leave the country

Thanks for the info, DKG

Are there any exception for Canadians living abroad and exceeding those limits which allows them to continue receiving benefits?

Or else do they just lose access to healthcare, pensions, etc?

Shen Li

Quote from: JOE post_id=498547 time=1682182451 user_id=97
Quote from: DKG post_id=497867 time=1681677219 user_id=3390

This is true. There are tens of thousands of Canadians retired abroad and collecting CPP and OAS. With OAS you had to have lived in Canada for forty years to get the full six hundred plus per month.

As for heath care:

If you plan to be outside Canada for more than seven months in any 12-month period you can keep your OHIP coverage for up to two years if you:

have a valid health card

make Ontario your primary home

will be in Ontario for at least 153 days a year in each of the two years immediately before you leave the country

Thanks for the info, DKG

Are there any exception for Canadians living abroad and exceeding those limits which allows them to continue receiving benefits?

I'm moving from a third world country(Canada) to a civilized first world country(Singapore) with good health care, thererfore I don't give a fuck.

JOE

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=498549 time=1682182757 user_id=3389
Quote from: JOE post_id=498547 time=1682182451 user_id=97

Thanks for the info, DKG

I'm moving from a third world country(Canada) to a civilized first world country(Singapore) with good health care, thererfore I don't give a fuck.

You seem like you would be much happier in Singapore, Shen.

It seems more sino- or Chinese oriented with the foods and culture you like.

I imagine that someone born in China and coming here might feel alienated here.

However maybe you're children will find it difficult to adjust given the rather lax social mores in Canada.

I understand that Singappore ix extremely regimented.

But you being the more conservative type might find it to your liking.