The best topic

Replies: 8464
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:36:03 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Garraty_47

I STILL dont wear my seatbelt!

Started by Lokmar, May 06, 2023, 11:37:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Lokmar

And fuck ALL of you cunt cawksukerz who have a problem with it!!!!

Melson Gibson

I often don't belt up properly either (I find seat belts to be extremely uncomfortable).  But because the cops kept hassling me about it, I had to come up with a solution.  Large commercial vehicles have a 'Komfort Latch' that allow you to lock the belt out at any length.  There are somewhat similar devices available for cars too, that clip onto the belt.  Then you can just drape the belt over your shoulder loosely without even buckling it up, so no chafing, but from outward appearances it looks like I am belted in...

https://i.ibb.co/MSJGYF1/Komfort-Latch-Tight-1.jpg">

Anonymous

Seat belts don't bother me. I don't think twice about it. I only take them off while driving to take off a sweater or Jacket.

Lokmar

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=499994 time=1683431863 user_id=3397
I often don't belt up properly either (I find seat belts to be extremely uncomfortable).  But because the cops kept hassling me about it, I had to come up with a solution.  Large commercial vehicles have a 'Komfort Latch' that allow you to lock the belt out at any length.  There are somewhat similar devices available for cars too, that clip onto the belt.  Then you can just drape the belt over your shoulder loosely without even buckling it up, so no chafing, but from outward appearances it looks like I am belted in...

https://i.ibb.co/MSJGYF1/Komfort-Latch-Tight-1.jpg">

Thats a pretty cool gadget!

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=499997 time=1683438260 user_id=3351
Thats a pretty cool gadget!

Yep!  It's the only way I can tolerate 'wearing' a seat belt.  The commercial truck ones are actually fastened to the interior, but Amazon and most likely any big box automotive store will carry the non-permanently affixed style which I use.  They're like $5.00.

Then you can look like you're wearing your belt, without actually having the damn thing chafing you!

https://i.ibb.co/7tQ4B0R/51h-YZRW9g-IL-AC-SL1000.jpg">

DKG

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=499993 time=1683430669 user_id=3351

The beeping would drive me batty.

Lokmar

Quote from: DKG post_id=500018 time=1683484389 user_id=3390
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=499993 time=1683430669 user_id=3351

The beeping would drive me batty.

Dodge vehicles are the worst. GM's ding the least amount. No more than 2 minutes. Most of the time, I dont even hear the noise.  I do have to tell people to fuck off now and then tho. My older kids fuck with me about it, asking "whats that dinging noise?" "Is there something wrong with the car?"

Odinson

I dont always wear the seatbelt... If I like leave the store and head home, I dont wear seatbelt most of the time.

But incase of any kind of collision, you are fucked without a seatbelt.

Lokmar

Quote from: Odinson post_id=500023 time=1683484939 user_id=136
I dont always wear the seatbelt... If I like leave the store and head home, I dont wear seatbelt most of the time.

But incase of any kind of collision, you are fucked without a seatbelt.

I've been in several accidents. Never bad enough to get hurt from no belt.

If I'm on the companies clock, I wear a belt. When I'm racing, I wear a belt.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=500020 time=1683484629 user_id=3351
Dodge vehicles are the worst. GM's ding the least amount. No more than 2 minutes. Most of the time, I dont even hear the noise.  I do have to tell people to fuck off now and then tho. My older kids fuck with me about it, asking "whats that dinging noise?" "Is there something wrong with the car?"

There's a procedure on the Fords that I own and have owned that will disable the warning chime and dash warning light.  On other makes where this isn't possible, some guys will grab the male buckle part from a junkyard and just leave that plugged into the buckle...

Anonymous

I disconnected the wire under the seat of the ranger. When I brought the truck in to fix the heat they reconnected it, as well as put fuses in for the horn and interior light even though I didn't ask them to.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Edward post_id=500043 time=1683505249
I disconnected the wire under the seat of the ranger. When I brought the truck in to fix the heat they reconnected it, as well as put fuses in for the horn and interior light even though I didn't ask them to.

Ford makes it easy to disable the feature.  This is for F150's, but I believe my Ranger used the exact same method.  This should be in your owners manual.  It's probably better to use this method, since disconnecting wires may affect the airbags...

https://i.ibb.co/vmHpdjx/Capture.png">

Lokmar

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=500052 time=1683506563 user_id=3397
Quote from: Edward post_id=500043 time=1683505249

Ford makes it easy to disable the feature.  This is for F150's, but I believe my Ranger used the exact same method.  This should be in your owners manual.  It's probably better to use this method, since disconnecting wires may affect the airbags...

https://i.ibb.co/vmHpdjx/Capture.png">

As previously stated, my proceedure is I hop in the car, start it, drive off, and wait for as long as it takes for the ding to stop.  :laugh3:

Anonymous

My truck was recalled for the airbag years ago. I never brought it in. They send letters now and then asking me to bring it in. Apparently a metal piece explodes when the passenger airbag is triggered and it blasts out, potentially killing people.

Thiel

Quote from: Edward post_id=500063 time=1683513041
My truck was recalled for the airbag years ago. I never brought it in. They send letters now and then asking me to bring it in. Apparently a metal piece explodes when the passenger airbag is triggered and it blasts out, potentially killing people.

Jo Jo is my boyfriend.
gay, conservative and proud

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview