Replies: 7345
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 16, 2024, 10:59:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

This woke shit

Started by Erica Mena, May 17, 2023, 11:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman

A Nebraska woman who underwent a sex-change surgery at the age of 16 is suing the medical practitioners who cut off her breasts, left her in a constant state of pain, and likely rendered her infertile.

Luka Hein's complaint, filed Wednesday in the District Court of Douglas County, Nebraska, accuses University of Nebraska Medical Center and UNMC medical practitioners Dr. Jean Amoura, Dr. Perry Johnson, Dr. Stephan Barrientos, and therapist Megan Smith-Sallan of malpractice, alleging their "misleading descriptions and false claims" pertaining to sex-change mutilations were in violation of the state's Consumer Protection Act.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

DKG

Even as Americans endure the financial burden of high gas prices, a group of Democratic lawmakers is pushing climate alarmism by pressing the Fed to require financial institutions to cease fossil fuel financing.

The Democrats who signed the letter include Sens. Ed Markey of Massachusetts, Martin Heinrich of New Mexico, Bernie Sanders of Vermont, Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, Brian Schatz of Hawaii, and Jeff Merkley of Oregon, as well as Reps. Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Barbara Lee of California, and André Carson of Indiana.

Lokmar

Quote from: DKG on September 19, 2023, 04:02:40 PMEven as Americans endure the financial burden of high gas prices, a group of Democratic lawmakers is pushing climate alarmism by pressing the Fed to require financial institutions to cease fossil fuel financing.

The Democrats who signed the letter include Sens. Ed Markey of Massachusetts, Martin Heinrich of New Mexico, Bernie Sanders of Vermont, Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, Brian Schatz of Hawaii, and Jeff Merkley of Oregon, as well as Reps. Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Barbara Lee of California, and André Carson of Indiana.

It should be illegal to coerce banks not to do business with certain entities.
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Oerdin

Indeed.  It should also be illegal for financial institutions to close accounts on people unless they first did something wrong.
Agree Agree x 2 View List

DKG

Mississippi's auditor characterized several social science and humanities degree programs as "indoctrination factories," claiming that the state should reduce funds to many college majors and instead lend support to the subjects that match the state's workforce needs.

Shad White, Mississippi's State Auditor, suggested in a recent report that the state needs to change the way it approaches funding for its public universities. One of the suggestions he made was linking public investment to workforce needs, instead of treating every degree program as the same, according to the Associated Press.

White claimed that there are many degrees currently offered that are "useless degrees" in "garbage fields." Some of the degrees he said needed to go were Anthropology, African American Studies, Gender Studies, Women's Studies, German Literature, Sociology, and Urban Studies. He suggested that some of these degrees are fertile ground for political radicalization, according to the report.

White's report said that it could be beneficial to elevate certain majors over others. It appears that the primary concern in the state is that students get their degrees in Mississippi, but then flee the state to look for more well-paying jobs and wider cultural opportunities. The report noted that one way to stop this is to have the state fund degree programs with higher earning potential right after graduation, such as business management and engineering.

The proposed degree cuts would manifest in the social sciences, humanities, and arts that are not financially advantageous to the southern state, White said. He went on to point out that a 2023 Texas law bases funding for community colleges on "measurable outcomes," such as the amount of degrees attained in high-demand fields.

Though White does not have the power to dictate how education funding is dispersed, the state legislature has previously used reports provided by the state's auditor to evaluate how the government is spending taxpayer money.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/mississippi-auditor-proposes-cutting-useless-degrees-that-are-fertile-ground-for-political-radicalization?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New-Trending-Story_WEEKEND%202023-09-23&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Breaking%20News

This is  overdue.

Reggie Essent

Quote from: Lokmar on September 19, 2023, 08:01:19 PMIt should be illegal to coerce banks not to do business with certain entities.

It's called "fascism," Loks.

DKG

Quote from: Reggie Essent on September 23, 2023, 05:55:10 PMIt's called "fascism," Loks.
And it is working to limit choice, investment growth, and job opportunities.

Reggie Essent

Quote from: DKG on September 23, 2023, 06:04:18 PMAnd it is working to limit choice, investment growth, and job opportunities.

And it is Tyranny.

Tyrants deserve death.

When Marcus Junius Brutus stabbed Julius Caesar on the floor of the Roman Curia (the Senate House) it is written that he shouted "Sic Semper Tyrannis" which roughly translates as "Thus always for Tyrants." The United States Marine Corps took that phrase as their motto, but that's probably not what Brutus shouted as he killed Caesar.  He probably shouted "Mortem ad Tyrannis!"  Death to Tyrants, because that's what the Romans shouted when they overthrew and killed their last King 400 odd years before.

History repeats.  Tyranny is on the rise.

... and yes, avatar_Odinson, I do think about the Roman Empire quite often.  Kind of a hobby.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: Oerdin on September 20, 2023, 11:50:45 AMIndeed.  It should also be illegal for financial institutions to close accounts on people unless they first did something wrong.
It should be illegal for financial institutions to unilaterally close accounts on people... period.

And it is; it's a breach of contract.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Oerdin

Quote from: DKG on September 23, 2023, 05:05:40 PMMississippi's auditor characterized several social science and humanities degree programs as "indoctrination factories," claiming that the state should reduce funds to many college majors and instead lend support to the subjects that match the state's workforce needs.

Shad White, Mississippi's State Auditor, suggested in a recent report that the state needs to change the way it approaches funding for its public universities. One of the suggestions he made was linking public investment to workforce needs, instead of treating every degree program as the same, according to the Associated Press.

White claimed that there are many degrees currently offered that are "useless degrees" in "garbage fields." Some of the degrees he said needed to go were Anthropology, African American Studies, Gender Studies, Women's Studies, German Literature, Sociology, and Urban Studies. He suggested that some of these degrees are fertile ground for political radicalization, according to the report.

White's report said that it could be beneficial to elevate certain majors over others. It appears that the primary concern in the state is that students get their degrees in Mississippi, but then flee the state to look for more well-paying jobs and wider cultural opportunities. The report noted that one way to stop this is to have the state fund degree programs with higher earning potential right after graduation, such as business management and engineering.

The proposed degree cuts would manifest in the social sciences, humanities, and arts that are not financially advantageous to the southern state, White said. He went on to point out that a 2023 Texas law bases funding for community colleges on "measurable outcomes," such as the amount of degrees attained in high-demand fields.

Though White does not have the power to dictate how education funding is dispersed, the state legislature has previously used reports provided by the state's auditor to evaluate how the government is spending taxpayer money.
https://www.theblaze.com/news/mississippi-auditor-proposes-cutting-useless-degrees-that-are-fertile-ground-for-political-radicalization?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=New-Trending-Story_WEEKEND%202023-09-23&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Breaking%20News

This is  overdue.

Honestly, just cancel all student aid for social "sciences" as there is nothing scientific about them plus they don't produce any needed job skills

Oerdin

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on September 24, 2023, 12:17:15 AMIt should be illegal for financial institutions to unilaterally close accounts on people... period.

And it is; it's a breach of contract.
If they commit a crime like money laundering or knowingly writing bad checks or failing to repay loans then they should have their accounts closed.  Other than that we agree though.

Herman

Quote from: Oerdin on September 24, 2023, 01:08:50 AMHonestly, just cancel all student aid for social "sciences" as there is nothing scientific about them plus they don't produce any needed job skills
Damn straight.

Herman

Quote from: Oerdin on September 24, 2023, 01:12:13 AMIf they commit a crime like money laundering or knowingly writing bad checks or failing to repay loans then they should have their accounts closed.  Other than that we agree though.
Even then, it should only be through a court order.

caskur

Quote from: Reggie Essent on September 23, 2023, 05:55:10 PMIt's called "fascism," Loks.

puritism ... then it was neo nazi, now neo puritism.

It has to be stopped now.

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: Oerdin on September 24, 2023, 01:12:13 AMIf they commit a crime like money laundering or knowingly writing bad checks or failing to repay loans then they should have their accounts closed.  Other than that we agree though.
I was thinking that as I hit submit, though it probably should be noted that if you are involving your financial institution to commit those kinds of crime, then reasonably it is you that is in violation of the contract and the financial institution could make a case that the contract is null and void. As Herman says "through a court order".

So if I might, I think we're all three of us on the same page here. Expressing an ideological difference and on a platform independent of the bank isn't grounds for closure. They were happy to take the money in the first place and use if as part of their financial dealings. Ripping the rug after the fact for no better reason other than "you said something we disagree with" is a crime in and of itself.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles