Erica Mena

Yes pre built

Not trying to buy something cheaply made
<t></t>

Odinson

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=501538 time=1684874952 user_id=2845
Yes pre built

Its cheaper to order the components separately online and then assemble the PC yourself.

You get a lot more powerful PC with the same amount of money.

Anonymous

I'd say Apple or Dell.  Since games are involved, I'd say Dell.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=501530 time=1684872477 user_id=2845
Good for gaming and video editing.

Buy trailing edge, consider your options  when it comes to things like manufacturer refurbs, open box and possibly imports.

Do NOT buy from a box store unless you really cannot be arsed getting the best bang for your buck.

Familiarize yourself with the specs of what you are after. You are buying for gaming and video editing, that means 16 GB RAM system memory minimum and a video card with dedicated memory of its own (the more the merrier). Anyone who tries to sell you on the idea of CPU graphics, just nod politely and smile... and shop somewhere else.

Hewlett Packard is AIDS. Caveat emptor and all that shit. I've personally had more joy with brands like Asus, Acer and Dell, but that was in a laptop environment, not desktop. I like portability and am prepared to sacrifice a little performance for it.

You didn't mention which games you were intending to play. That can influence what configuration you're aiming for, and different games play nicely with different setups. Hit up YouTurd for gamer recommendations and see what's out there that applies to your case.

For instance....

">

...I am currently considering for mounting in my bug-out van for when I'm on the road, but it might also function as a basic gaming and editing rig in a desktop environment. There are of course juicier rigs you can get, especially when you start getting into the five figure range, it really depends on how much you are prepared to spend and what use cases you have planned for it.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: Odinson post_id=501539 time=1684875538 user_id=136
Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=501538 time=1684874952 user_id=2845
Yes pre built

Its cheaper to order the components separately online and then assemble the PC yourself.

She knows this, she also knows she's not tech savvy to the level of picking out individual components and assembling them. No shame in that, but you're right - buying pre-made carries a labour component that presupposes a cut in performance.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Odinson

Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=501588 time=1684919225 user_id=3409
Quote from: Odinson post_id=501539 time=1684875538 user_id=136

She knows this, she also knows she's not tech savvy to the level of picking out individual components and assembling them. No shame in that, but you're right - buying pre-made carries a labour component that presupposes a cut in performance.

It is an awful waste of money... You dont have to be tech savvy to put things together since they are basically plug&play.

There is a 800 to 1000 euro difference between prebuilt and DIY.

You can update the Intel i7-13700k to i9-13900k.

And the RTX 4070 Ti to 4090 OC.

Erica Mena

Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=501587 time=1684918910 user_id=3409
Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=501530 time=1684872477 user_id=2845
Good for gaming and video editing.

Buy trailing edge, consider your options  when it comes to things like manufacturer refurbs, open box and possibly imports.

Do NOT buy from a box store unless you really cannot be arsed getting the best bang for your buck.

Familiarize yourself with the specs of what you are after. You are buying for gaming and video editing, that means 16 GB RAM system memory minimum and a video card with dedicated memory of its own (the more the merrier). Anyone who tries to sell you on the idea of CPU graphics, just nod politely and smile... and shop somewhere else.

Hewlett Packard is AIDS. Caveat emptor and all that shit. I've personally had more joy with brands like Asus, Acer and Dell, but that was in a laptop environment, not desktop. I like portability and am prepared to sacrifice a little performance for it.

You didn't mention which games you were intending to play. That can influence what configuration you're aiming for, and different games play nicely with different setups. Hit up YouTurd for gamer recommendations and see what's out there that applies to your case.

For instance....

">

...I am currently considering for mounting in my bug-out van for when I'm on the road, but it might also function as a basic gaming and editing rig in a desktop environment. There are of course juicier rigs you can get, especially when you start getting into the five figure range, it really depends on how much you are prepared to spend and what use cases you have planned for it.

It's for the kid. She edits videos and plays games like Genshin Impact.  The current laptop (Gateway) is still running smoothly and I bought it in 2021. It runs good cuz I don't let her download whatever she wants.

I'm going to buy an external fan for now, just til I figure out which pc to buy.
<t></t>

Odinson

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=501608 time=1684940614 user_id=2845
Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=501587 time=1684918910 user_id=3409

For instance....

">

It's for the kid. She edits videos and plays games like Genshin Impact.  The current laptop (Gateway) is still running smoothly and I bought it in 2021. It runs good cuz I don't let her download whatever she wants.

I'm going to buy an external fan for now, just til I figure out which pc to buy.

Acer Predator Orion 5000.

4K gameplay for Genshin impact with ray-tracing on.

You want something with Nvidia RTX 4000 series GPU and Intel 13th generation CPU.

Plus 32gb of DDR5 ram.

Plus at least 1 terabyte of SSD memory because you need space for the installed games.

The Quartering advertises an American company called "MetaPCs" and their Pyramid shaped PC has excellent specs plus it looks awesome.

2800 Dollars.

caskur

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Erica Mena

Ty! Now I know what to look for!
<t></t>

Erica Mena

Shitttttt...this kid better save up for a year lol.
<t></t>

Odinson

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=501615 time=1684943499 user_id=2845
Shitttttt...this kid better save up for a year lol.

The PCs I mentioned are really high end and expensive.

But you can get good performance with lower cost.

Just give me the price range.

Erica Mena

1k - 1200

Her ass better be an angel for this lol
<t></t>