Total votes: : 3

Last post: July 04, 2024, 11:20:11 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Finally upgraded my O/S...

Started by Melson Gibson, July 08, 2023, 10:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=506092 time=1688870997 user_id=3397
That old NT shit just wasn't working well anymore.

https://i.ibb.co/HGsSSGh/Capture.png">

I'm setting up a Windows 7 machine as we speak, no network access and purely for accessing my archived files from. With Microsoft, Apple and Google moving to more intrusive policies regarding the content of devices running their more recent operating systems, I'm thinking the minor headache of copying movies, music and various texts to a thumbdrive for consumption on these newer platforms is a small price to pay for not waking up some morning to find my digital library has been decimated overnight "because reasons".
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

JOE

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=506094 time=1688871889 user_id=2845
I'm buying myself an IMac for Christmas. I miss the desktop experience

I wanna get a 2019 Mac Pro.

Those can run Mac Windows and Linux nativelly.

https://photos5.appleinsider.com/gallery/33920-60357-Mac-Pro-and-Accessories-xl.jpg">

Apple recently discontinued them & they used to sell for as much as $70,000.

But now they're like $15,000.So tthey're dropping in price

Hopefully by next year they'll drop in price like a rock.

Get one for $5,000

Melson Gibson

Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=506439 time=1688984141 user_id=3409
I'm setting up a Windows 7 machine as we speak, no network access and purely for accessing my archived files from. With Microsoft, Apple and Google moving to more intrusive policies regarding the content of devices running their more recent operating systems, I'm thinking the minor headache of copying movies, music and various texts to a thumbdrive for consumption on these newer platforms is a small price to pay for not waking up some morning to find my digital library has been decimated overnight "because reasons".

Nothing wrong with 7 at all.  It's the O/S system I currently use.  For everything.  I will not utilize an O/S that was designed for phones.

Run Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate, which has Windows XP built in (like in my image here) for true retro feelz!