Replies: 8528
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:05:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Dove

Finally upgraded my O/S...

Started by Melson Gibson, July 08, 2023, 10:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melson Gibson

That old NT shit just wasn't working well anymore.

https://i.ibb.co/HGsSSGh/Capture.png">

Erica Mena

I'm buying myself an IMac for Christmas. I miss the desktop experience
<t></t>

Frood

I retrieved from my house the largely unused tower werepenguin graciously built for me a couple of years ago, and with software help/advice from an equally gracious old-timer, it's going now.

Just need to set up and plug that mf'er in one of these days.... lol
Blahhhhhh...

DKG

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=506094 time=1688871889 user_id=2845

I never thought I would, but I miss it too.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=506094 time=1688871889 user_id=2845

Desktop is the only way.  I demand a proper keyboard, proper display, proper mouse, proper speakers, etc.

caskur

Desk tops are the best but phones are great for typing out a post as well.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Melson Gibson

Quote from: caskur post_id=506258 time=1688934858 user_id=2156

Phones suck for typing anything out.  In fact, phones suck for forums in general.  It's much easier to navigate things with a proper desktop, or even a laptop.

Odinson

I've gotten better at typing with my phone over the years.

But I must say that looking up something in the net is much easier with a desktop.

The desktop is just easier PERIOD.

DKG

Quote from: Odinson post_id=506262 time=1688936167 user_id=136
I've gotten better at typing with my phone over the years.

But I must say that looking up something in the net is much easier with a desktop.

The desktop is just easier PERIOD.

Yes, they are.

caskur

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=506260 time=1688934996 user_id=3397
Quote from: caskur post_id=506258 time=1688934858 user_id=2156

Phones suck for typing anything out.  In fact, phones suck for forums in general.  It's much easier to navigate things with a proper desktop, or even a laptop.

Well I have a stylis pen end that makes tapping out a post pretty comfortable plus it corrects my typos and or spelling mistakes as I plough through.

The desktop is easier for pictures.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: caskur post_id=506411 time=1688970048 user_id=2156
Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=506260 time=1688934996 user_id=3397

Well I have a stylis pen end that makes tapping out a post pretty comfortable plus it corrects my typos and or spelling mistakes as I plough through.

I got a large screened smartphone with 14 gigs of RAM a few years ago, and I find I can do anything and everything easier with it.... including jacking it into a huge monitor and keyboard.

Everything in my pocket...
Blahhhhhh...

caskur

Quote from: Frood post_id=506413 time=1688972236 user_id=1676
Quote from: caskur post_id=506411 time=1688970048 user_id=2156

I got a large screened smartphone with 14 gigs of RAM a few years ago, and I find I can do anything and everything easier with it.... including jacking it into a huge monitor and keyboard.

Go to the thread, This and That,... I posted pictures for you....you never acknowledged them.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

ps, I cannot load a camera to phones... I need a desktop for that.. Phone photography isn't as good as a camera.
- Andy Warhol

Frood

Quote from: caskur post_id=506415 time=1688973571 user_id=2156
Quote from: Frood post_id=506413 time=1688972236 user_id=1676

Go to the thread, This and That,... I posted pictures for you....you never acknowledged them.

I've seen them before. Didn't know I had to re-acknowledge them.
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Sorry, different pictures... but I saw those too and nodded.
Blahhhhhh...