The best topic

Replies: 8352
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 08:15:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

The USSC strikes down Affirmative Action

Started by JOE, June 29, 2023, 12:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree with the USSC decision to strike down Affirmative Action?

Yes
12 (92.3%)
Partially but not entirely
1 (7.7%)
No
0 (0%)
I don't know
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: July 06, 2023, 12:09:00 PM

JOE

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Herman

Herman

There is some wiggle room in Supreme Court decision for universities to sneak in some racial discrimination. There could be more decisions from the court to come.

Shen Li

It was legalized racist discrimination against Asian-Americans.

DKG

I usualy do not respond to Joe threads, but I will make an exception for this one.

There is not much that unites the Asian North American community, but this is probably the only issue where we speak with one voice. From eighteen year old Sanders supporters in suburban San Francisco to almost fifty year old fiscal hawks like me, all Asians in North America support the SC's decision in  overturning this obvious injustice.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Probably because a meritocracy works better than pushing mental midgets to the front of the queue, just putting that out there.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Odinson

Frood

Joe is a low functioning autistic... case closed.
Blahhhhhh...

DKG

Quote from: Odinson post_id=504809 time=1688122772 user_id=136
The retard treatment action.

It treats the people who it is supposed to help like they are retarded.

caskur

Quote from: JOE post_id=504762 time=1688054940 user_id=97
">

Good MeAgain Markle shouldn't have gone to College....Only smart people are supposed to go to colleged.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Oliver Clotheshoffe

If the media would stop bringing up racism every five minutes it just might disappear.
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Herman

Quote from: caskur post_id=504833 time=1688136226 user_id=2156
Quote from: JOE post_id=504762 time=1688054940 user_id=97
">

Only smart people are supposed to go to colleged.

That sure as hell aint the case.

Herman

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=504838 time=1688137343 user_id=3349
If the media would stop bringing up racism every five minutes it just might disappear.

That is why they will not stop bringing up racism every five minutes.

JOE

I support some form of Affirmative action.

However, it should be economically rather than racially based.

A rich Black student doesn't need Affirmative action such as Obama's daughters.

In fact a poor white might need it a lot more than them.

I belieive before AA was overturned in the US, it was technically possible for a wealthy Black person to gain  admission to top universities even tho they didn't need it.

I think that was a major flaw of Affirmative action.

and It never addressed regional disparities nor required that its beneficiaries had to give back.

However, I still think that to address economic and regional disparities, some form of AA is still needed.

If only rich or  upper middle class kids get into medical or dental schools from no own, who's gonna wanna practice in places like rural; Georgia? Or a remote village in Northern Alaska.

For sure, AA needed a major overhaul tho.

I think they shoulda still kept it, but mandated that its beneficiaries had to do time where they are needed

say a minimum 15 years service in a remote or underserviced area or state.

Somewhat akin to ROTC graduates who have get their tuition/room and board paid for, but once graduated, they have to serve wherever Uncle Same/US government sends them.