Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Hypocrisy

Started by DKG, July 07, 2023, 11:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKG

Ben & Jerry's is among the companies whose supply chains utilize migrant child labor, often in violation of child labor laws, despite the company's self-proclaimed progressive values and vowing to "honor and stand with" immigrants.

A New York Times expose, released earlier this week, interviewed more than 100 migrant children in more than 20 states "who described jobs that were grinding them into exhaustion, and fears that they had become trapped in circumstances they never could have imagined." The report detailed children as young as 13 working 12-hour days, often overnight shifts before going to school during the day, in order to survive.

The report said migrant children are employed in the supply chain for major companies like Walmart, Target, Whole Foods, Ford, General Motors and Ben & Jerry's, among others.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ben-jerrys-suppliers-use-migrant-child-labor-despite-companys-progressive-values">https://www.foxnews.com/media/ben-jerry ... ive-values">https://www.foxnews.com/media/ben-jerrys-suppliers-use-migrant-child-labor-despite-companys-progressive-values

On top of this Ben and Jerry have not given the land their headquarters is on in Vermont to a local Aboriginal tribe.

Frood

Only bought their shit once as a gift for my wife's birthday.

Will never ever ever ever ever ever EVER buy their shit again.

Overpriced and funds leftists...
Blahhhhhh...

Erica Mena

Cherry Garcia is my favorite ice cream
<t></t>

Biggie Smiles

I'm not a fan of icecream

never have been

Herman

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=505679 time=1688745283 user_id=3214

never have been

Anything sweet makes me sick.

Dove

I used to LOVE this ice cream but I haven't bought from that brand in years because of their retarded politics.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Herman post_id=505818 time=1688779980 user_id=3396
Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=505679 time=1688745283 user_id=3214

never have been

Anything sweet makes me sick.

Same here.  I went on keto about 15 years ago and never fully looked back.  Pure sugar disgusts me

DKG

Quote from: Dove post_id=505906 time=1688823104 user_id=3266
I used to LOVE this ice cream but I haven't bought from that brand in years because of their retarded politics.

I believe the parent company, Unilever will eventually clamp down on Ben and Jerry's influence on that particular subsidiary.

DKG

And here is why political activism is a terrible ice cream flavour.

Unilever stock lost about $2 billion in market capitalization amid calls to boycott Ben & Jerry's ice cream after the company posted a Fourth of July message saying the United States should hand Mount Rushmore over to Native Americans.

Shares of Unilever, the Anglo-Dutch multinational company, dropped about 0.5 percent on Friday, 0.8 percent on Thursday, and 0.5 the previous day. It's not clear if the drop was due to the calls to boycott Ben & Jerry's, which has been owned by Unilever since 2000.

It all started when the Vermont-based ice cream company wrote that "this 4th of July, it's high time we recognize that the US exists on stolen Indigenous land and commit to returning it," before it posted a link to a blog post asserting that the United States hand back the famed national monument with four presidents to native tribal assets.

DKG

The Meta company has reportedly spent millions of dollars for private security for Mark Zuckerberg. At the same time, the Facebook founder's foundation has allegedly funneled millions to groups dead-set on defunding the police.

Lokmar

Quote from: DKG post_id=506135 time=1688919527 user_id=3390
The Meta company has reportedly spent millions of dollars for private security for Mark Zuckerberg. At the same time, the Facebook founder's foundation has allegedly funneled millions to groups dead-set on defunding the police.

I saw that. That sorry assed cuck lives in constant fear. He should.

DKG

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=506137 time=1688920048 user_id=3351
Quote from: DKG post_id=506135 time=1688919527 user_id=3390

I saw that. That sorry assed cuck lives in constant fear. He should.

Protection for me, but not for thee.

DKG

Leonardo Do Caprio is reportedly in Italy — more specifically, the waters near the Italian shore – where he is vacationing on his yacht, as celebrities do.

For visits to the countryside, whether it be lunch or dinner or a nightclub, DiCaprio reportedly hops on a helicopter while aboard his luxury liner and heads to land — and back, of course.

La dolce vita at the expense of the environment? What would fellow celebrity climate activist Greta Thunberg say?

DiCaprio's shore excursions are short and anything but green, making his speeches about reducing carbon emissions all the more sanctimonious.

Oerdin

On the rare occasion I have ice cream I get a malt or milkshake at Handel's.  The boys have been trying to get me to take them to Classic's Malt Shop on Midway though. My wife swears by Salt & Straw.

There is a Baskin Robbins near our house but not even the youngest has wanted to go there for the last three years.  He calls it cheap ice cream that isn't as creamy as the good stuff.

DKG

Quote from: Oerdin post_id=506746 time=1689048152 user_id=3374
On the rare occasion I have ice cream I get a malt or milkshake at Handel's.  The boys have been trying to get me to take them to Classic's Malt Shop on Midway though. My wife swears by Salt & Straw.

No woke flavours of Ben & Jerry for you.