News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

I have evidence that women aren't logical thinkers.

Started by Melson Gibson, July 09, 2023, 06:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=506964 time=1689144463 user_id=3397
Quote from: Frood post_id=506956 time=1689133683 user_id=1676
I'm never going to retire... but I've never wanted to either.

I can drive anything....................

You and me both, brother.  Buying the property that I did, in the region I did, comes with sacrifice also.  That sacrifice is not finding the cushy and steady six figure jobs you'd find in the big cities here, with gold plated pensions, although those jobs are disappearing there also thanks to massive immigration numbers.

Canada Pension is a joke, and isn't enough to survive on, so I'll work until I die, or win the lottery.  I have the 12 Gauge pension plan ready to go if I find myself in a position that requires that.

As drivers/operators, we are in a position to work these machines into old age.  I chose this line of work knowing that I can do what I did at 20, at 80 if I have to.  I'll run the loader, the dump truck, whatever...  I'm not lifting shit, but I can operate your equipment with care.

Guess we're the same.

15 months ago I never encountered a skid steer, excavator, dozer, or dumper before...

But now I ride some of those and am really fucking good at some.
Blahhhhhh...

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Frood post_id=506966 time=1689146395 user_id=1676
Guess we're the same.

15 months ago I never encountered a skid steer, excavator, dozer, or dumper before...

I didn't know you were new to this!  

If you're good, you'll find work.  We could be dropped into the middle of the Congo Jungle, and still find work...

https://i.ibb.co/F8NxYh4/20230525-071922.jpg">

Frood

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=506967 time=1689147141 user_id=3397
Quote from: Frood post_id=506966 time=1689146395 user_id=1676
Guess we're the same.

I didn't know you were new to this!  

If you're good, you'll find work.  We could be dropped into the middle of the Congo Jungle, and still find work...

https://i.ibb.co/F8NxYh4/20230525-071922.jpg">

I've driven forklifts and heavy machinery around for most of my adult life... but hopping on a new machine while your boss gives you 3-5 minutes of instructions then leaves?

I find this shit hilarious.
Blahhhhhh...

Odinson

Modern loaders are easier because they only have one joystick that does everything.

You can only do one thing at a time with old loaders...

Maybe two things depending on how the levers are placed.

DKG

Quote from: Frood post_id=506956 time=1689133683 user_id=1676
Quote from: DKG post_id=506857 time=1689095378 user_id=3390

I am forty nine years oid and pretty comfortable with my life. My girlfriend and I both own our own condos and neither of us is willing to sell ours. We go to Florida every winter. In about seven or eight years I am going to retire there. At least six months of the year anyway.

Sounds comfortable and I don't discredit you or yours... but life is a hard trip when you're living it in the moment or are expecting goodness to filter through based on your best life choices up to that moment.

I'm never going to retire... but I've never wanted to either.

I just want to drop dead when I least expect it....as long as all the people I love and care about are OK and also not too much put out about it.

But I'd really love the CCP landing troops in Australia near my end days...

I can drive anything....................

I have always been focused on the future. Always preparing for it. It comes with my line of work.

Frood

Quote from: Odinson post_id=506973 time=1689148929 user_id=136
Modern loaders are easier because they only have one joystick that does everything.

You can only do one thing at a time with old loaders...

Maybe two things depending on how the levers are placed.

Modern front end loaders are easy as piss.
Blahhhhhh...