Last post: Today at 04:01:32 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Five people shot, three dead in Auckland, New Zealand Shooting

Started by DKG, July 20, 2023, 02:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lokmar

Quote from: Reggie_Essent post_id=508957 time=1689900851 user_id=3378
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=508947 time=1689899492 user_id=3351

Do the handguns have to be registered and do they have to be turned in to the government when you die?

"Registered?"

Oh yeah, that FOID thingie.  (Shrugs)  Never cared.  It's an infringement.  It's a "Shall Not" thing in the Constitution, therefore our Illinois Constitution of 1971 violates the US Constitution.

At least, that's what I'd argue if I ever get dragged into Court for owning weapons I don't have.  Who would have unregistered firearms when it's against the law to possess them?

:43(2):

Yea, Illinois is trying to be like Cucknadia. I'm supposed to register any AR's I might have starting in October. As if! LMFAO!

Lokmar

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=508960 time=1689901427 user_id=3397
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=508947 time=1689899492 user_id=3351
Do the handguns have to be registered and do they have to be turned in to the government when you die?

Yes, handguns have to be registered, with some old antiques being exempt from those requirements.

Under the new rules, an executor would be expected to turn the handguns over to the police upon your death, since at this time handguns can neither be bought nor sold, meaning they cannot be transferred over to anyone.

That said, our gun laws aren't set in stone, and any government can easily amend these rules, for better or for worse.

Oh, you can bet your sweet ass that they'll get worse and in 20 years, you'll be lucky to own bolt action .22LR's. Fuck, you already have to apply for a permit to transfer a gun from place to place, it has to be within a reasonable path (whatever they decide that means) to the destination, and the gun has to then be locked up and unloaded.

You people already lost the war. You're as fucked as those slaves in Australia.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=508962 time=1689901525 user_id=3351
Yea, Illinois is trying to be like Cucknadia. I'm supposed to register any AR's I might have starting in October. As if! LMFAO!

Never register anything you don't have to.  The only reason our "AR Style" prohibition isn't going to go as smoothly as they think it may, is because the majority of them didn't require registration.  The government literally doesn't know who owns what, and that's a good thing.

Lokmar

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=508965 time=1689901752 user_id=3397
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=508962 time=1689901525 user_id=3351

Never register anything you don't have to.  The only reason our "AR Style" prohibition isn't going to go as smoothly as they think it may, is because the majority of them didn't require registration.  The government literally doesn't know who owns what, and that's a good thing.

Yea, everyone I know to own AR's and such, I ask, are you going to register? They either say "HELL NO!" or "register what?".

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=508964 time=1689901696 user_id=3351
Fuck, you already have to apply for a permit to transfer a gun from place to place, it has to be within a reasonable path (whatever they decide that means) to the destination, and the gun has to then be locked up and unloaded.

That's just for handguns.  Basically they just want you to be traveling back and forth to gun ranges with it, and if you're moving you get an authorization to transport so if you're caught with a handgun in some weird place, you have a reason to possess it due to moving to new house.

Lokmar

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=508968 time=1689902093 user_id=3397
Quote from: Lokmar post_id=508964 time=1689901696 user_id=3351
Fuck, you already have to apply for a permit to transfer a gun from place to place, it has to be within a reasonable path (whatever they decide that means) to the destination, and the gun has to then be locked up and unloaded.

That's just for handguns.  Basically they just want you to be traveling back and forth to gun ranges with it, and if you're moving you get an authorization to transport so if you're caught with a handgun in some weird place, you have a reason to possess it due to moving to new house.

I guess I'd have to read it again but I thought that applied to any gun on the restricted list?

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=508969 time=1689902369 user_id=3351
I guess I'd have to read it again but I thought that applied to any gun on the restricted list?

Handguns are generally in the restricted class here (although there are prohibited handgun owners here too that have been Grandfathered in and can still shoot those handguns also).

The "AR style" ban actually prohibited these AR Style rifles, but with those there is no provision to use them, even at the range.  They literally cannot leave your house.

But, for these newly prohibited rifles, there is an amnesty period (currently until Oct. 2023, but it'll probably be extended, again) where simply possessing them won't lead to criminal charges, so you should be safe to throw it in your trunk trigger locked and in a locked case, and not have any problems if you're moving, which is the transport requirement for restricted/prohibited.

Melson Gibson

Our government really didn't think this through.  The new gun ban was implemented in May 2020, if you can believe that.  And here we are over three years later, still stuck in limbo.  There's been no buy-back scheme initiated, nothing.  They just keep extending the amnesty period.

And all John can do with his Mini-14 is handle it in his living room.

Thiel

After the mass shooting in Christchurch, didn't New Zealand pass very restrictive gun legislation?
gay, conservative and proud

Lokmar

Quote from: Thiel post_id=509018 time=1689914424 user_id=1688
After the mass shooting in Christchurch, didn't New Zealand pass very restrictive gun legislation?

Yea, that cunt PM pretty much banned a fuckload of stuff. Bet your ass though that plenty of Kiwi's still have AR rifles stowed away in case they need to mass murder their leaders.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=509022 time=1689914677 user_id=3351
Bet your ass though that plenty of Kiwi's still have AR rifles stowed away in case they need to mass murder their leaders.

Kiwi's had similar regs as we did, in that most of those 'AR Style' rifles didn't require registration, so like us, their government doesn't really know who owns what, and that's a good thing.

Thiel

Quote from: Thiel post_id=509018 time=1689914424 user_id=1688

Yea, that cunt PM pretty much banned a fuckload of stuff. Bet your ass though that plenty of Kiwi's still have AR rifles stowed away in case they need to mass murder their leaders.

People who want to keep their guns will not be enticed or threatend by buy back mandates.
gay, conservative and proud

Frood

Quote from: Thiel post_id=509030 time=1689915166 user_id=1688

People who want to keep their guns will not be enticed or threatend by buy back mandates.

Except Canadians, Australians, and UK residents.

They crumbled like chalk...
Blahhhhhh...

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Frood post_id=509041 time=1689919244 user_id=1676

You should educate yourself before speaking.  Nothing has been turned in, in this country.  And most likely nothing will ever be turned in.

Frood

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=509042 time=1689919547 user_id=3397
Quote from: Frood post_id=509041 time=1689919244 user_id=1676

You should educate yourself before speaking.  Nothing has been turned in, in this country.  And most likely nothing will ever be turned in.

So where did all the firearms deemed now or then illegal go afterwards? They simply didn't just vanish into thin air. Canadians enjoyed relatively unfettered access to all manner of firearms... now they don't.

Where did they all go, Lassie? Down the well with Timmy?
Blahhhhhh...