News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 7375
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Is it economical to mine bitcoin in the US sunbelt?

Started by JOE, August 04, 2023, 11:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

....such as Arizona, Nevada or Southern California?

This idea occurred to me when these places actually generate enough sunlight daily to power a small house or trailer using solar power.

So why not just get a small shack somewhere and hook up a dedicated computer to mine bitcoin for you?

No sense in shelling out $38,000 usd to buy a single bitcoin when you can potentially make one yourself is there?

What say you folks?

Has anyone here tried to mine bitcoin?

Is this idea viable?

Why not just buy a cheap piece of land in the desert and mine yer own bitcoins using solar power?

What are the downside of this idea?

Discuss

DKG

Why don't you move there, try it and report your findings to us. If it takes a few years, we will wait.

Frood

SlohomoJoe starts these sort of threads at various forums...

They're all devoid of logic.

In this instance, he doesn't understand the cost of energy vs PV and other green tech.

It would be hard to read if it wasn't so hilariously ridiculous.
Blahhhhhh...

Oerdin

California has the highest electricity rates in the country.  So, no.

DKG

Quote from: Frood on August 08, 2023, 05:42:38 AM
SlohomoJoe starts these sort of threads at various forums...

They're all devoid of logic.

In this instance, he doesn't understand the cost of energy vs PV and other green tech.

It would be hard to read if it wasn't so hilariously ridiculous.
He does it for attention.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: DKG on August 09, 2023, 11:12:56 AM
He does it for attention.
Right, but he could get that by slathering his naked body in PBJ and climbing into the baboon enclosure at his local zoo.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Lokmar

I mined Litecoin back in the day. I kept my coin in a wallet instead of leaving it in the pool account. The people running the  pool I was part of absconded with shitloads of coins a few months  after I left. I think I had a whopping 30 ish coins when I left.

Now, its not profitable to do with video cards. You'd have to buy ASIC mining cards and a bunch of them plus join a mining pool to make anything.

If you wanted to mine whatever bitcoin is left out there, you'd spend about as much or more than you'd make. The real money was already made by the people everyone said were idiots that bought up all the coins in the early days when they were cheap and never even bothered mining them ITFP.