The best topic

Replies: 7050
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:37:47 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Lined out threads

Started by DKG, August 09, 2023, 11:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

DKG

Can they be salvaged. They are some good threads that are ruined.

Biggie Smiles

Link me to them and I'll see what I can do

DKG

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on August 09, 2023, 11:40:02 PM
Link me to them and I'll see what I can do
Okay, I will start posting them here.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: DKG on August 10, 2023, 11:45:10 AM
Okay, I will start posting them here.

Cool.

It's definitely an HTML tag thing but requires post by post editing. Attempting to do it mass scale could wreck other areas of the forum

DKG

One thread I would like fixed is caskur's Australian Birds thread. I know she was frustrated it is all lined out.

https://thebluecashew.net/index.php/topic,9520.msg475215.html#msg475215

DKG

Biggie Smiles

Climate realism fixed

The Australian birds is a real motherfucker with all of those html tags

I tried a few pages and had to give up

my apologies to avatar_caskur

that is a good thread but unfortunately the two dissimilar software platforms have very different ways of rending images and there's no easy fix here

DKG

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on August 11, 2023, 11:43:05 PM
Climate realism fixed

The Australian birds is a real motherfucker with all of those html tags

I tried a few pages and had to give up

my apologies to avatar_caskur

that is a good thread but unfortunately the two dissimilar software platforms have very different ways of rending images and there's no easy fix here
Thanks Biggie. I know caskur will be disappointed. What I will do when I have some more time is start a new thread and repost some of caskur and Bricktop's pictures.

DKG

DKG

DKG

Quote from: RAVEN on August 31, 2023, 12:08:09 PMIt would be WONDERFUL if you could restore the chops thread.  So much good shit was lost :'(   PLEASE TRY.. thanks.
Yes.

deadskinmask

yeah.... i was kinda curious about that.... whats up with the lines? is that a virus or something.... lol....

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: RAVEN on August 31, 2023, 12:08:09 PMIt would be WONDERFUL if you could restore the chops thread.  So much good shit was lost :'(   PLEASE TRY.. thanks.

Got you

lemme look into it. I'll do my best  :good:
Love Love x 1 View List

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: deadskinmask on August 31, 2023, 12:11:30 PMyeah.... i was kinda curious about that.... whats up with the lines? is that a virus or something.... lol....

no... the way PHPBB and SMF handle BBC is vastly different and certain tags within a post, signature etc will cause this anomaly. Even the developers are stumped on an elegant way to fix it and thus it requires editing each offending post by hand one by one. :( 

Biggie Smiles

Link to the chops thread?

Working on three things simultaneously here