Replies: 7375
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

• The sad state of the community 5 0 5 1

The sad state of the community

Started by DKG, August 11, 2023, 01:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Lokmar on August 11, 2023, 05:32:33 PM
BF's goal has always been to be the ringmaster that haves both sides squabbling and then contacting him to bring out the ban hammer. The idiot has a serious god complex.

What do I base this on? BF personally imploring me to complain to him about aidsmans meme spam in retaliation for aidsman complaining about my insults to his gay ass.

No thanks. I aint a bitch type.

Dovey told me the same exact thing

His words to her and I quote 'give me a lib to sacrifice'

what the fuck? Read the goddamned threads for yourself asshole and take action based on what you see, not what some whiny pig like Oak is telling you

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Shen Li

Lokmar

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on August 11, 2023, 05:41:31 PM
Dovey told me the same exact thing

His words to her and I quote 'give me a lib to sacrifice'

what the fuck? Read the goddamned threads for yourself asshole and take action based on what you see, not what some whiny pig like Oak is telling you

Those stupid assed libs over there dont even realize they're licking his nuts 24/7. Fukin retardzzzzz.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Lokmar on August 11, 2023, 08:35:03 PM
Those stupid assed libs over there dont even realize they're licking his nuts 24/7. Fukin retardzzzzz.
Admongo and Holidork enjoy licking his nuts

and that would be the most action Poark has had in a decade

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: DKG on August 11, 2023, 02:21:09 PM
My posting history is not flame forums or DV. I am sure they were lively fifteen years ago, but I never saw them.
Mine is. They were.

Quote from: DKG on August 11, 2023, 02:21:09 PM
I came from Topix. I miss actual discussions like we had on Topix. The people who remain on these forums attack the messenger instead of the message. That is intellectual laziness and childish as it gets.

I could say the same of flaming, except that I don't really miss it. I was fortunate to be there at a time when the pool of talent wasn't overrun by mental children. That ended when Brawl Hall came along and threw it doors open to all comers purely for the purposes of marketing itself as "the best" because of traffic supremacy, rather than actual ability. What you recognise as flaming is in fact a more or less successful attempt to redefine the genre in much the same manner as words like "liberal". "vaccination" and "racism" were redefined. YHBT  and all.

Quote from: DKG on August 11, 2023, 02:21:09 PMMaybe, I have to accept what Renee did long ago. She said discussion and debate disappeared long ago on this medium. I don't know. I still think it is possible for a brief time before discussions get derailed with personal attacks.
Maybe, I'm not going to pretend it's off the table entirely but it will require you to pick through an awful amount of dead weight to find it I imagine. I'm inclined to think these things come in cycles; just how long it takes to get back to where we were twenty years ago might take as long as it took for us to get to this point.

And it may not. The pandemic did a lot to separate out the astute from the less intellectually endowed, the latter of which are dropping like flies in the whole "died suddenly" stakes. They're also by and large the kinds of people who are more predisposed to sterilise their own progeny in the name of "being woke", if they don't abort them outright. Breeding themnselves out of the gene pool in the process and leaving behind... what exactly?

That's right, my friend. As ugly as the landscape is now, you and others like you are in a position to build your own legacies. It's there if you wamt it, but you've got to want it. A society flourishes when its elderly plant the seeds of trees under whose shade they know they shall never sit. I know a select few that are doing just that; the future belongs to their descendants.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: Lokmar on August 11, 2023, 03:08:34 PM
All the ugly comes from years of these hard leftist assholes meme spamming, crying when their own tactics are used against them, and refusing to acknowledge when their logic has been revealed as incorrect or flawed. Its the equivalent of Trump being mean when they're insulted.

ACTUALLY having  a productive debate with most libtards is an unrealistic pipe dream. I've spent 25 years at least doing it in good faith and it was wholly unproductive. When you win a debate with them, they act like children and spam. I finally came to grips with this at Brains forum. As I recall, BTW, Brain would actually engage in productive debate but then the cretins would show up and derail it.
Right, well you're conversing with a former liberal here, so clearly the efforts weren't entirely unproductive. I say "former", in truth much of what it meant to be liberal got forgotten in the cancer you know as progressivism, leaving me to drift in the general direction of something better while those I once regarded as considerate of those around them galloped off in search of misguided and detrimental causes to champion. Let them hang themselves on it I reckon, I've my hands full keeping my sphere shipshape and above water. I can remain open to ideas and arguments that stand on their own merits and service my own world view accordingly.

I mean, I tried debating with them too. Like you, I found that their legs were often open, but their minds were always closed. Bra1n might have been open to debate once upon a time, but by the end of his run as owner of The Retard Farm he was as progressive as they come and treading paths all to similar to that of the owner of Bastard Factory. Ask Freud about the night of the 2016 election count, he can tell you his first hand experience there.
Like Like x 1 View List
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Lokmar

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on August 12, 2023, 04:36:01 AMRight, well you're conversing with a former liberal here, so clearly the efforts weren't entirely unproductive. I say "former", in truth much of what it meant to be liberal got forgotten in the cancer you know as progressivism, leaving me to drift in the general direction of something better while those I once regarded as considerate of those around them galloped off in search of misguided and detrimental causes to champion. Let them hang themselves on it I reckon, I've my hands full keeping my sphere shipshape and above water. I can remain open to ideas and arguments that stand on their own merits and service my own world view accordingly.

I mean, I tried debating with them too. Like you, I found that their legs were often open, but their minds were always closed. Bra1n might have been open to debate once upon a time, but by the end of his run as owner of The Retard Farm he was as progressive as they come and treading paths all to similar to that of the owner of Bastard Factory. Ask Freud about the night of the 2016 election count, he can tell you his first hand experience there.

Not many make it out of the liberal/progressive cesspool. Kudos to you!

DKG

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on August 12, 2023, 04:36:01 AMRight, well you're conversing with a former liberal
I still consider myself a liberal. I haven't changed, liberalism has.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: DKG on August 16, 2023, 03:18:52 PMI still consider myself a liberal. I haven't changed, liberalism has.
A key component that was removed was the belief that free speech was something to be fought for. "Free speech" as in the right for a person to say things another person may not necessarily like.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

- Biggie Smiles

DKG

Quote from: Adolf Oliver Bush on August 17, 2023, 03:41:33 AMA key component that was removed was the belief that free speech was something to be fought for. "Free speech" as in the right for a person to say things another person may not necessarily like.
Indeed.

Seamajor1

Quote from: DKG on August 16, 2023, 03:18:52 PMI still consider myself a liberal. I haven't changed, liberalism has.

Come on Amigo. Liberal means free and freedom. You like being controlled more.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

Thiel

Quote from: Seamajor1 on March 17, 2024, 12:12:15 PMCome on Amigo. Liberal means free and freedom. You like being controlled more.
Cancel culture is illiberal.
gay, conservative and proud

Seamajor1

Thiel

Quote from: Seamajor1 on March 17, 2024, 12:20:08 PMYou're funny. It's how I choose to live
Cancel culture is how you choose to live. That is fascism and it is what I have spent my life fighting against.
gay, conservative and proud

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview