Replies: 7564
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:29:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

Maui blaze now deadliest US wildfire in over 100 years

Started by DKG, August 14, 2023, 11:53:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKG

Vacationing President Joe Biden's recent reaction to being asked about the American tragedy in Hawaii has been deemed as "heartless" by many.

As of Sunday, the death toll had risen to 93 people, plus more than 1,000 are still missing, according to Newsweek. The Lahaina wildfire is the deadliest in the United States since the 1918 Cloquet fire that killed 453 people in drought-stricken northern Minnesota.

President Joe Biden spent the weekend vacationing at his beach home in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware.

On Sunday evening, Bloomberg White House correspondent Justin Sink wrote on Twitter, "After a couple hours on the Rehoboth beach, POTUS was asked about the rising death toll in Hawaii, 'No comment,' he said before heading home."
https://twitter.com/justinsink/status/1690861939746852864?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1690861939746852864%7Ctwgr%5Ed5987fd19e40604632364c636bd02860c0227df2%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theblaze.com%2Fnews%2Fmaui-wildfires-death-toll-biden-twitter-reactions

Oliver the Second

Where the hell are the National Guard? Isn't this what they're here for, to go in when disaster strikes and help out? Why aren't I hearing about them being deployed to Maui?

Oerdin

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: Oliver the Second on August 14, 2023, 03:34:25 PM
Where the hell are the National Guard? Isn't this what they're here for, to go in when disaster strikes and help out? Why aren't I hearing about them being deployed to Maui?
Because a good crisis should never be allowed to go to waste. I don't suppose you saw the footage of live powerlines being blown over in gale force winds on the 8th of August?

This event could have been prevented. It wasn't. The National Guard could be deployed to clean up the mess. They aren't.

Do the math.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles