Replies: 7375
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Electricity generation and EV debate with Gremlin

Started by DKG, August 30, 2023, 02:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oerdin

I mean what if I don't want my hypothetical electric car battery to be drained because I know I need to use it?  What if I paid for a home backup battery system for my house because I wanted to power MY house and not other people's houses?  Why is there no credit for the battery degradation repeated charges and deep discharges do to battery packs?  Why don't I get market rate for the electricity I would be supplying?  Add in that the problem was 100% to do with left wing politicians shutting down cheap and reliable power for their unscientific cult and you see why I oppose this despite understanding I need solar (and possibly a home backup battery or two) simply to escape the sky high continuous rate hikes those politicians are forcing onto everyone.

Shit, these communists are now in the process of passing a law so that scrubs (read welfare sucking Democrat voters who refuse to work) won't have to pay for electricity but everyone else has to pay much higher rates.  The rate per kwh keeps going up the more income you make too.  So if you use the same key as someone else he might pay nothing despite using far more total kwh while you pay 10 times the previous rate because "you have a good paying job so fuck you".
Sad Sad x 1 View List

Oerdin

It just pisses me off because I don't have a good paying job because of some mythical "white privilege" (BTW Asians are now white according to the Democraps) but because I made sure to qualify myself for a good paying job, actually did a good job, showed up on time, excelled at it because I wanted to build a good career and to have a good reputation in my industry.  Hell, my parents didn't give me a cent for college, I got good grades, applied for scholarships, held a part time job, and even joined the Army Reserve so that I was able to graduate with less than $10,000 in loan debt.  I paid that off in less than two years by living very far below my means, driving the same old paid off car for years and years, and basically saving everything possible.

That was also how I bought my first home in my 20's. So many other people were buying luxury cars, making fun of my old Toyota, going out to bars/eating out daily, while I deliberately stayed loving like a broke college student to save cash.  The reward?  I bought a house, rented out my spare rooms, and it was the "friends" who bought fancy cars and made fun of my old car who paid my mortgage via the rooms I rented to them.
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Oerdin on August 30, 2023, 08:10:04 PMIt just pisses me off because I don't have a good paying job because of some mythical "white privilege" (BTW Asians are now white according to the Democraps) but because I made sure to qualify myself for a good paying job, actually did a good job, showed up on time, excelled at it because I wanted to build a good career and to have a good reputation in my industry.  Hell, my parents didn't give me a cent for college, I got good grades, applied for scholarships, held a part time job, and even joined the Army Reserve so that I was able to graduate with less than $10,000 in loan debt.  I paid that off in less than two years by living very far below my means, driving the same old paid off car for years and years, and basically saving everything possible.

That was also how I bought my first home in my 20's. So many other people were buying luxury cars, making fun of my old Toyota, going out to bars/eating out daily, while I deliberately stayed loving like a broke college student to save cash.  The reward?  I bought a house, rented out my spare rooms, and it was the "friends" who bought fancy cars and made fun of my old car who paid my mortgage via the rooms I rented to them.
Democrats do not value such accomplishments because they demonstrate clearly the ability of the person to think for themselves and go against the grain.

it's that simple.

Reward the borg mentality so that they can end up with a pliable voting base that HAS the borg mentality

Best shielding from this infectious insanity is to seek temporary refuge in a state which still values such qualities. And I say temporary because the whole country is circling the drain right about now with Red states only comprising the tail end of the loaf. 

Either we take this country back by any means necessary or we enjoy life in the American sewer system democrats are creating.

Lokmar

Quote from: DKG on August 30, 2023, 04:35:39 PMAs I said in Shoutbox, if you want to talk about Trump(or Ron DeSantis) you should explain how either are germane to the discussion at hand. In this case we are talking about electricity pollcy and ev mandates. Since you brought up the Biden administration's abuse of power to block his main opponent and also school textbooks in Florida, please explain how either has any relevance to jacking up electricity costs with wind and solar subsidies or the unsustainability of electric vehicles? Perhaps I am not perceptive and missed the link. Here's your chance to educate us.

Thats not how this is gonna work.

Thiel

Quote from: DKG on August 30, 2023, 02:53:35 PMAn entire global fleet of electrical vehicles is nothing more than a pipe dream.

1. There isn't enough raw materials to transform the global fleet.
2. It would turn the entire planet into one giant tailings pond as every inch of the third world is ripped open for rare earth metals and poisoned to make people in developed countries feel smug about their environmental footprint.
3. How would the exponential increase in electricity demand be met? It would not be wind and solar because we do not have the raw materials necessary let alone the land for diffuse sources of energy.
4. One hundred percent of ICE batteries are recycled. That is not the case for electric car batteries. Where would the world get the land to dispose of massive toxic batteries? Ship them to third world countries?
5. The developing=developed country divide. The U.N. Children's Fund (UNICEF) reports that about 20 percent of cobalt supplied from the DRC comes from artisanal mines, "where human rights abuses have been reported, and up to 40,000 children work in extremely dangerous conditions in the mines for meagre income."

The U.N. also fears that cobalt-copper mines in DRC may contain sulphur minerals that contribute to Acid mine drainage (AMD), a phenomenon that causes pollution or contamination of surface water, thereby increasing the toxicity of rivers and drinking water.

Does anybody think developing countries will tolerate a hundred fold increase in deadly pollution and human rights abuses just because developed countries have foolishly mandated an electrical fleet.

I can go on, but I think this is a good start for now.

The ball is in your court Gremlin.
We are playing a risky game with electricity. Electricity generation must be an all of the above approach. Barack Obama used to support that sensible approach.

Electric autos cannot be a forced transition. If a transition does take place, it must be market forces. Similar to the transition to flat screen televisions.
gay, conservative and proud

Lokmar

If we could convince Aidsfaggit that electricity tasted like cawk, he'd take 1.21 jigawats through the asshole and mouth simultaneously. FACT!
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 3 View List

Lokmar

Quote from: Oerdin on August 30, 2023, 08:01:01 PMI mean what if I don't want my hypothetical electric car battery to be drained because I know I need to use it?  What if I paid for a home backup battery system for my house because I wanted to power MY house and not other people's houses?  Why is there no credit for the battery degradation repeated charges and deep discharges do to battery packs?  Why don't I get market rate for the electricity I would be supplying?  Add in that the problem was 100% to do with left wing politicians shutting down cheap and reliable power for their unscientific cult and you see why I oppose this despite understanding I need solar (and possibly a home backup battery or two) simply to escape the sky high continuous rate hikes those politicians are forcing onto everyone.

Shit, these communists are now in the process of passing a law so that scrubs (read welfare sucking Democrat voters who refuse to work) won't have to pay for electricity but everyone else has to pay much higher rates.  The rate per kwh keeps going up the more income you make too.  So if you use the same key as someone else he might pay nothing despite using far more total kwh while you pay 10 times the previous rate because "you have a good paying job so fuck you".

Sorry, but the precedent was previously set when the people agreed that businesses should pay a higher rate than private individuals.
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 1 View List

Herman

Agree Agree x 2 Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

Dove

Quote from: DKG on August 30, 2023, 04:35:39 PMAs I said in Shoutbox, if you want to talk about Trump(or Ron DeSantis) you should explain how either are germane to the discussion at hand. In this case we are talking about electricity pollcy and ev mandates. Since you brought up the Biden administration's abuse of power to block his main opponent and also school textbooks in Florida, please explain how either has any relevance to jacking up electricity costs with wind and solar subsidies or the unsustainability of electric vehicles? Perhaps I am not perceptive and missed the link. Here's your chance to educate us.

He won't. He just hates on people and trashes them. He won't actually discuss anything.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Oliver the Second

Trying to have a civil conversation with a leftist is a complete waste of time. They simply do not possess the intellectual capacity needed.
Agree Agree x 2 Winner Winner x 1 View List

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: DKG on August 30, 2023, 06:20:39 PMI read something like that. Elctric vehicles waste energy.
You think that's good, you know Bill Gates has a plan to fell a shit-ton of trees and lock them up in hermetically sealed caves for the carbon credits, yeah?
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview