Replies: 7369
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 11:34:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Brent

Movies and Shows

Started by Herman, August 16, 2023, 07:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman

We need a new movies and shows thread. You cannot read the old ones.

Herman

I saw a wicked limited series on Netflix called Painkiller. It's about the oxycontin crisis in the US. If you have Netflix, watch it.

Colonel Crackskulls

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."

Frood

I'm a total Outlander and Yellowstone (including 1883 and 1923 spin off's) junkie. As series go, I look forward to each instalment even if I don't care for some of the personal lives or statements of some of the actors... which is fine. I make it a point to never chip in a red cent as my own form of reverse activism.

The take on Asimov's Foundation started out good but it struggles to keep my interest.

Tacoma FD is just good wholesome old school comedy from the likes of some of the Broken Lizard crew... ie "Bearfucker! Do you need our assistance!?"

I can't think of many other newer series I'd recommend or continue watching except "The Expanse", which is a highly underrated Sci Fi space series.

Ancient Aliens was good when they weren't copy pasta'ing clips of old episodes into "Top 10 _______" episodes or rehashing the same topic matter in other ways.

Curse of Oak Island is intriguing but they slow walk so much, it will be 2030 before they do or don't find the lost treasure. I still watch albeit with a sense of disdain.

Same with Skinwalker Ranch.... ironically, or perhaps not, is that the same former supposed NASA expert from the South is on all three shows, and views more like a scripted actor getting his orders from outside the producers and directors purview. It's all carefully distributed in my opinion... nuggets of info and disinfo like a psyop.

I watch many more series, mostly sporadically...but am on guard from the brain rot that accompanies watching the last episode years of Weeds or The Walking Dead... (guilty as charged)

And unless a Cop/Doctor/Lawyer/Firefighter/Military/Po)litician/ et cetera type series isn't dark, funny, or self deprecating, I refuse and scroll right on by.

These occupations shouldn't be idolised....but ridiculed to make up for the sheer amount of cultish hero worship they've acquired, largely unearned.

Stick it to the man....

Blahhhhhh...

caskur

I am watching this on SBS. It's good.

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Herman

I watched a seven episode series on Netflix called Who is Erin Carter. I would recommend it.

Brent

The Forever Purge is a cringey progressive movie.

DKG

Dinesh D'Souza has a new documentary coming out called Police State.
https://policestatefilm.net/

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Herman

I just started watching a Dutch series called Ferry. I have only watched one eposode so far, but I like it.

caskur

I watched the first series of ALONE where they drop 10 guys off on Vancouver Island in 10 different spots.. the one who stays the longest wins $500,000 I think.

They meet bears and cougars and starvation and cold misery.

I really admired the last 3 guys... I think they should have a prize for second and third place as well.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

DKG

Quote from: caskur on November 10, 2023, 01:00:07 PMI watched the first series of ALONE where they drop 10 guys off on Vancouver Island in 10 different spots.. the one who stays the longest wins $500,000 I think.

They meet bears and cougars and starvation and cold misery.

I really admired the last 3 guys... I think they should have a prize for second and third place as well.
I haven't watched it, but I have had people tell me it's a good reality show.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

caskur

Quote from: DKG on November 10, 2023, 01:06:58 PMI haven't watched it, but I have had people tell me it's a good reality show.

Yes, I found it to be good but then I am always looking to watch something different....

I am going to start watching the second series tomorrow.
- Andy Warhol

Herman

Don't watch the new Squid Game. In the second season it is a goddamned gay as hell reality show like Big Brother or Survivor.

Frood

There's not much worth watching these days...

Most of it is overloaded with gay black latino chinese transgender circus midget amputees on the spectrum playing popular characters in European historical stories, or a bunch of 5 foot 5 tall girls taking the spots of masculine superhero character icons.

Fuck that.

I'm mostly doing 1930's to 1970's movies now, but nothing with Dick Van Dyke. Fuck that annoying little prick.
Blahhhhhh...