Replies: 8358
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 28, 2024, 10:14:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

I Love My Province

Started by Herman, August 27, 2023, 12:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman

Saskatchewan is the adult at the Canadian prog kiddie table.

Oliver the Second

I don't think I even knew what a pronoun was when I was a kid but every kid these days sure does.

Herman

Quote from: Oliver the Second on August 27, 2023, 10:42:49 PMI don't think I even knew what a pronoun was when I was a kid but every kid these days sure does.
And if everything goes as planned, no kid in Saskatchewan will know what a pronoun is either.

DKG

Should parents be informed if their children want to change their name, gender or pronouns at school? Of course they should. Schools shouldn't be keeping information from parents.

It's ridiculous that this question needed to be asked in a public opinion poll to show that the vast majority support parents knowing what goes on at school. Yet this has been deemed a controversial and fringe opinion for months now in media coverage, when in fact it's the opposite.

A new poll by the Angus Reid Institute showed that 78% of respondents across the country agreed that parents must be told before such changes are made. While there was a split on whether parental consent is required, a strong majority in every region and every demographic group believed parents must be informed.

In households with children under the age of 18, support for informing parents goes up to 82%.