The best topic

Replies: 7036
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 11:03:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

• So DSM, tell me more about this "once saved permanently saved" stuff 5 0 5 1

So DSM, tell me more about this "once saved permanently saved" stuff

Started by Biggie Smiles, September 23, 2023, 06:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggie Smiles

D

I consider myself a well versed man in biblical matters having read the book from cover to cover myself

several times actually

and after having put reverends, deacons, priests, theologins to shame I consider myself, well, a bit of an authority on the matter

so would you care to indulge me for a bit of friendly chatter?

and take a moment to explain this?

[23|Sep 06:06 PM] Whisper to deadskinmask deadskinmask: i'm saved.... i'm saved regardless of my actions.... whatever i do, Jesus has already paid for.... i'm charitable because i love Jesus and thats how i represent Him here on earth.... i could just as easily stab a hobo.... but it wouldn't be a proper representation....
DKG [23|Sep 06:08 PM] Whisper to DKG DKG: avatar_Bonesaw, you and dsm are providing balance.
DKG [23|Sep 06:08 PM] Whisper to DKG DKG: G'day Mr dsm
deadskinmask [23|Sep 06:09 PM] Whisper to deadskinmask deadskinmask: howdy back at ya....
DKG [23|Sep 06:15 PM] Whisper to DKG DKG: It is Shen Li's birthday, so naturally the shoutbox discussion got a little weird.
deadskinmask [23|Sep 06:15 PM] Whisper to deadskinmask deadskinmask: oh.... happy birthday, shen....
Erica Mena [23|Sep 06:19 PM] Whisper to Erica Mena Erica Mena: Amen DSM
Biggie Smiles [23|Sep 06:21 PM] Biggie Smiles: If you truly are saved no matter what you do how do you explain this In Mark 3:29 Jesus says that "whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven;

Bonesaw

Dove said you have to repent and never commit those sins again.

And if you do, I guess you repent... again?

That doesn't sound very one-and-done.  It certainly doesn't fit with DSM's belief, but it makes the Catholic Church a thriving enterprise.

If you are saved only once and your actions are never cast into question henceforth, what is the limit of terrible things you can do before God says "stop it or I'll turn this thing around?"

deadskinmask

when you turn yourself over to God, you belong to God.... when you acknowledge the sacrifice that Jesus made for you, you're saved.... if you're a child of God, you're always a child of God.... its an active choice.... only you can change that.... its the gift of free will.... you accept it or you reject it.... its there for you regardless....
Fucking Homo! Fucking Homo! x 1 View List

deadskinmask

the catholic church is just devil worship with extra steps....

Bonesaw

Winner Winner x 1 View List

deadskinmask

and i'm not an authority on anything.... especially religion.... i don't even refer to myself as christian if i can help it.... "christian" has become an increasingly secular term with very unsavory traits.... a relationship with God is a personal project and cannot nor should not be a one size fits all solution.... if you believe you need to behave a certain way to belong to God, you're completely negating the sacrifice Jesus made.... "no one is worthy. no, not one"....
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: deadskinmask on September 23, 2023, 06:55:40 PMthe catholic church is just devil worship with extra steps....

The catholic church, just like any other denomination of Christianity which teaches this idea of once saved always saved, which is found NOWHERE in scripture except when words are being rushed out of context, is of the great Harlot

fact.
Useful Useful x 1 View List

Biggie Smiles

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: deadskinmask on September 23, 2023, 07:03:34 PMand i'm not an authority on anything.... especially religion.... i don't even refer to myself as christian if i can help it.... "christian" has become an increasingly secular term with very unsavory traits.... a relationship with God is a personal project and cannot nor should not be a one size fits all solution.... if you believe you need to behave a certain way to belong to God, you're completely negating the sacrifice Jesus made.... "no one is worthy. no, not one"....

True indeed

however, if you believed in Jesus yesterday, curse him today and forget all about him tomorrow are you still qualified for that equally ridiculous notion of a rapture the day after tomorrow?

deadskinmask

if you yourself actively reject Jesus's gift, you have to argue that you were never truly His to begin with.... i'm not "good" for fear of retribution.... i'm "good" because i love God and want to be "good".... God knows we're a fuckin mess.... i'm not fooling Him....

Reggie Essent

Religious topics are always kind of pointless since every single one of us are free to make up our own minds as regards things spiritual.

As DSM has pointed out, the greatest Gift given to us by God is Free Will.  That is the hinge pin upon which any post-death "judgement" might be made -- how we live our lives and what decisions we make as individuals along the way.

The tenets of the Abrahamic faiths all teach that adherence to God's moral Laws during life is the key to eternal salvation.

The tenets of Buddhism teach that balancing the accrual of Karma (basically the concept of good vibes in the Beyond) versus the discharge of Dharma (duty) during one's life is the key to Transcendence.

Buddhism was derived from the myriad tenets of ancient Vedic Hinduism, where the primordial text called the Bhagavad Gita outlines the hierarchies of godhood and describe the Cosmic Wheel where imperfect souls are returned again and again to a life of pain and suffering until they finally get it right and are able to "transcend" upon death to a higher plain of existence.

For all I can tell, primitive pagans who worshiped odd shaped rocks and held massive orgies on the equinoxes to propitiate their gods and win them favor in the afterlife were no more right or wrong than any of the modern day adherents of the world's Great Faiths.

Bonesaw

So you get a permanent Save and then you can masturbate until your dick falls off.  One of the reasons I left the cult is that Christians never seem to agree on one set of rules. 

Ain't nobody got time for that.

They can't all be right.

deadskinmask

God and your eternal fate are far too important to allow someone else dictate your tenets to.... organized religion is dangerous as hell.... literally....

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: deadskinmask on September 23, 2023, 07:19:17 PMif you yourself actively reject Jesus's gift, you have to argue that you were never truly His to begin with.... i'm not "good" for fear of retribution.... i'm "good" because i love God and want to be "good".... God knows we're a fuckin mess.... i'm not fooling Him....

First of all, no one is good except the father. Mark 10:18

So you're not "good". Neither are any of us. However, the blood of Jesus washes your sins away and makes you worthy of forgiveness in God's eyes provided you

a) believe in him.
b) are truly sorry for those sins
c) the sin does not fall into the category of blasphemy against the holy spirit

So as we can see, effort, on going effort, is a perquisite to remaining "saved" or, as Jesus himself put it
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. math24:13-14

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Bonesaw on September 23, 2023, 07:27:51 PMSo you get a permanent Save and then you can masturbate until your dick falls off.  One of the reasons I left the cult is that Christians never seem to agree on one set of rules. 

Ain't nobody got time for that.

They can't all be right.

See, this is exactly why I challenge these people who pass this garbage off as biblical doctrine. When in fact it is utter and unadulterated dogshit found no where in the bible.

Because rational people such as yourself will rightly come to this very conclusion with horse shit like that being spewed about.

I also cringe when you read of an accident where a bus full of children narrowly escapes destruction and the nonthinking Zealots immediately clutch their pearls and say "Thank GOd, he saved them"

No he didn't. He didn't do a single thing. It was happenstance. Coincidence. Perchance. Nothing more

and if it is not as I claim it is then how does a reasonably intelligent person of sound mind explain all of those horrific accidents which have occurred where the children or other innocents were not snatched from the grasp of doom

I really wish people would put some thought into their beliefs.