The best topic

Replies: 7378
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 19, 2024, 11:52:50 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Biden administration waives 26 federal laws to allow border wall construction in South Texas

Started by Oliver the Second, October 05, 2023, 12:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver the Second

The Biden administration announced it waived 26 federal laws in South Texas to allow border wall construction on Wednesday, marking the administration's first use of a sweeping executive power employed often during the Trump presidency.

The Department of Homeland Security posted the announcement on the U.S. Federal Registry with few details outlining the construction in Starr County, Texas, which is part of a busy Border Patrol sector seeing "high illegal entry." According to government data, about 245,000 illegal entries have been recorded so far this fiscal year in the Rio Grande Valley Sector which contains 21 counties.

"There is presently an acute and immediate need to construct physical barriers and roads in the vicinity of the border of the United States in order to prevent unlawful entries into the United States in the project areas," Alejandro Mayorkas, the DHS secretary, stated in the notice.

The Clean Air Act, Safe Drinking Water Act and Endangered Species Act were some of the federal laws waived by DHS to make way for construction that will use funds from a congressional appropriation in 2019 for border wall construction. The waivers avoid time-consuming reviews and lawsuits challenging violation of environmental laws.

https://www.abc15.com/news/national/biden-administration-waives-26-federal-laws-to-allow-border-wall-construction-in-south-texas
Funny Funny x 1 View List

DKG

Quote from: Oliver the Second on October 05, 2023, 12:23:06 PM

The Biden administration announced it waived 26 federal laws in South Texas to allow border wall construction on Wednesday, marking the administration's first use of a sweeping executive power employed often during the Trump presidency.

The Department of Homeland Security posted the announcement on the U.S. Federal Registry with few details outlining the construction in Starr County, Texas, which is part of a busy Border Patrol sector seeing "high illegal entry." According to government data, about 245,000 illegal entries have been recorded so far this fiscal year in the Rio Grande Valley Sector which contains 21 counties.

"There is presently an acute and immediate need to construct physical barriers and roads in the vicinity of the border of the United States in order to prevent unlawful entries into the United States in the project areas," Alejandro Mayorkas, the DHS secretary, stated in the notice.

The Clean Air Act, Safe Drinking Water Act and Endangered Species Act were some of the federal laws waived by DHS to make way for construction that will use funds from a congressional appropriation in 2019 for border wall construction. The waivers avoid time-consuming reviews and lawsuits challenging violation of environmental laws.

https://www.abc15.com/news/national/biden-administration-waives-26-federal-laws-to-allow-border-wall-construction-in-south-texas
What a gift to Trump in Next year's election.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

DKG

In total, President Biden's government will waive 26 federal laws to expedite the process. The decision will ignore environmental protection laws and safe drinking water and clean air laws, as well as restrictions surrounding endangered species. This was made possible by legislation called the Secure Fence Act from 2006. Biden is the first Democrat president to use it.

The pathway for the wall will also go through a wildlife refuge as well as private properties; the federal government will have to buy or seize that land.

In a post to Truth Social, President Trump asked President Biden for an apology.

"Will Joe Biden apologize to me and America for taking so long to get moving, and allowing our country to be flooded with 15 million illegals immigrants, from places unknown. I will await his apology!"

Internal reports released at the same time showed a record number of monthly encounters with illegal immigrants at the southwest land border. The estimated 260,000 aliens were enough to push the fiscal year total for 2023 over 2.466 million, an all-time annual high.

The border saw 2.378 million illegal encounters in 2022, while 2021 was significantly lower at 1.734 million. President Trump's last year in office saw comparatively low numbers, with just over 458,000 for all of 2020.

Oliver the Second

"There is presently an acute and immediate need..." - a need so acute that Biden does all this sounds like something beyond mere immigration.

Garraty_47

Quote from: DKG on October 05, 2023, 12:38:56 PMWhat a gift to Trump in Next year's election.

Shows how fucked-up democrat strategists are:

"To defeat Trump we must try to become more Trump-like."

...as if in that scenario people aren't just going to vote for the real thing anyway.

I swear they want Trump to win.
The only alternative explanation that makes sense is that they're all complete imbeciles.
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 1 View List

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Garraty_47 on October 05, 2023, 09:28:43 PMShows how fucked-up democrat strategists are:

...as if in that scenario people aren't just going to vote for the real thing anyway.

The only alternative explanation that makes sense is that they're all complete imbeciles.
After posting around people like Lily and Admong I'm going with the latter
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 1 View List

Garraty_47

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on October 05, 2023, 09:29:36 PMAfter posting around people like Lily and Admong I'm going with the latter

I meant the strategists, consultants, and party leadership; the people who are supposed to be smart, well-educated, and experienced in these matters but I see your point.

If people take their cues from other people who are imbeciles or are doing a damn fine imitation of being imbeciles naturally at least some of that stupidity is going to get transmitted along with the talking points and other propaganda.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Lokmar

Well, I've seen a bunch of libtards declare that the douchebag that got stabbed to death by that nigger this week wouldnt want the feral baboon imprisoned so imbeciles it is!!!!

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Lokmar on October 05, 2023, 09:40:20 PMWell, I've seen a bunch of libtards declare that the douchebag that got stabbed to death by that nigger this week wouldnt want the feral baboon imprisoned so imbeciles it is!!!!
do you have a link to this?

I haven't followed that story

I'd like a few laughs

Lokmar

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on October 05, 2023, 09:51:29 PMdo you have a link to this?

I haven't followed that story

I'd like a few laughs

Dude, this shit is so fucked up...
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2023-10-05/werewolf-supporter-murdered-werewolf

"Friends of ... Ryan Thoresen Carson say he'd feel sorry for the teenage criminal who stabbed him to death, and would want his killing to be used to further advance left-wing policies."

In other words, they want to politicize his death. They can't also ask others not to.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

Shen Li

Quote from: Lokmar on October 05, 2023, 11:28:05 PMDude, this shit is so fucked up...
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2023-10-05/werewolf-supporter-murdered-werewolf

"Friends of ... Ryan Thoresen Carson say he'd feel sorry for the teenage criminal who stabbed him to death, and would want his killing to be used to further advance left-wing policies."

In other words, they want to politicize his death. They can't also ask others not to.
Do you see why I hate white libtards.
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Oerdin

Quote from: Garraty_47 on October 05, 2023, 09:28:43 PMShows how fucked-up democrat strategists are:

The reality is the open borders issue, which Democrats in general and the Biden admin specifically caused, is killing them in polls.  They are not really interested in solving the problem they created, if they did they would change the asylum rules Biden changed on the first day in office but they have not.  The Biden admin just wants to be seen as trying to do something without actually changing the core problem.

As for how Dems expect to win...  They expect to continue to weaponize the legal system to unfairly jail their main opposition candidate.  That is all they have so they are inventing any excuse they possibly can knowing full well most will get tossed out upon appeal even if convicted by a partisan jury.  The thing is that won't happen until after the election.
Agree Agree x 2 Winner Winner x 1 View List