Last post: Today at 04:29:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

I think I'm gonna move to Hawaii in a couple of years

Started by JOE, October 20, 2023, 12:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

...or some place similar.

It'll be nice.

Stay in Vancouver during the spring n summer, but move somewhere else during the winter months

....where would ya'll move to if ya had the chance?

Even seasonally?

TheProwler

I do have that option.

My wife and I have had discussions about living in a warm American State during the coldest months.  Maybe owning and living in one of the retirement villages in Florida or Texas, maybe just hitting the road in our own travel trailer, maybe buying a house, etc.

And it's something that we might do at some point.

But right now it is not something that I want to do.

For these reasons and more....

I play and referee hockey in the winter.  I would be giving that up.

I play in three music acts.  I would be giving that up.

We have our group of friends here that we have regular Game Nights with, go out to to restaurants/bars with, etc..  We would have to meet new people which can be tedious because we do not really like most people enough to want to spend a lot of time with them.

We have a large house that is full of our stuff from sports equipment to photography equipment to music equipment and on and on.  It is nice having such a variety of things to do so easily.

We would be giving up way too much for very little benefit.  We will just do a road trip down into warmer areas if we get a little tired of the winter and we want to warm up for a week or two.

Here are some questions for you, Joe:

Why do you want to make a change so badly?

Do you not have a lot of things that you would be giving up?

Informative Informative x 1 View List

DKG

Quote from: TheProwler on October 20, 2023, 03:49:35 PMI do have that option.

My wife and I have had discussions about living in a warm American State during the coldest months.  Maybe owning and living in one of the retirement villages in Florida or Texas, maybe just hitting the road in our own travel trailer, maybe buying a house, etc.

And it's something that we might do at some point.

But right now it is not something that I want to do.

For these reasons and more....

I play and referee hockey in the winter.  I would be giving that up.

I play in three music acts.  I would be giving that up.

We have our group of friends here that we have regular Game Nights with, go out to to restaurants/bars with, etc..  We would have to meet new people which can be tedious because we do not really like most people enough to want to spend a lot of time with them.

We have a large house that is full of our stuff from sports equipment to photography equipment to music equipment and on and on.  It is nice having such a variety of things to do so easily.

We would be giving up way too much for very little benefit.  We will just do a road trip down into warmer areas if we get a little tired of the winter and we want to warm up for a week or two.

Here are some questions for you, Joe:

Why do you want to make a change so badly?

Do you not have a lot of things that you would be giving up?

Nothing has changed. He has been posting these attention seeking threads for more than a decade.

Lokmar

Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

TheProwler

Quote from: DKG on October 20, 2023, 04:40:38 PMNothing has changed. He has been posting these attention seeking threads for more than a decade.

He seems to be very dissatisfied with his life.
Agree Agree x 2 View List

DKG

Quote from: TheProwler on October 20, 2023, 06:08:28 PMHe seems to be very dissatisfied with his life.
He is a very late bloomer. At least that is his troll.

He is doing things in his sixties that most people do in their twenties and thirties.

Oliver the Second

I was thinking about leaving Arizona when I retire but decided to just stay here, there's lots of benefits and tax cuts for seniors, warm weather and everything medical you would ever need. Don't want to move just for the sake of moving.

TheProwler

Quote from: Oliver the Second on October 20, 2023, 06:26:30 PMI was thinking about leaving Arizona when I retire but decided to just stay here, there's lots of benefits and tax cuts for seniors, warm weather and everything medical you would ever need. Don't want to move just for the sake of moving.

I hear it is very hot in the summer.  But just like it is cold here in the winter, life is what you make of it.

In the winter, we have to bundle up to go outside on cold days.

In the summer, I would think that you stay inside until later in the evening on hots days.

Oliver the Second

Quote from: TheProwler on October 20, 2023, 06:46:13 PMI hear it is very hot in the summer.  But just like it is cold here in the winter, life is what you make of it.

In the winter, we have to bundle up to go outside on cold days.

In the summer, I would think that you stay inside until later in the evening on hots days.

Summer is easy to handle as long as you stay in the air conditioning. And, as we like to say, you don't have to shovel heat off the driveway.

caskur

Quote from: JOE on October 20, 2023, 12:00:46 PM...or some place similar.

It'll be nice.

Stay in Vancouver during the spring n summer, but move somewhere else during the winter months

....where would ya'll move to if ya had the chance?

Even seasonally?

For some reason I would like to go to Chile. I want to see Sth American art.

I would love to have a summer shack down our southern coast where it is cool but honestly since nothing gets done about our arsonists I won't go coastal bush.

Hawaii is expensive and the natives are hostile I heard many years ago. But who knows, Hawaii might welcome the tourist $$$ in todays climate.

Go check out Costa Rica where Seamajor is. 

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on October 20, 2023, 06:08:28 PMHe seems to be very dissatisfied with his life.

But unlike you Im still hairy & handsome

Whereas you're bald & ugly looking old too Prowler

Thankfully i was born with a lotta hair and a good looking face. And I hardly age

I got the best features of my parents. Therefore among my brothers im the best looking guy in the family

I thank god for making me that way Prowler

I owe my good fortune to God

If you were kinder and have more compassion for others God might have blessed you too Prowler

You should wake every morning like me and shout
"I love you God!"

Try it sometime and yer hair might grow back eh?

TheProwler

Quote from: Oliver the Second on October 22, 2023, 08:50:58 AMSummer is easy to handle as long as you stay in the air conditioning. And, as we like to say, you don't have to shovel heat off the driveway.

Shoveling snow is a piece of cake, unless you are a weak pussy.

I think it is funny that people will drive to a gym to work out, but whine like a little bitch when they have a little manual labour to do around the house.

Suck it up!

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on October 22, 2023, 10:53:26 AMBut unlike you Im still hairy & handsome

Whereas you're bald & ugly looking old too Prowler

Thankfully i was born with a lotta hair and a good looking face. And I hardly age

I got the best features of my parents. Therefore among my brothers im the best looking guy in the family

I thank god for making me that way Prowler

I owe my good fortune to God

If you were kinder and have more compassion for others God might have blessed you too Prowler

You should wake every morning like me and shout
"I love you God!"

Try it sometime and yer hair might grow back eh?

You are an old loser who is talking about buying real estate for the first time in his life when most people your age are talking about downsizing.

You can lie about things here, Senile Joe, but what matters is The Truth.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Herman

Quote from: TheProwler on October 22, 2023, 09:39:20 PMYou are an old loser who is talking about buying real estate for the first time in his life when most people your age are talking about downsizing.

You can lie about things here, Senile Joe, but what matters is The Truth.
I wonder if Joe really is as much of a bum as he is on forums. I doubt that is possible.

Herman

Quote from: TheProwler on October 22, 2023, 09:30:36 PMShoveling snow is a piece of cake, unless you are a weak pussy.

I think it is funny that people will drive to a gym to work out, but whine like a little bitch when they have a little manual labour to do around the house.

Suck it up!
Ya, I know. I live on a farm. There is always physical labour to do. City folks are pussies.