Replies: 8061
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:04:09 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

I think I'm gonna move to Hawaii in a couple of years

Started by JOE, October 20, 2023, 12:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetsu

Hate to break it to you old Joe but I have a customer and a friend that live there and they say housing ain't any cheaper than Vancouver, I'll say it again if you want quality expect to pay up, it's simple supply and demand.
Permanently off his rocker

Brent

Quote from: TheProwler on October 22, 2023, 09:39:20 PMYou are an old loser who is talking about buying real estate for the first time in his life when most people your age are talking about downsizing.

You can lie about things here, Senile Joe, but what matters is The Truth.
The guy is like seventy and he is talking about buying his very first property. Next he will be starting a new thread to announce he is finally ready to lose his virginity.
Funny Funny x 1 Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

Oerdin

JOE

Quote from: Oerdin on October 23, 2023, 09:35:09 PMHawaii sucks.  Seriously costs are massive.

Well, where else do you suggest Oerdin?

What's a better destination?

Everyone puts down/dumps on your state California too

I was thinkin' a couple months of the year.

One thing that makes California much more appealing tho is it's closer to Vancouver.

600 mile drive from Van and yer in Cali

It's about the same distance as going from Vancouver to Calgary.

However, Calgary isn't nearly as appealing as North California

JOE

Quote from: Zetsu on October 23, 2023, 11:57:46 AMHate to break it to you old Joe but I have a customer and a friend that live there and they say housing ain't any cheaper than Vancouver, I'll say it again if you want quality expect to pay up, it's simple supply and demand.

It's because of fucking China and all the land hoarding your people engage in Little Zetsu.

Plus our politicians got bought out by them & forgot about the local population.

friends of mine with children in single home ownership complain to me that their property taxes keep going up.

But what the government should do instead of taxing single home owners is to tax the land hoarders with multiple homes.

What we have currently in places like vancouver and Toronto is a system which reward land hoarding at the expense of the general population . and those hit hardest and most vulnerable and parents with children trying to raise them with exploding rents or mortgages.

This isn't fair. The land hoarders need to be punished

We have to stop subsidizing these bastards.

I can escape this trap anytime but for those who are trapped such as friends who are working parents struggling to pay the rent or mortgage, I truly pity them.
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Zetsu

Quote from: JOE on October 25, 2023, 11:21:17 AMIt's because of fucking China and all the land hoarding your people engage in Little Zetsu.

Plus our politicians got bought out by them & forgot about the local population.

friends of mine with children in single home ownership complain to me that their property taxes keep going up.

But what the government should do instead of taxing single home owners is to tax the land hoarders with multiple homes.

What we have currently in places like vancouver and Toronto is a system which reward land hoarding at the expense of the general population . and those hit hardest and most vulnerable and parents with children trying to raise them with exploding rents or mortgages.

This isn't fair. The land hoarders need to be punished

We have to stop subsidizing these bastards.

I can escape this trap anytime but for those who are trapped such as friends who are working parents struggling to pay the rent or mortgage, I truly pity them.

Joe you're the oldest person in this forum that had the most fortunate and best chance to buy a home for your age, meanwhile you're the only one whining about this housing crisis while none of younger folks are...

Oerdin

Brent

Quote from: Oerdin on October 23, 2023, 09:35:09 PMHawaii sucks.  Seriously costs are massive.
Near perfect weather, but yes, it is not worth it.
Agree Agree x 2 Informative Informative x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: Zetsu on October 25, 2023, 11:58:18 AMJoe you're the oldest person in this forum that had the most fortunate and best chance to buy a home for your age, meanwhile you're the only one whining about this housing crisis while none of younger folks are...

...that's cuz they don't know any better so they git fooled Zetsu.

That's what establishment does and always has done & always will.

Obliterate the past and everyone connected with it so that the don't have a memory of it.

"New and Improved!"

...over what?

"Over what came before it! Now pay up and get 1/10 for much more! Much less for Much more."

JOE

Quote from: Brent on October 25, 2023, 06:33:30 PMNear perfect weather, but yes, it is not worth it.

Anyways, I hear from others that Hawaii has changed a lot.

...that it's no longer the pristine jewel in the Pacific that it used ta be.

Lots of drugs and crime now, eh? Homelessness too
Just like Vancouver.
vancouver has gone downhill too

Still might be worth a visit tho

Zetsu

Quote from: JOE on October 25, 2023, 08:49:17 PM...that's cuz they don't know any better so they git fooled Zetsu.

That's what establishment does and always has done & always will.

Obliterate the past and everyone connected with it so that the don't have a memory of it.

"New and Improved!"

...over what?

"Over what came before it! Now pay up and get 1/10 for much more! Much less for Much more."

Well, I bought my new house for $750 grand and now it's market resale value is 2.3 million dollars on Remax, I sure got fooled Joe, same for all other home owners here.

:s_laugh:

JOE

Quote from: Zetsu on October 25, 2023, 08:56:10 PMWell, I bought my new house for $750 grand and now it's market resale value is 2.3 million dollars on Remax, I sure got fooled Joe, same for all other home owners here.

:s_laugh:

I've never really liked Vancouver that much so the high prices give me that much more of an excuse to move away from here.

I stayed primarily to help my mother who passed away this year.
In her final years, my mother needed a lot of care and attention so I had to stick around and help.

Other than her, I had no obligation, reponsibility or desire to stay here much longer.

Zetsu

Quote from: JOE on October 25, 2023, 09:00:38 PMI've never really liked Vancouver that much so the high prices give me that much more of an excuse to move away from here.

In her final years, my mother needed a lot of care and attention so I had to stick around and help.

Other than her, I had no obligation, reponsibility or desire to stay here much longer.

Sorry to hear this Joe, I understand it's awful to lose someone so close to you, my mom too is getting close to that age, and will be getting eye surgery to fix her impaired vision this coming week. 

Jokes aside, I remember the youtube video you've posted of the Russian mafia boss once said, "Don't say or think, but just do", I have to admit that's a rule I've yet to master.

caskur

Quote from: Oerdin on October 25, 2023, 12:38:00 PMNC or Florida would be cheaper.

Only an idiot would move to a hurrrican locale

Quote from: JOE on October 25, 2023, 09:00:38 PMI've never really liked Vancouver that much so the high prices give me that much more of an excuse to move away from here.

I am sorry to hear about your mum Joe.

Instead of buying in Hawaii, would renting a room for the winter appeal more? That way you haven't fully committed.
Agree Agree x 1 View List
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol