News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

I just paid $5000 US for a rare coin....

Started by JOE, November 03, 2023, 08:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Herman

Quote from: JOE on November 27, 2023, 11:14:56 PMI got money too Herman and likely more cash in the bank than u do Herm
Old Thiel seems like an alright guy. And he has money which you desperately need. Go for it. It aint like you have other options.

TheProwler

Quote from: TheProwler on November 27, 2023, 04:26:13 PMTell us about your apartment.

One bedroom, right?

Quote from: JOE on November 27, 2023, 11:01:11 PMActually i could buy your Corvette outright without financing but its such a waste of money. No use throwing good money after bad

Oerdin was right about your car Prowler

You shouldn't throw your money at a depreciating asset

I bet by now its worth 1/2 of what you paid for it

For what you paid for your car i could buy a Canada 1921 50 cent piece and it would appreciate 100% in ten years

Not like yer hunk a junk Prowler

Youll be lucky enough fya get $20,000 ten years from now. Heck my coin collection will be worth more than yer cars Prowler

That has to be the most ungraceful avoidance of a question that I have ever seen.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on November 28, 2023, 12:47:31 AMThat has to be the most ungraceful avoidance of a question that I have ever seen.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

Yeah, I currently live in an apartment.

but so what? I can move out any time buy a property somewhere else.

I am looking at property outside of Vancouver as I'm not interested in buying here. I indicated that several times to you. Actually, there are some nice properties which cost less than you paid for your Corvette, Prowler. That's another thing I'd rather put money into than an overpriced car like you bought/paid for.

Again, you will discover that your Corvette will be worth far less than you paid for it in the near future, Prowler. You remind me a lot of this 80 something guy I met at a gas station who was bragging about his 1992 Corvette. "Thonny, my Corvette does 155 mph. It was owned by the President of the Corvette Association of Vancouver. Oh and by the way...do you wanna buy it? I'll sell it to you for $35,000!"

That's what he said to me Prowler. And that's you in 30 years.

Only you'll be trying to peddle off your 2023 model like that old man I met at the gas station.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on November 28, 2023, 02:00:06 AMYeah, I currently live in an apartment.

I am looking at property outside of Vancouver as I'm not interested in buying here. I indicated that several times to you. Actually, there are some nice properties which cost less than you paid for your Corvette, Prowler. That's another thing I'd rather put money into than an overpriced car like you bought/paid for.

Again, you will discover that your Corvette will be worth far less than you paid for it in the near future, Prowler. You remind me a lot of this 80 something guy I met at a gas station who was bragging about his 1992 Corvette. "Thonny, my Corvette does 155 mph. It was owned by the President of the Corvette Association of Vancouver. Oh and by the way...do you wanna buy it? I'll sell it to you for $35,000!"

Only you'll be trying to peddle off your 2023 model like that old man I met at the gas station.

Time to live like an adult, Senile Joe.

Buy your own house, you idiot.

DKG

Quote from: TheProwler on November 28, 2023, 03:33:38 AMTime to live like an adult, Senile Joe.

Buy your own house, you idiot.
He doesn't need to. He will move in with Thiel and sponge off of him.

Lokmar

The thing with owning a factory race car that might depreciate in the near future, its sure a lot more fun than some dumb coin thats sitting in a drawer! Every time I take the car out racing, its more fun than I've had with any other material possession, the second being my guns. Even if I roll it and total it, it'll be worth $30K in parts after the insurance payout.

Just remember, those coins arent worth jack shit of what you paid for them when the SHTF!! LOL if you drop one of your coins and the case breaks off and it rolls down the heat register!

Thiel

Quote from: JOE on November 27, 2023, 10:57:31 PMYer sure a creepy guy Thiel

Anita Bryant was right about your types. She was vilified so badly but maybe in reality she ought to be treated like a martyr because she spoke the truth & about the social holocaust & the AIDS epidemic which was to follow
You are as cute as the dickens Sweetie.
gay, conservative and proud

caskur

Why do all the males here dogpile Joe?

He is sharing his minor coin hobby with you all and you all act like aliens who drank expired cool aid.

Jeebus  :facepalm:

Informative Informative x 1 View List
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: JOE on November 28, 2023, 02:00:06 AMYeah, I currently live in an apartment.

who would you leave property to if you died?

I don't see you tying yourself down.

How long have you got to live? Buy into an aged retirement villiage,... plan a comfortable retirement.

Or what else is a better option?
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Oerdin

I get that it is a hobby but maybe you shouldn't be blowing all the money you inherited when your mother died?

Oerdin

Prince Rupert or somewhere on Vancouver Island might be a good place for Joe to retire to.  Maybe Nanaimo?

Lokmar

Quote from: caskur on November 29, 2023, 05:30:48 PMWhy do all the males here dogpile Joe?

He is sharing his minor coin hobby with you all and you all act like aliens who drank expired cool aid.

Jeebus  :facepalm:

josephine isnt as innocent as you women like to pretend. He's a fukin shit stirring asshat, Caskur. I'm guessing it takes a male penis and testicles to understand it. Female penis' will never understand.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

caskur

Quote from: Oerdin on December 02, 2023, 02:44:47 PMI get that it is a hobby but maybe you shouldn't be blowing all the money you inherited when your mother died?

If he sells some coins for more than he bought them, it is tax free income.
- Andy Warhol

Adolf Oliver Bush

I wonder if you will be so understanding once he starts collecting the contents of Thiel's nuts.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

JOE

Quote from: Oerdin on December 02, 2023, 02:44:47 PMI get that it is a hobby but maybe you shouldn't be blowing all the money you inherited when your mother died?

I generally try to buy things that I can potentially sell one day, Oerdin. I generally try to avoid buying expensive things which have no resale value or are overpriced. Yes I bought an expensive coin paid over $5000 US for it but I could probably get $5-6000 for it tomorrow. Likewise if I bought an $80,000 US car itd be a vintage 1957 Corvette because I think thered be a potential buyer who would eventually pay me that much.

I would never spend &100,000 on Prowler's Corvette because there's a very good chance no one would pay even close to that amount when it came time to resell.

Yesterday I opened an account to deposit $200 I made reselling coins I didn't want anymore. I broke even on that sale. So that's like getting a refund. Cost recovery eh.

Always try to buy low below market value. Get a deal. Buy low but sell high. Especially expensive big ticket items

I know what you are saying

A person should never buy things unless they can resell them. Hopefully for a profit. Spending lotsa money on something feels like gambling. But even a good gambler has to be smart and know how to recoup their losses or expenses.