Replies: 8411
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 07:38:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

I saw a coin for sale today worth more than TheProwler's Camaro

Started by JOE, November 07, 2023, 09:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

The very Rare 'grandaddy' of all circulating Canadian coins, the 1921 50 cent Silver, starting price is $100,000:

https://auctions.canadiancoinsandpapermoney.com/auction/222/the-extravaganza-sale-ii-major-sale/session/439/lot/1863

Which item would you choose?

Heck, I'd choose the coin myself.

While Prowler's car continues to depreciate, the coin will continue to go up in value quite a bit.

And the other coin they had for sale is worth more than his older Corvette too! $40,000 for a 1916 CANADA gold sovereign:

https://auctions.canadiancoinsandpapermoney.com/auction/222/the-extravaganza-sale-ii-major-sale/session/449/lot/2379

...but at least these items will appreciate in value, not the other way Like Prowler's Cars. I might even consider a bid on the 2nd item to complete my sovereign collection.

anways, will letcha guys know.

Herman

JOE

Quote from: Herman on November 07, 2023, 10:00:55 PMOld Prowler has a Corvette I think.

Whatever Herm.

His cars are still depreciating assets.

Personally I woulda bought a 1957 Corvette myself.

Guaranteed appreciating asset and could be rented out for photoshoots, movie props at a good price

Might even be better than a rare coin, eh?

Herman

It's not whatever. There is a big differenc between those two cars. I know you aint a gearhead, but any eleven year old boy can tell the difference between them.

JOE

Quote from: Herman on November 07, 2023, 10:06:05 PMIt's not whatever. There is a big differenc between those two cars. I know you aint a gearhead, but any eleven year old boy can tell the difference between them.

Corvette, Camaro...they're still depreciating assets unless they're something like a vintage car Herm.

Herman

I would post a picture of my Harley Softail Fat Boy, but old Joe would confuse it for a Hyundai Daelim 125.

TheProwler

Is Senile Joe still having a good cry about my 2002 Camaro Z28 and my 2023 Z51 Corvette Stingray?

Get over it Joe.

I can buy things that you cannot afford.

That is not the end of the world.

You envious little twerp.

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on November 07, 2023, 11:26:14 PMIs Senile Joe still having a good cry about my 2002 Camaro Z28 and my 2023 Z51 Corvette Stingray?

Get over it Joe.

I can buy things that you cannot afford.

That is not the end of the world.

You envious little twerp.

I can afford this:

An extremely rare 1916 Canada gold sovereign. Perhaps 50 known.

And it's worth more than your car, Prowler.
and it doesn't require maintenance either, can be stuffed in a shirt pocket.

But unlike your car, it holds it value and appreciates over time.

You see, I look for deals.
And I unlike you, I'd rather underpay than overpay when I buy things.

I mean think about it. You get stuck with a double whammy Prowler

1. You overpay for your purchases + 15% provincial HST?
2. Your purchase is a depreciating asset when it leaves the lot.

so by year 10 it's worth maybe 20 cents on the dollar.

Meanwhile my coin collection will appreciate in value and be worth more than your car in 10 years.

And better and faster cars will come out that will smoke your overpriced baubles and leave em in the dust Prowler.

Sure I could buy your overpriced car. But why bother? I could buy a Mercedes too. so what? Like Oerdin indicated to you in another thread - the less you spend on a car and gas, the better.

They're money pits for wannabes with fragile egos.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on November 08, 2023, 02:17:07 AMI can afford this:

An extremely rare 1916 Canada gold sovereign. Perhaps 50 known.

And it's worth more than your car, Prowler.
and it doesn't require maintenance either, can be stuffed in a shirt pocket.

But unlike your car, it holds it value and appreciates over time.

You see, I look for deals.
And I unlike you, I'd rather underpay than overpay when I buy things.

I mean think about it. You get stuck with a double whammy Prowler

1. You overpay for your purchases + 15% provincial HST?
2. Your purchase is a depreciating asset when it leaves the lot.

so by year 10 it's worth maybe 20 cents on the dollar.

Meanwhile my coin collection will appreciate in value and be worth more than your car in 10 years.

And better and faster cars will come out that will smoke your overpriced baubles and leave em in the dust Prowler.

Sure I could buy your overpriced car. But why bother? I could buy a Mercedes too. so what? Like Oerdin indicated to you in another thread - the less you spend on a car and gas, the better.

They're money pits for wannabes with fragile egos.

Ummmm....

Adolf Oliver Bush

Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on November 08, 2023, 03:57:32 AMUmmmm....

Look Prowler....

Just like your Camaro, your Corvette was....defeated!

Against a 'real sportscar' too.

so remember, and don't forget...

There's always something better, faster than you got.

And there always will be something coming out that beats what you got.

caskur

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

TheProwler

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on November 08, 2023, 01:05:53 PMLook Prowler....

Just like your Camaro, your Corvette was....defeated!

Against a 'real sportscar' too.

so remember, and don't forget...

There's always something better, faster than you got.

And there always will be something coming out that beats what you got.

Ummm.....

caskur

I have got all my 2 cent coin soaking in a jar of coka cola because I will be looking for a 1968 2 cent piece...

This is why..

Vvvv

In the world of coin collecting, certain pieces stand out as hidden treasures, and the 1968 2-cent Australian coin – worth a whopping $495 today – is undoubtedly one of them. This unassuming copper-nickel coin struck at the Perth Mint holds a unique place in Australian numismatic history.

3 Nov 2023
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol