Replies: 7558
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:57:00 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by reaps the honest

Leftist Lounge: meme spam away, Seamajor welcome too

Started by DKG, November 27, 2023, 01:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thiel

Quote from: Garraty_47 on December 21, 2023, 09:43:42 PMI hesitate to make predictions because every time I think I've sussed the parameters of exactly how fucked up this country is now something happens to make me throw my hands up and adjust the markers outward again.

But if there's any sanity left at all this is what ought to happen:

The supreme court will agree to hear and expedite the case due to the serious and time-sensitive nature of the issue. It won't/shouldn't take them long to identify and highlight the Colorado decision's fatal flaws after which they will officially reverse the finding and clear the way for Don to participate fully in the Colorado primary.

Trump will be more popular and unbeatable than ever, democrats and their apologists will blame it on the "conservative court" and make a lot of noise about ways to "balance" the SC that have nothing to do with fixing anything but only packing the bench with more people "from their team", and independents will become even more disgusted with the whole Red/vs/Blue shitshow giving RFKJr and other non-duopoly candidates another polling bump.

Other states who are attempting or are considering their own Colorado-like shenanigans will likely drop those plans after a brief period of grasping for a different angle than the one that was just shot down.

Before long the whole litigating Donny off the ballot thing will fade into the background as other concerns take center stage again- those most likely being the continuing Palestine/Israel conflict (including escalating participation by other nations in the region), the increasingly obvious failure of the proxy war in Ukraine, and whatever China decides to do in response to the USA's provocations e.g. military entanglements with Taiwan.

Of course any or all of that could turn out to be absolute nonsense. The whole planet has lost what little mind it had left and almost nothing surprises me anymore.
I would say this is the most likely outcome as well. But, I agree that the supply of sanity is dangerously low.
gay, conservative and proud

Herman

Quote from: Garraty_47 on December 21, 2023, 05:03:04 PMI'm not saying that can't happen but it really shouldn't.
The Colorado judgement basically convicted Donny of sedition/insurrection/whatever without a trial in order to reach the decision it did
That is a good point. They didn't just make a decision, they pronounced him guilty without a trial.
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Herman on December 21, 2023, 11:45:58 PMThat is a good point. They didn't just make a decision, they pronounced him guilty without a trial.

That's pretty much what the dissenting judges said too -- among many other scathing remarks against their peers
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Herman

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on December 21, 2023, 11:47:16 PMThat's pretty much what the dissenting judges said too -- among many other scathing remarks against their peers
If it does get to the Supreme Court, and I am pretty certain it will, it should be an open and shut case.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Herman on December 21, 2023, 11:52:18 PMIf it does get to the Supreme Court, and I am pretty certain it will, it should be an open and shut case.

500 bucks says that Atari Jackson diversity hire to the supreme court will vote in favor of it.

as will that other slobbering pig who looks alot like OAk

Herman

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on December 21, 2023, 11:53:52 PM500 bucks says that Atari Jackson diversity hire to the supreme court will vote in favor of it.

as will that other slobbering pig who looks alot like OAk
Thomas, Coney-Barret, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and either Alito or Roberts will vote to reverse the dumb decison in Colorado and that is enough to keep Trump on the ballot in all fifty states.
Agree Agree x 2 View List

Brent

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview