Replies: 8244
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 08:29:13 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Progtard Censorship

Started by Herman, November 28, 2023, 10:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman

Ireland is going California style crazy.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/ireland-free-speech-govt-restrict?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20230228SponsoredTrending-RevelationMedia-TUESDAY&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Breaking%20News
A Green Party politician from Ireland is going viral for her speech explaining why it is important to curb free speech rights in order to protect people who might be offended by speech about transgender identity.

Senator Pauline O'Reilly made the comments in a speech from June, but they went viral over the weekend after rioting erupted over a stabbing attack allegedly committed by an Algerian migrant targeting children. O'Reilly was arguing in favor of a bill that would allow the government to punish people for hate speech.

"When you think about it, all law, all legislation is about the restriction of freedom. That's exactly what we are doing here. Is we are are restricting freedom but we're doing it for the common good.

The bill would allow the government to restrict speech that is deemed to incite hatred against "the gender which a person expresses as the person's preferred gender or with which the person identifies and includes transgender and a gender other than those of male and female."

"If your views on other people's identities go to make their lives unsafe, insecure and cause them such deep discomfort that they cannot live in peace then I believe that it is our job, as legislators, to restrict those freedoms, for the common good," O'Reilly said.

If the law is approved, those who violate the new speech rules can be subject to fines or jail time.

Lokmar

Well, women shouldnt be in government in the first fukin place. WTF is wrong with men these days? They all get their fucking nuts cut off? No wonder islam is taking over! Put these stupid bitches and beta cucks in their places!

Lokmar

Shit like this really pisses me off and deserves a second comment. This bitch needs a hijab forced on her and a few proper rapes by some dirty flea bitten mullah.

Herman

Quote from: Lokmar on November 28, 2023, 11:01:11 PMShit like this really pisses me off and deserves a second comment. This bitch needs a hijab forced on her and a few proper rapes by some dirty flea bitten mullah.
Calling someone with a dick and balls a guy is a hate crime because he is wearing a frickin dress. Ireland is going straight down the shitter.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

DKG

A top White House censor heads for Biden's re-election campaign to combat "misinformation" — which is now just another word for dissenting from this administration's bungled economic policies.
The Biden administration's efforts to intimidate media outlets into censoring information that might paint the president in a bad light (other than his own gaffes, lies, and plagiarism) are receiving new and much-needed attention this week. The House Judiciary Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government reconvenes Thursday to look into "the federal government's involvement in social media censorship" and "recent attacks on independent journalism and free expression," according to the committee's press release.

It is a timely investigation. As Byron York noted at the Washington Examiner, "President Joe Biden's 2024 reelection campaign is 'overhauling' its strategy to fight 'misinformation' on social media. The new effort includes 'recruiting hundreds of staffers and volunteers to monitor platforms.'"

The Biden team's big current concern is the economy. Somehow, the public just isn't getting the message that everything is hunky-dory and that Biden is the reason we're all supposedly so much richer than we were in January 2021. Yet even voters who admit to having voted for Biden in 2020 say the economy is awful.

The new operation is reminiscent of the Biden administration's successful efforts in 2021 to persuade media companies to suppress unpopular observations about government initiatives, especially doubts about the science behind combatting COVID-19 and concerns about interference in the 2020 election. That was, in fact, a ruthless campaign of threats and intimidation against tech companies, the legality of which the U.S. Supreme Court has agreed to decide in its current session.

"They were bullying companies to censor anything contradicting government guidance," the Wall Street Journal reported earlier this year. "The private intimidation was amplified by public threats to use antitrust action and regulation if tech companies didn't follow orders."

The Biden administration has continually turned up the heat on those who dare to say things that might undermine the president's re-election prospects.

In the spring of 2022, Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas announced he was forming a Disinformation Governance Board, which a writer at the Hill aptly described as an Orwellian "Ministry of Truth." The DHS shut down the board under pressure, but its work continued in other DHS sub-agencies, including the Secret Service, the Intercept reported.
https://www.theblaze.com/columns/opinion/bidens-media-intimidation-crusade-takes-a-turn-for-the-worse?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20231129SponsoredTrending-RevelationMedia-WEDNESDAY&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Breaking%20News

The Biden admnistration is the most authoritarian presidency I have ever seen. They have no credibility criticizing countries like China.

Herman

Even a few democRATs are admitting that the Biden administration is becoming like a commie dictatorship censoring news they don't like.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/witnesses-tell-congress-state-censorship-drifts-in-one-direction-and-amounted-to-election-interference?utm_source=theblaze-breaking&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20231130Trending-ShellenbergerTaibbi&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Breaking%20News
Matt Taibbi and Michael Shellenberger warn that government censorship is election interference.
Establishmentarians in the West have long harped on the need to protect democracy. Notwithstanding their rhetorical support for a politically empowered citizenry, it appears there are forces, particularly in the intelligence community, that are unwilling to trust Americans to determine — on their own and in concert with one another — how best to wield their civic power.

On Thursday, investigative journalist Matt Taibbi distilled the problem down for Congress thusly: "Take away the highfalutin talk about countering hate and reducing harm, and anti-disinformation is just a bluntly elitist gatekeeping exercise. If you prefer to think in progressive terms, it's class war."

Taibbi further indicated that recent censorship efforts by the Biden administration and elements of the intelligence community have tended to "drift in one direction," amounting in some cases to what investigative journalist Michael Shellenberg also stressed was election interference.

Government weaponization
Since the first Twitter Files report last November, the Biden administration has been outed for assuming "a role similar to an Orwellian 'Ministry of Truth'" and for leaning on social media companies to both censor and cure narratives. There have, however, been recent indications that the depths of the government's weaponization have not yet been fully plumbed.

Hours after highlighting efforts by the Biden administration to pressure Google to "crack down" on undesirable communications during the pandemic, the Select Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government convened a hearing to better understand the lengths to which the government has gone to mold public opinion and suppress free speech.

In his opening remarks, Taibbi noted that "there has been a dramatic shift in attitudes about speech in this country, and many politicians now clearly believe the bulk of Americans can't be trusted to digest information on their own."

"This mindset imagines that if we see one clip from [Russian news], we'll stop being patriots; that once exposed to hate speech, we'll become bigots ourselves automatically; that if we read even one Donald Trump tweet, we will become insurrectionists," said Taibbi.

"Having come to this conclusion, the government agencies like the DHS and the FBI and the quasi-private agencies who do anti-disinformation work have taken upon themselves the paternalistic responsibility to sort out for us what is and is not safe," continued the journalist.

Taibbi, who indicated he has voted Democrat all his life, underscored the need to defund projects like the government-linked Election Integrity Project "before it's too late."

Dove

Glad I'm still homeschooling.

Me and my ex mother in law are coparenting. She has my daughter half the week. I have her the other half and we homeschool her.

Next year she may or may not attend a private school. We will see how it goes.

I said this because fucking hell the prog shit is everywhere.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Herman

Quote from: Dove on November 30, 2023, 09:40:47 PMGlad I'm still homeschooling.

Me and my ex mother in law are coparenting. She has my daughter half the week. I have her the other half and we homeschool her.

Next year she may or may not attend a private school. We will see how it goes.

I said this because fucking hell the prog shit is everywhere.
I guess it was around when my boy was in school, but not like it is today. Some places are worse than others. Saskatchewan aint so bad.

DKG

University is for people who have just started being grown-ups. The point is to face ugly things head-on, distinguish truth from lies, develop an ability to see logical fallacies and bad evidence, and become a disciplined, serious adult citizen.

UCLA business school professor laughed off a student's demand that exams be postponed for black students because of the trauma caused by Saint George Floyd's murder. More than 17,000 people since signed a petition calling for UCLA to dismiss Gordon Klein from the school. Universities purge and punish crimespeak with a joyful zeal that makes actual Red Guards a little jealous.

Thiel

Sara Gonzales and her show, "The News & Why It Matters," has come under the watchful eye of Big Tech for the second time this year. Gonzales' production team was apparently informed that her YouTube channel was given a strike and barred from posting any new content for a full week.

Gonzales wrote: "The COMMIES over at @YouTube gave me a strike for asking how someone can be both non-binary and transgender. (???) We're banned for a week
https://twitter.com/SaraGonzalesTX/status/1733250464689303691?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1733250464689303691%7Ctwgr%5Ea563560a4038ec63fa4afefb7c928c8a0612c631%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theblaze.com%2Fnews%2Fdetermined-to-censor-my-channel-sara-gonzales-takes-aim-at-youtube-for-censoring-channel-after-questioning-transgenderism
gay, conservative and proud